Some Pictures of my Woodies by the "Wizard" AKA "The Grand Master"
Aug 30, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #46 of 153
Quote:
the customer would be liable, if you wrote it that way in your policy.   You are an artist working a piece of art, changes can and will occur and the buyers will have to understand this before they order from you.  I do not think many people will make trouble with you due to the amazing work seen here.  Its art, first and foremost.  i say go for it and reap the benefits, the work is too good to keep from the public haha just make sure all of that is covered in any policies and such and you wont have too many problems

Well put my friend. It's obvious that you possess the skills necessary, and if and when time/recources permit, it'd be great to see such art made available to the consumer market, be it even a minority. After all, there's no denying that you certainly do have a well established understanding of it all, and your devotion is clearly shown in each of the work of arts you've shared with us up until now.

Aug 31, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #54 of 153
I had an idea. I've been thinking that since the Sony EX1000 is such a wonderful universal IEM, the thought of re-molding its 16mm dynamic driver into a custom would be highly enticing (if the large driver would fit the custom shell okay). Now... I see your incredible handiwork here and I think... 'Hmmmmm, time for the ultimate dynamic driver woody???' If you ever decide you'd like to offer re-shelling to the community here, I would love to pick up another set of the EX1000's for the drivers, and send to you to work your magic turning them into a woody custom. I bet that would be stunning sounding.

And I concur with all the reactions here. Your work is absolutely genius, beautiful, and you should feel immensely proud of the accomplishments. Totally amazing....

Aug 31, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #55 of 153
While it is true, I did stuff 20 drivers into a CIEM.....   16mm would be too big. Beyond that, getting it ported and tuned just right would be a big project.

I tend to stay clear from dynamic drivers due to those reasons.

I am giving this "re-shell" some heavy thought, but my price would be higher than average. 

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Aug 31, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #56 of 153

Quote:
While it is true, I did stuff 20 drivers into a CIEM.....   16mm would be too big. Beyond that, getting it ported and tuned just right would be a big project.

I am giving this "re-shell" some heavy thought, but my price would be higher than average. 

Just to add to the conversation: The 13mm proprietary dynamic driver in the Future Sonics MG6Pro fits easily in the shell.

Aug 31, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #57 of 153

Quote:

I wondered if tuning & porting a large dynamic driver to the shell would prove daunting. No worries, just me wondering.... Keep up the nice work.  

Aug 31, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #59 of 153
Aug 31, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #60 of 153
Quote:

The above statement made my day!
biggrin.gif
 I sure hope you go through with it. I'm sure after seeing some of your final works of art, as you've shown us here, the higher than average price would be justified. You've got at least one customer in line my friend (and I'm sure there are quite a few others just as interested), I say gather whatever recources you need, and maybe offer a first batch, for whatever number of orders you feel comfortable. I, for one, would most certainly jump aboard.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back