*SOLD OUT* NEW Sennheiser HD25-1 II for CHEAP! (~$100 shipped)
Sep 21, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #47 of 302
I emailed buy.com last evening to ensure its the product they say it is. The price is still too good to be true. This is what they sent me. Doesnt say a whole lot but wanted to forward.

Hello Manu,

Thank you for contacting Buy.com.

This is in reference to your email regarding order #35170605.

Please note that the item #205713938 is the same product, provide by you the product detail.

For any further additional information other than what is available in the product descriptions shown on our Web site, you can contact the manufacturer directly for additional technical and compatibility information.

We are happy to provide you with a link to the manufacturer's Web site from where you can request additional information for their products.

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite...headphones.asp

Please contact us for more information.

Sincerely,

Alvin
Buy.com Customer Service
www.buy.com
Order #: 35170605

----Original Message----
> From: manu.murthy@gmail.com
> To: support@customerservice.buy.com
> Subject: Other questions or comments [Ref:3115051]
> Date: 20 September 2007, 20:12 Hrs.
>
> Name: Manu
>
>
>
> Order #: 35170605
>
> Question/Comment:
> ---------------------------------------------------
> I would like to ascertain that the headphones I've ordered are the HD25-1
> II.
>
> Here's the manufacturer's webpage for this product:
>
> http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite...transid=502188
>
> Please confirm if this is the product that will be shipped to me.
>
> I specifically want to ascertain that this is NOT the HD25-SP or HD25-SP II
> version headphones.
>
> Thanks,
> Manu

Sep 21, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #48 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mfg Part#: HD25-1 II is what it states under additional info tab of the hps I ordered. Now if they've put incorrect info and they send me a SP instead, I'll be sending it back obviously. I called them and they said it is the HD25-1 II so I went by what I was told. There's just no way to verify beyond that.

I'm pretty sure you're going to get the correct pair of headphones. All signs point in that positive direction, including the $179 list price. The HD25-SP never retailed for that much.

Hope you enjoy them!

Sep 21, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #49 of 302
Ok I pulled the trigger on buy.com.
tongue.gif
I got a few cds' too. I'll let you guys know how they compare to the dennons and grado 80's

James

Sep 21, 2007 at 7:19 PM Post #50 of 302
Shoot! I just got my pair of HD-25-1 II last week from zZounds for a whole lot more $$.
frown.gif

Oh well, this buy.com deal will be great for those of us that didn't already purchase them. I searched everywhere (or so I thought) for a better price, then, after buying them at zZounds, found them cheaper at B&H Photo.
rolleyes.gif
Buy.com has the best deal yet. Sigh.

I received them the day before yesterday but haven't had a chance to listen to them as yet. I look forward to everyone's impressions!

Holly

Sep 21, 2007 at 7:22 PM Post #51 of 302
Thanks for the heads up. Athough I had these previously and thought at the time they were overrated, dropping the price so much will let me give them a second chance. Ordered.

Sep 21, 2007 at 8:19 PM Post #54 of 302
Thanks. The only thing that causes me some angst is - the list price they've listed for the HD25-1 IIS matches the msrp on senn's website for the SPs. Not sure if I should be drawing any conclusions based on that. I'm just going to wait to receive the item. Will keep you folks updated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm pretty sure you're going to get the correct pair of headphones. All signs point in that positive direction, including the $179 list price. The HD25-SP never retailed for that much.

Hope you enjoy them!

Sep 21, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #56 of 302
anyone ever uses this as a mian home headphone? it may quite uncomfortable like akg k81djs

Sep 21, 2007 at 9:05 PM Post #57 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenjchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
these probably need an amp????
damn $100 plus i have to buy an amp...
what should i do.

From what everyone says, the HD 25-1 do very well without an amp. An amp helps, but not much. The best way to get better sound from these cans is not through amping, but through replacing the steel cable.

edit: Well, I just placed my order on buy.com. Came out to $94.99 using google checkout. I certainly hope they send me the HD 25-1's and not the SP's since I already own a pair of HD 25-SP's.

Sep 21, 2007 at 9:44 PM Post #58 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone ever uses this as a mian home headphone? it may quite uncomfortable like akg k81djs

I don't think supra-aural headphones are ever going to be more comfortable than most circumaural headphones. That being said, I thought they were somewhat more comfortable than the AKG K 81 DJ, partially due to the adjustable pleather-cushion-lined headband.

I considered using it as my all-in-one headphone as it's portable and rugged enough on the go and good enough sounding to use at home, but I ended up deciding that I could sacrifice some sound quality for an ultraportable with more isolation (IEMs). For home use, I use speakers most of the time.

Sep 21, 2007 at 10:16 PM Post #59 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Kang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered. I'm guessing shipping will take alteast 2 weeks to Canada. Looking forward to hearing the sound of these cans.

does anyone know what shipping provider they use and what method? Don't really feel like paying $50 on brokerage fees to canada...

Sep 21, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #60 of 302
How much does the shipping cost to Australia?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back