*SOLD OUT* NEW Sennheiser HD25-1 II for CHEAP! (~$100 shipped)
Sep 21, 2007 at 7:19 AM Post #31 of 302
Tempted to pull the trigger, however I don't need a set of portable headphones and I feel that my RP-21s are more than enough to satisfy my listening needs. Plus my wife will kill me!!!

Sep 21, 2007 at 7:24 AM Post #33 of 302
well thanks to you guys i just ordered a pair (*crosses fingers*)

you guys are worse than slickdeals at getting me to use my money =P

EDIT: oh, and thanks to the OP and the original poster of this deal too

Sep 21, 2007 at 7:51 AM Post #35 of 302
i've bought stuff off buy.com before... and i have gotten my stuff in one piece. plus, i think it is a pretty big company, so they should be able to deliver the goods i hope.

Sep 21, 2007 at 8:04 AM Post #36 of 302
I'm down for one. Thanks for the heads up!
The only Sennheiser I have is the old HD497, and they sound pretty good. If anything, I have a good friend that might like it as a gift... or as a 'good buy' : D

Sep 21, 2007 at 8:10 AM Post #37 of 302
buy.com is an ok site. make sure you pay via credit card in case anything happens.

i probably will have to pass, too many headphones right now and no time for a supraaural...

the tempation is killing me

Sep 21, 2007 at 8:19 AM Post #38 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
buy.com is an ok site. make sure you pay via credit card in case anything happens.

I'm not familiar with Buy.com
Is there something fishy about this site?

Sep 21, 2007 at 8:20 AM Post #39 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so these are the exact same as HD25-1 but with extras? if that's the case i'm in for one

yes
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flagger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just had a look at twister groups shipping to australia, US$57 for priority shipping
frown.gif
is it still a good deal at ~US$160?

yes, but if you combined shipping with someone, it's only an extra $10 for to ship 2!

Sep 21, 2007 at 10:48 AM Post #40 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by greydragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not familiar with Buy.com
Is there something fishy about this site?

Chances are most people are fine with Buy.com transactions. They get the job done, and right now they're offering a great price.

Most of the people who post on ResellerRatings are people who had bad experiences, and with the sales volume that Buy.com has, they're bound to have a lot of unhappy customers. But there's also a ton more satisfied customers who just don't bother to post their experiences on ResellerRatings, BizRate, etc.

Sep 21, 2007 at 10:49 AM Post #41 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With a better headband too, I just ordered.

I was not aware of any headband upgrade. Can you or someone else elaborate what's different about the headband?

Sep 21, 2007 at 12:29 PM Post #42 of 302
Would these headphones be an upgrade to grado sr-80's or denon d1000's ?
confused.gif

For this price I'm tempted to give them a try.

James

Sep 21, 2007 at 3:04 PM Post #43 of 302
When I searched for HD25 the first one says $199 sold out the cheaper one says $104 but in stock? Looks like there is some mistake in buy.com's database somewhere. It is the same model isn't it? The list price for the cheaper one says $179, I thought the list price for the HD25-1 II was $259?

Sep 21, 2007 at 3:13 PM Post #44 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by flargosa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I searched for HD25 the first one says $199 sold out the cheaper one says $104 but in stock? Looks like there is some mistake in buy.com's database somewhere. It is the same model isn't it? The list price for the cheaper one says $179, I thought the list price for the HD25-1 II was $259?

dunno, but the twister group are honouring the price

i'm in communication with them now to process my order

Sep 21, 2007 at 3:57 PM Post #45 of 302
Mfg Part#: HD25-1 II is what it states under additional info tab of the hps I ordered. Now if they've put incorrect info and they send me a SP instead, I'll be sending it back obviously. I called them and they said it is the HD25-1 II so I went by what I was told. There's just no way to verify beyond that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back