*SOLD OUT* NEW Sennheiser HD25-1 II for CHEAP! (~$100 shipped)
Sep 21, 2007 at 4:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 302

PeterDLai

Headphoneus Supremus
First off, credit goes to Head-Fi member musicmaker in this post. And now musicmaker gives credit to member invisiblegun.
smily_headphones1.gif

For all of you people here waiting for an ultimate deal on one of the best portable supra-aural headphones on the market, you can snag a pair of Sennheiser HD25-1 II (the newer model number signifies that it includes a carrying case and velour pads) for an astoundingly low price of $104.99 shipped (more if you fall in a state that is taxed).

BUT WAIT! If you are planning on ordering from Buy.com, be sure to use this coupon for 5% off your order OR If you are new to Google Checkout, you can take $10 off your first order through Google Checkout.

EDIT: As of October 1, Buy.com is temporarily sold out.

Also, if you're in one of the states that gets taxed by Buy.com (like in California), a better deal might be able to be obtained from The Twister Group here.

EDIT: As of September 25, The Twister Group is out of stock. If you would like to take a gamble, Electronics Outfitter is selling them for ~$110 plus shipping and tax (if applicable). I would wait until Buy.com stocks it again, though, as they are more reputable.

A warning from Andrew_WOT concerning The Twister Group:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Careful with Twister, they had unbelievable deal for D2000 a while ago, charged credit cards right away and never fulfilled any orders, took a while for some headfiers to recover their money back.

All in all, if you're in the market for these, now would be a good time to get a pair since this is the lowest I've ever seen these for ever, and it's even the newer model (which has been proven to use the same driver as the previous edition). I'm not quite sure if this is just a temporary price drop at a few online stores or if Sennheiser is really dropping the price on these babies.

Sep 21, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #4 of 302
that's HUGE!

just placed my order, thanks for the heads up

been hanging around the fs/ft forums for these

from the twisted group it works out to be ~$180 shipped to Australia

that's less than half the price of buying locally !

Sep 21, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #5 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice..
any link between hd25-1 and hd25-2?

if you mean the HD25-1 and the HD25-1 II the HD25-1 II comes with velour pads and a few other value added accesories

Sep 21, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #6 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you mean the HD25-1 and the HD25-1 II the HD25-1 II comes with velour pads and a few other value added accesories

Crazy deal. Does it come with velour pads instead of the pleather ones, or in addition to the pleather ones? I only ask because I happen to have a pair of the velours already on hand...

Sep 21, 2007 at 5:37 AM Post #8 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Crazy deal. Does it come with velour pads instead of the pleather ones, or in addition to the pleather ones? I only ask because I happen to have a pair of the velours already on hand...

I believe that the velour pads come in addition to the pleather pads. I just checked HeadRoom's product page and it states this:

Quote:

The mid-sized supra-aural ("on-the-ear") earpads are a supple pleather-type material and offer pretty respectable ambient noise attenuation. An extra set of soft replacement earpads is provided in the HD25-1-II packaging along with a handy transport pouch.

Enjoy!

Sep 21, 2007 at 5:38 AM Post #9 of 302
Quote:

nice..but how do they compare to full sized phone..let say hd650 or grados?

Sep 21, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #10 of 302
Careful with Twister, they had unbelievable deal for D2000 a while ago, charged credit cards right away and never fulfilled any orders, took a while for some headfiers to recover their money back.

Sep 21, 2007 at 5:41 AM Post #12 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am looking for a HD580 sound signature or as close as can be to the HD580 in a sealed can..Any idea how this stacks up?

I think I've read that many Sennheiser fans end up liking the sound of these (at least with a replacement cable), but I have never heard any of the professional Sennheiser headphones myself.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice..but how do they compare to full sized phone..let say hd650 or grados?

I think that the only people that should be looking at these are those that care for a portable, closed, isolating pair of headphones. If those criteria are not necessary, then I still believe for home use, the other open-ended headphones will provide better sound quality (but will probably end up costing more relative to this deal).

Sep 21, 2007 at 5:44 AM Post #13 of 302
Quote:

Thanks for the heads-up, I added it to the OP.

Sep 21, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #14 of 302
Quote:

oh... that's no good. now i'm worried =S

what was the outcome/conclusion to the matter?

Sep 21, 2007 at 5:46 AM Post #15 of 302
Quote:

that's HUGE!

just placed my order, thanks for the heads up

been hanging around the fs/ft forums for these

from the twisted group it works out to be ~$180 shipped to Australia

that's less than half the price of buying locally !

Any way I can place an additional order for one with you (and we share shipping cost -provided they don't charge fixed shipping fee for each)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back