Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Oct 30, 2005 at 8:10 PM Post #61 of 4,538
Definitely second Radiohead on Sen's. ohh The Bends and ok computer sound great on them. Now Amnesiac is kind of a wow effect but not that great of an album in my opinion.
Lord Of The Rings Return of the King soundtrack Into the West by Annie Lennox sounds amazing too, but probably her singing anything would sound amazing.

Oct 30, 2005 at 8:56 PM Post #63 of 4,538
Quote:

Originally Posted by Victor Donchenko
Lord Of The Rings Return of the King soundtrack Into the West by Annie Lennox sounds amazing too, but probably her singing anything would sound amazing.

I like Enya's 'May It Be' from 'Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring' better. It sounds cleaner.

Oct 30, 2005 at 9:58 PM Post #64 of 4,538
Clapton's Unplugged and Michael Jackson's Number Ones.

There are some seriously coooool effects in some of MJ's songs. Clapton's Unplugged sounds good because it actually sounds like you are in there with him, the acoustics of the room, soundstaging etc. it all sounds real.

Oct 31, 2005 at 2:18 AM Post #65 of 4,538
"Do You Want To" - Franz Ferdinand

I'm sure many here have their new cd or have heard the single. If you have it, try this on your HD600/650. Turn it up loud. Wait after the intro when the song really kicks in. It sounds awesome. I love the way the guitar sort of pans in different directions and doesn't stay still.

Oct 31, 2005 at 2:40 AM Post #66 of 4,538
3rd Strike- "Hang On" and "Flow Heat"

The Grits- "Ohh Ahh"

Nov 10, 2005 at 3:41 AM Post #68 of 4,538
Here are a few of my favorites that really make me want to stay up late listening to my 595's in the dark (in no particular order)...

Anything by Kraftwerk (The Mix is great)

Albums:
Eric Clapton - Unplugged
The Tragically Hip Live Between Us
Sufjan Stevens - Illinoise / Seven Swans

Songs:
Gomez - We Don't Know Where We're Going
Rush - Tom Sawyer / 2112
The Who - Who Are You / Pinball Wizard / Baba O'Riley / Won't Get Fooled Again / I Can See For Miles
Badly Drawn Boy - The Shining
Tom Waits - Poor Edward
Luna - Malibu Love Nest
The Mooney Suzuki - Alive and Amplified
Beth Orton - Concrete Sky
The Tragically Hip - Scared / Thugs / Grace Too / Gift Shop / New Orleans is Sinking / Gus: The Polar Bear from Central Park / Poets
50 Cent - Outta Control
Eric Clapton - Lonely Stranger
Led Zeppelin - The Rain Song
BNL - When You Dream / When I Fall
Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
Kraftwerk - Homecomputer
Sufjan Stevens - All of the Trees... / Chicago

Nov 10, 2005 at 5:13 AM Post #71 of 4,538
I listened to the double disc (Youth Care fund raiser) of pearl jam at the Benaroya Hall on my HF-1s last night. Damn, the recording made me visualize our Winspear Center in town - our concert hall. Hearing the Harp guitar on "Shadows on the Mountainside" by the tea party doesn't get old either.

The remastered Graceland album (Paul Simon) sounds fantastic, with many theivery corporation tracks flowing quite well also.

Nov 10, 2005 at 5:31 AM Post #72 of 4,538
The song that comes to mind to me is SRV's The Sky is Crying, from the album of the same name (not one of the numerous live versions, which are also good). This really shows off the taught, but powerful bass of my HF-1's with the flats. It is also excellent at showing some of the detail of his finger work on the guitar. Anything by SRV is great over Grado's, but this song is one of my new references. I listened to my KSC-35's with this song a little while ago (since I actually brought them home from work for once, to mod the grill). Wow do they sound terrible. I can't believe I even listen to this things at work. Compared to the HF-1's they are literally Audio Vomit.

Nov 10, 2005 at 2:17 PM Post #74 of 4,538
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
marillion,

sup fellow Marillion fan.
580smile.gif

Nov 21, 2005 at 5:34 PM Post #75 of 4,538
Opeth, Katatonia, Nightwish, Sonata Arctica???? Good to see so many fellow metalheads!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back