Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software
Sep 8, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #391 of 1,377
Id be very curious to see how Sonarworks would work with the hd700's while I was never very fond of their overall sound. They are super comfy and have a great soundstage.
Has anyone sent a pair in for calibration?
I thought I read hd700 thread people where using the hd800 profile and tweaking it? Anyone have any feedback on that?

Well forget the 700's... Picked up the hd800's again and I'm really loving them with the Sonarworks on flat!

Just amazing!

Sep 11, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #394 of 1,377
@RudeWolf is there any chance that you guys would consider adding a few headphones to the software? Possibly we could take a poll of around five headphones and see which have the most interest. Personally I'd like to see Audioquest Nighthawk and Ether Flow on that list. The Nighthawk seems an easy choice. I'm not sure about the Ether as there doesn't seem to be any planar magnetics on the list. 

If it weren't for your location, I would have mailed in all my headphones for individual calibration already. 

Sep 11, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #395 of 1,377
@RudeWolf
 is there any chance that you guys would consider adding a few headphones to the software? Possibly we could take a poll of around five headphones and see which have the most interest. Personally I'd like to see Audioquest Nighthawk and Ether Flow on that list. The Nighthawk seems an easy choice. I'm not sure about the Ether as there doesn't seem to be any planar magnetics on the list. 

If it weren't for your location, I would have mailed in all my headphones for individual calibration already. 

I wouldn't mind seeing a HIFI-man on the list either.

Sep 11, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #397 of 1,377
Audeze LCD 2.2 and LCD X have generic eq curves in latest version.

Sep 13, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #398 of 1,377
  @RudeWolf is there any chance that you guys would consider adding a few headphones to the software? Possibly we could take a poll of around five headphones and see which have the most interest. Personally I'd like to see Audioquest Nighthawk and Ether Flow on that list. The Nighthawk seems an easy choice. I'm not sure about the Ether as there doesn't seem to be any planar magnetics on the list. 

These higher end cans are pretty hard to get. As for orthos, we have already added LCD-2.2 and LCD-X to the list, both calibrate very well due to terrific power handling. We will also add the Oppo PM-3 soon.

Sep 13, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #399 of 1,377

These higher end cans are pretty hard to get. As for orthos, we have already added LCD-2.2 and LCD-X to the list, both calibrate very well due to terrific power handling. We will also add the Oppo PM-3 soon.

Very nice! Is the pm-3 the only new one on the list?

Sep 13, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #402 of 1,377
Has anyone had the chance to try some of the closed back headphones with Sonarworks? If so, how well do the KRK KNS-8400 or Focal Spirit Pro translate with the calibration? I'm also considering the Shure SRH-840. 

Sep 14, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #403 of 1,377
The Sony MDR-7506 is a crowd favourite, the effect is so positive that we usually use it for demonstration. I mean - they don't suddenly transform into open-backs, but getting rid of that treble spike does wonders.

Sep 26, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #405 of 1,377
So far we have measured only one pair and the calibration went very good. I'd say that it's only a matter of time once we get a average profile out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back