Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Dec 25, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #1,291 of 4,539
"The Dark Knight" - James Newton Howard and Hans Zimmer. 

This soundtrack sounds absolutely incredible through the Sennhesier HD650's and I'm sure it would sound just as good on the HD600 and the HD800.

Dec 25, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #1,292 of 4,539

Quote:
"The Dark Knight" - James Newton Howard and Hans Zimmer. 

This soundtrack sounds absolutely incredible through the Sennhesier HD650's and I'm sure it would sound just as good on the HD600 and the HD800.

+1 - Not a perfect soundtrack, thought it was my rig but there are a few glitches on this recording 
still a dark atmospheric classic, great for testing separation.

LCD2/3 does pretty well with this soundtrack too.

Dec 25, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #1,293 of 4,539

Quote:
+1 - Not a perfect soundtrack, thought it was my rig but there are a few glitches on this recording 
still a dark atmospheric classic, great for testing separation.

LCD2/3 does pretty well with this soundtrack too.

Yes, there are songs that I am not a huge fan of, but a few select songs that I think sound absolutely brilliant. Both James Newton Howard and Hans Zimmer are really amazing composers and I have a feeling I will absolutely adore their music for years and years to come.

Dec 26, 2011 at 3:47 AM Post #1,294 of 4,539
on PRO 900

Dec 30, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #1,295 of 4,539
Any well recorded psy/goatrance. When theres sounds and stuff coming from every direction, the excellent imaging of HD600 makes it very psychedelic experience...
beyersmile.png

Also ambient, downtempo and acoustic music sounds wonderful.

Dec 30, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #1,296 of 4,539
Ruffneck (FULL FLEX)  - Skrillex - AKG Q701......

eek.gif

L3000.gif
k701smile.gif

Jan 3, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #1,299 of 4,539
Really? I just listened to this track on my Q701s, and I'm not impressed. Im my opinion all K70x/Q701are boring when it comes to playing electronic music. Even with EQ. That's why I bought the AH-D7000 to supplement  them. 

Don't get me wrong, I love the Q701s but I think they are way better on jazz for instance:

This song is soundstage to me:

Quote:
Ruffneck (FULL FLEX)  - Skrillex - AKG Q701......

eek.gif

L3000.gif
k701smile.gif

Jan 3, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #1,300 of 4,539

Hmm, i quite like that :)
Quote:
Really? I just listened to this track on my Q701s, and I'm not impressed. Im my opinion all K70x/Q701are boring when it comes to playing electronic music. Even with EQ. That's why I bought the AH-D7000 to supplement  them. 

Don't get me wrong, I love the Q701s but I think they are way better on jazz for instance:

Jan 4, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #1,303 of 4,539
I love using Sigur Ros tracks to demo headphones because they're so complex, offering something different for every type of sound profile.  Specifically, I use "Svefn-g-englar" and "Olsen Olsen" from the album Agaetis Byrjun; I find both to be incredibly beautiful but for different reasons.  On headphones with a big sound stage, these tracks will make you feel like you're flying.  More forward, mid and treble-focused headphones, like my Grado SR80i, will accentuate the ethereal vocals on both tracks, the buzzsaw sound of a heavily distorted guitar being played with a viola bow (eat your heart out, Jimmy Page), and the orchestral portions of the latter track.  For cans that tilt towards the low end, both of these tracks are capable of digging really deep.  "Olsen Olsen" has a nicely accentuated kick drum, while "Svefn-g-englar" rumbles like no track I've ever heard with sustained low notes from an organ -- it's also a favorite to listen to in my car, which has a 12" subwoofer.

Jan 5, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #1,305 of 4,539

Quote:

Actually, I'm starting to agree with you. At first, I was disappointed, then loved them once I heard some electronica. There is something about the Q701's that I love, and something I hate. Maybe it's the bigger soundstage update, and maybe it's the metallic sounding vocals and mids that I can't stand. I'm starting to think a DT990 would have been better....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back