Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software
Nov 3, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #421 of 1,377
Sorry, XP is not officially supported. My guys say that it might run, on some configs, but that was a very slim "might". For PC you need at least Vista or rather - Win 7.

Nov 3, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #422 of 1,377
Thanks for the info .. I figured as much .. I am likely buying a new laptop within 2 months anyways .. so I'll be in the Win 7 or Win 10 world soon .. can't wait to try this !!

Cheers, JLS.

Nov 4, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #423 of 1,377
  Where is the setting for "no limit" in the sonarworks plugin for jriver? Those of you using SSBB, are you doing that with a jriver pe or the sonarworks plugin?

there's no "setting" for "no limit" the no limit profile is a profile you have to install, not a setting to be clicked on and off.  It doesn't, by default come with the program, you can get it if you do a custom profile by sending your headphones in and request that they make your custom profile no limit, or if you can make your own profile by hand.  Took me a while to figure this out as well.

Nov 24, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #426 of 1,377
Web site says

Contains:

3 instances of Sonarworks Reference 3 AU, AAX Native, RTAS and VST plug-ins (Mac or Win)

Dec 1, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #427 of 1,377
So I've gone through all the steps to get the plugin to be compatible with Music Bee, but I still can't access it. I'm willing to use different playback software, but that's a whole other discussion. I also have mediamonkey installed as well.  I have the trial and just want to try it out with my HD800 and googling guides have been absolutely no help that I can find.

Edit:  Downloaded the JRiver trial.  Now that was super easy to get it working, but would prefer not to have to use a new player that is rather expensive.

Edit 2: Is there a way to get this to work when streaming Tidal?

Dec 1, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #428 of 1,377
  So I've gone through all the steps to get the plugin to be compatible with Music Bee, but I still can't access it. I'm willing to use different playback software, but that's a whole other discussion. I also have mediamonkey installed as well.  I have the trial and just want to try it out with my HD800 and googling guides have been absolutely no help that I can find.

Edit:  Downloaded the JRiver trial.  Now that was super easy to get it working, but would prefer not to have to use a new player that is rather expensive.

Edit 2: Is there a way to get this to work when streaming Tidal?

I use audiohijack.  I vaguely recall it being somewhat expensive when I originally bought it, but to me it was definitely worth it as I use it to manage a lot of stuff.  With AudioHijack you can capture audio from any program and process it through the system.  iTunes, web browser, tidal, etc.  Literally anything that has audio can run through it.  A huge benefit is that I can use it to save different headphone and use case profiles.  

Here you can see I created different profiles for each headphone I have:

This allows me to save custom settings within sonarworks and other DSP programs I use for each headphone, so that custom setup is just a click away

Here is what it looks like when you open one of the profiles.  The two sources I have setup are iTunes and safari here.  They then feed into sonarworks, which then feeds into my goodhertz plug-ins, then to my DAC.  But it even has usages outside of that.  You can use it to record audio.  So, let's say you want your sonarworks calibration on the go?  You can record the post sonarworks output by putting a recorder after it in the chain.  THe resulting file will be a processed file, that you can then transfer to your mobile player.  I've never really went through the trouble of doing it (though I have used the audio recorder for other things and it is very high fidelity).

I've tried most of the programs that will host sonarworks, and I think audiohijack is easily the most full featured and easy to use.

Dec 1, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #429 of 1,377
I use audiohijack.  I vaguely recall it being somewhat expensive when I originally bought it, but to me it was definitely worth it as I use it to manage a lot of stuff.  With AudioHijack you can capture audio from any program and process it through the system.  iTunes, web browser, tidal, etc.  Literally anything that has audio can run through it.  A huge benefit is that I can use it to save different headphone and use case profiles.  

Here you can see I created different profiles for each headphone I have:

This allows me to save custom settings within sonarworks and other DSP programs I use for each headphone, so that custom setup is just a click away

Here is what it looks like when you open one of the profiles.  The two sources I have setup are iTunes and safari here.  They then feed into sonarworks, which then feeds into my goodhertz plug-ins, then to my DAC.  But it even has usages outside of that.  You can use it to record audio.  So, let's say you want your sonarworks calibration on the go?  You can record the post sonarworks output by putting a recorder after it in the chain.  THe resulting file will be a processed file, that you can then transfer to your mobile player.  I've never really went through the trouble of doing it (though I have used the audio recorder for other things and it is very high fidelity).

I've tried most of the programs that will host sonarworks, and I think audiohijack is easily the most full featured and easy to use.

Thanks! I'll take a look at that program.

Dec 1, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #430 of 1,377
For Mac users I wrote up instruction that use Sound Siphon 2 (free). The instructions are for cross feed, but I use the same instructions for SonarWorks. Because it's system level, it captures all sound and processes it. Since Apple provides a 31 band equalizer, you can that too for free.

https://1drv.ms/w/s!AtMV-AQgKZCXgfRLHLI6LcnXoh0zKw

let me know if anyone has questions. 

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #431 of 1,377
Another vote for Audiohijack here. Incredibly useful and customisable. Well worth the outlay.

Dec 11, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #432 of 1,377
A bunch of new phones got added to the supported list!  Been wanting to try sonarworks for so long and now they finally have the yamaha hph-mt-220s AND the HD-700s i'm about to get.  First impressions are REALLY good.  Everything I've listened to so far sounds much more "right." 

Dec 11, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #433 of 1,377
Received an email:

After long weeks of measuring, testing and tweaking we're releasing our biggest supported headphone update yet!

With cans ranging from the noble-but-bright AKG K812 to everyman's Beats now even more people can join the headphone revolution!

http://us9.campaign-archive1.com/?u=aa7648c555d53d896887bac90&id=fa4039fa04&e=a0645859e8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back