Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software
Sep 26, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #406 of 1,377
  So far we have measured only one pair and the calibration went very good. I'd say that it's only a matter of time once we get a average profile out.

Can I ask, if you put a pair of the HD800S through Sonarworks and a pair of the HD800 through Sonarworks would the result be, more or less, the same? 

I'm sure they will measure somewhat differently at the end, but if you're using Sonarworks does it make sense to have both phones in your opinion?

Sep 30, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #410 of 1,377
Wonder if anyone can help me with an issue I have with Sonarworks.

Currently I use JRiver MC21 with Sonarworks as a plug in.  My two EQ's are a custom EQ for my LCD X's and the flat bass off the shelf for my SD modded Senn 800.  I output everything of OOYH using Windows Direct and setting the DSP to output 7.1 into OOYH.

When I do this for two channel sound, Sonarworks acts as an EQ for both channels, however, when I'm playing 5.1 or 7.1 materials via either Netflix or from my Blue Ray rips I notice the Jriver (Sonarworks plug-in to OOYH to my IFI Idsd Micro to LCD X/Senn HD 800 still only outputs a two channel signal.  When I deactivate the Sonarworks plug in,  JRiver now outputs either 5.1 or 7.1 to OOYH.

Is there some way to get JRiver to output a multi channel Sonarworks data stream to OOYH, so it can do EQ'd multichannel?

Any users out there who know how to do this?

Sep 30, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #411 of 1,377
Wonder if anyone can help me with an issue I have with Sonarworks.

Currently I use JRiver MC21 with Sonarworks as a plug in.  My two EQ's are a custom EQ for my LCD X's and the flat bass off the shelf for my SD modded Senn 800.  I output everything of OOYH using Windows Direct and setting the DSP to output 7.1 into OOYH.

When I do this for two channel sound, Sonarworks acts as an EQ for both channels, however, when I'm playing 5.1 or 7.1 materials via either Netflix or from my Blue Ray rips I notice the Jriver (Sonarworks plug-in to OOYH to my IFI Idsd Micro to LCD X/Senn HD 800 still only outputs a two channel signal.  When I deactivate the Sonarworks plug in,  JRiver now outputs either 5.1 or 7.1 to OOYH.

Is there some way to get JRiver to output a multi channel Sonarworks data stream to OOYH, so it can do EQ'd multichannel?

Any users out there who know how to do this?

Try to change order of plugins in signal chain. First ooyh then sw.

Oct 11, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #412 of 1,377
absolutely love this plugin but the saving default profiles and being able to remove profiles needs some work or some documentation on how to clean them up. i've got 3 random Default profiles along with the one profile I've tweaked and set, which I have to manually select and tweak each time I open it because it doesn't save any of my changes. 

this is using the pedalboard and cable connections for systemwide EQ.

maybe I'm missing something. other than that, this has been a game changer. great stuff. 

Oct 12, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #413 of 1,377
If you guys could add a few more headphone profiles to the software, your product could really take off. Come on guys, I know you can do it. 
beerchug.gif

Oct 16, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #414 of 1,377
Well... I tried the software on my beloved K712's which I've been using since release (I had K702's before since 2011). I am sadly disappointed that I've been listening to such heavily tailored headphones. I have been mixing extensively on them and now that I hear what it REALLY sounds like I have to re-train my ears to get to know them. Everyone warned me that K712's make everything sound so nice... I guess thats what I get.

Switching between the wet/dry, I hear where they've added and subtracted frequencies. I don't have educated and professional audio engineer ears but I can definitely hear WHY they've subtracted 3kHz and added 6-8kHz. And although I like the neutral sub frequencies, the whole change saddens me. It feels unfair, but I guess I can only start from here on upward now that I can trust that this is what it really sounds like. 

I've read everything on this thread but no one has the K712's, I can't quite put my finger on it but I can almost hear the plastic frame of the K712's. Like, I hear the chamber as if it's not being filled with it's usual sound and the chamber is not pretty anymore... Can anyone try the K712's and share their experiences?

One question I do have (noob mixing question)... What about using the wet/dry to get a better perception of what I am EQing? Or should I just stay with the wet?

Nonetheless I greatly appreciate the software, I just hope I can rely on it since I can't use monitors!

Oct 21, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #418 of 1,377
Where is the setting for "no limit" in the sonarworks plugin for jriver? Those of you using SSBB, are you doing that with a jriver pe or the sonarworks plugin?

Oct 21, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #419 of 1,377
You can't put OOYH before JRiver  or Sonarworks.  It's not a plug in, it's a virtual sound card and needs to be the last link in the processing chain.  Sonarworks is strictly 2 channel, so it can't be used to equalize a 5 or 7 channel stream unfortunately.  Read Darin Fong's explanation in the OOYH thread for further explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back