Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Dec 2, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #3,693 of 4,538
These tracks, from a band you wouldn't associate with audiophile quality (in their early years) are really special. Maybe their best album as well, so beautifully dark.

Dec 8, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #3,698 of 4,538
Muse Breaks is awesome on my Momentums. I love that track as well, IM the Supervisor is a great album. I really prefer open headphones for Psytrance, but I am rarely in a situation where i can use my open headphones

Dec 8, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #3,699 of 4,538
most recently any track off of David Bowie's 'Low',especially side two,and through my Grado PS500e's

tracks like 'Warszawa', Subterraneans', 'Some Are' and 'All Saints' just go to show how unflinchingly innovative and ahead of their time both Bowie and Eno were (and still are),plus with Tony Visconti at the controls the chemistry and  production quality is absolutely off the charts.it's pretty hard to believe that 'Low' came out over 35 years ago.

Nine Inch Nails 'The Fragile' has been on repeat quite frequently lately as well as it is another album whose songs and production quality seems to reveal every subtle nuance just beautifully,lovely deep tight bass,richly textured layers of analog synths, guitar,drums both machine programmed and live.a visceral experience to say the least.I was really surprised to re discover this album as at the time it was released I wasn't floored by it as i am now,then again,I wasn't listening to it on Grados..
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 15, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #3,701 of 4,538
if you really want to test the bass impact and depth of your headphones try the track 'Riding The Void' by ATOM™ from his 2013 release HD ,specifically around the 4:30 mark to around 5:00, talk about a visceral experience!!! you should be able to not only hear yet also feel your headphones vibrate so that it resonates inside and outside your ear - hell your entire skull,and i don't mean as in a single bass note,drop or hit but a full on spatial field of sonic bliss buzzing rumbling and rattling. also if you enjoy  innovative electronic music this entire album is solid start to finish. http://www.discogs.com/Atom-HD/master/570142

edit- as is this collected album of 7"s,12"s and ep's by Bitstream (loads of lovely avant melodic bass and beats here)
http://www.discogs.com/Bitstream-One-Third-Standard-Lux/master/7124

Users who are viewing this thread

Back