*SOLD OUT* NEW Sennheiser HD25-1 II for CHEAP! (~$100 shipped)
Sep 22, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #76 of 302
mine shipped as well.
i noticed the prices on the same model number dropping over the last year. you can see it in the buy.com listings. I bet this is discontinued or a closeout on slow stock.
I sure hope so as i would hate to send these back and lose shipping costs.

Sep 22, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #77 of 302
If they mislabeled the HD25-SP II to be the HD25-1 II, we can return it with no prob right?

Sep 22, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #78 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
uh oh.

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite...transid=502103

that the HD25-SP II... MSRP is $180...
plainface.gif
plainface.gif
plainface.gif

but the site on buy.com specifically says HD25-1 II on the title and mfg model #... so...

eek.gif

That must be it.
And HD25-1-II
MSRP is $269.95.
I bet someone confused them for HD25-1-II because of "II" suffix.

Sep 22, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #79 of 302
Well, I just sent this e-mail to buy.com asking them to confirm that there is no mix-up. Hopefully they'll get back to me soon.

I just ordered a HD 25-1 II from this page: http://www.buy.com/prod/sennheiser-l...205713938.html
and I was hoping you could verify that the product I will receive is the HD 25-1 II and not the similar but inferior HD 25-SP II.

What raises suspicion is that the MSRP(your site refers to it as "List Price") listed on the web page($179.95) is actually the MSRP of the HD 25-SP II and not the MSRP of the HD 25-1 II($269.95). Secondly the price you are selling the HD 25-1 II for just seems too good to be true. These headphones normally sell for around $180.00 and I just bought them for under $100.00 shipped, which is less than some places sell the inferior HD 25-SP II for.

Again please verify that this is not some kind of mix-up between the two models of headphones.

Thank You, "my dad's name"

Sep 22, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #80 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Kang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered them through twister group. Unfortunately, Buy.com does not ship to Canada.

Thanks for the info Agent Kang.
Anarchy965, please tell us what buy.com's response is, I'm holding of buying these until I make sure of the model.

Sep 22, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #82 of 302
Often times online stores don't get the correct MSRP on their website. The same thing happened when I got my Sennheiser HD 25 from eCOST a while ago. I was unsure if I was getting the SP model or the correct model, but in the end I did receive the correct model. The description they used was for the SP model but the manufacturer model number was correct.

Then again, I did pay about $140 for them back then.

Sep 22, 2007 at 4:51 AM Post #83 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How will these sound vs my Beyer DT231's ??

Itza freakin' hi-fi website and all peeps wanna talk about are the prices. NOT ONE answer in a full page or more of posts. You all should be ashamed of yourselves!

Now I had to order some before bedtime, because YOU guys wouldn't tell me if they were worse than what I have...
redface.gif

Sep 22, 2007 at 5:10 AM Post #84 of 302
Quote:

Itza freakin' hi-fi website and all peeps wanna talk about are the prices. NOT ONE answer in a full page or more of posts. You all should be ashamed of yourselves!

Now I had to order some before bedtime, because YOU guys wouldn't tell me if they were worse than what I have...
redface.gif

LOL. If you and rest of us are lucky enough, we'll get correct versions and if we do they are one of the best supra aural headphones so I dont think you'll regret your decision. Now all this assumes that our buy.com friends haven't *&^%$^ up the model numbers.

Sep 22, 2007 at 6:36 AM Post #86 of 302
Mine have shipped also. They gave me a bogus tracking number from a package that had already been delivered nearly a year ago.
rolleyes.gif

Now I'm waiting to see which model everyone gets. If it is the right one then I'll keep it - if not, I'll just refuse delivery to avoid the cost of return shipping (wonder if I'll still need an RMA number)

Sep 22, 2007 at 6:44 AM Post #87 of 302
SWEETNESS! I've been wanting the HD25-1's for ages..but their price kepted me away. I think next paycheck I'll be getting some HD25-1 II's!

Sep 22, 2007 at 7:41 AM Post #88 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SWEETNESS! I've been wanting the HD25-1's for ages..but their price kepted me away. I think next paycheck I'll be getting some HD25-1 II's!

Ah yes, it's your lucky day!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 22, 2007 at 4:16 PM Post #90 of 302
Quote:

How will these sound vs my Beyer DT231's ??

I had the Beyer DT231 galactics (translThe translucent blue edition) until they were stolen in 2002 sometime, during a trip.
After a lot of research, and bsacially the only owner of the HD25-1 being Bangraman, i pulled the trigger.
I don't remember that much about the DT231, but their bass was very nice and clean sounding - very balanced. The highs were lacking in detail in comparison to what the HD25-1 offers, albeit the HD25-1 is sibilant at times due to the cable. The mids on the HD25-1 are also very uncolored, and i think they follow those of the DT231 well if memory serves me right.
Bass on the other hand is not as tight as the DT231 - far from. The bass is more detailed than with the DT231, but at the same time a little overpowering
smily_headphones1.gif

I wouldn't call this a bad upgrade at all, but still keep in mind that the DT231 is an excellent phone at it's selling price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back