Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Nov 21, 2005 at 8:00 PM Post #77 of 4,539
Just heard it for the first time on my new (to me) RS-2s:

"An Evening with El Diablo" by Chevelle, from Wonder What's Next.

The detail on the bass guitar (I can really hear the pick scraping) and the impact on the kick drum were quite impressive.

Nov 21, 2005 at 8:13 PM Post #78 of 4,539
Porupine Tree - In Absentia or Deadwing
Opeth - Ghost Reveries
Goldie - Timeless (Bass
basshead.gif
)
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew, Remastered (lots of layering and depth)
Mahler - Syphony #9. Berliner Philharmoniker/Karajan (WOW!!!)

Nov 21, 2005 at 8:20 PM Post #79 of 4,539
Defiantly Led Zeppelin, but especially the song Moby Dick and Living Loving by Zeppelin.
Cream, Vanilla Fudge, Blue Cheer, Grand Funk Railroad (T.U.N.C) sound GREAT. I didn't get into my Rap collection though.

Nov 21, 2005 at 8:49 PM Post #80 of 4,539
Complete albums that make my headphones shine:

MTV Unplugged by Alice In Chains
Lateralus by Tool
Salival by Tool
The Fragile by Nine Inch Nails
Playing The Angel by Depeche Mode
El Cielo by Dredg
Kid A By Radiohead
Drukqs by Aphex Twin
Panopticon by Isis
Aerial by Kate Bush
Takk by Sigur Rós

Nov 21, 2005 at 9:11 PM Post #81 of 4,539
well, a ton of songs are sounding great on my HF-1s, but 2 that stand out are:

Mononghela - Eric Tingstad
The Finer Things - Steve Winwood.

They just seem to make the particular cans sound so good.

Nov 21, 2005 at 9:22 PM Post #82 of 4,539
Just a few sitting on my playlist:

Coldplay - The Hardest Part
Led Zeppelin - The Rain Song
Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
Pink Floyd - Time
Pink Floyd - On the Turning Away
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Radiohead - Paranoid Android

Nov 21, 2005 at 10:31 PM Post #84 of 4,539
Quote:

Originally Posted by jernmo
Eric Clapton - Lonely Stranger

Completely agreed. This is probably may favorite song on the Unplugged album and sounds phenomenol.

I've recently started listening to some Kate Bush and lot of that sounds very good as well.

Nov 21, 2005 at 11:04 PM Post #87 of 4,539
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheechoz
You have to listen to:
Rage Against The Machine, the first album!!!!
600smile.gif

For rock I agree and, no arguments please, this is THE finest debut album ever, the songs, political message and sound quality are great. I defy anyone not to like it, it's one of only a few debut albums that have made me grin like this.
biggrin.gif

I don't know who did the mastering on it, but give that guy a medal!
For pop another fantastic debut album is Coldplay-Parachutes. Just amazingly well produced for a pop album. It's warm but not muddy, sparkly but not bright, it's got a great soundstage without it being too wide and the vocals and guitars are top notch. Coldplays newest album is produced very poorly in comparison, it sounds over-compressed and thin and the songs aren't as good they're too slow and safe sounding sometimes. Come on coldplay, grow yer hair and rock out a bit more!
tongue.gif

For electronic music you can't beat '100th window' or 'Mezzanine' by Massive Attack to test a system's revealing and bass capabilities respectively.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL
That 'Who' song where the beginning goes "woooow"

sorry

That might be 'I'm a boy' but I'm not sure.

Nov 22, 2005 at 12:04 AM Post #88 of 4,539
The first two almubs by Amon Tobin, Bricolage and Permutation are amazing heaphone albums. All his works are samples off of many, many albums. The recordings he uses very dramaticly from sample to sample and the effect it has on the soundstage is amazing. Each sample brings in its own baggage and the way Amon fades some things just blows me away. With a good amp and source its a unique experience and one if you like jazz is one you shouldn't miss.

Nov 22, 2005 at 12:14 AM Post #90 of 4,539
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuOD
I love this song... I could sit here all day listening to it. boost up the bass a bit and techno equalizer.. hd590s

Tiesto - In My Memory (Dutch CD) (2001)\09 - Tiesto - Suburban Train (with Ronald van Gelderen)

"In My Memory" I use that song to test everything. Especially the part where the girl goes "and darkness falls"
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back