Softears - Discussion & Appreciation
Mar 1, 2021 at 1:34 AM Post #76 of 1,593
Just some inputs after listening to RSV for a week.
since RSV is only 8Ω, I found it actually perfectly works with line-out signals from FiiO M11Pro(it offers line-out volume controls) on DSD mode.
The line-out sound is very much nothing but neutral vs THX AAA 78’s amped warm entertaining sound.
It’s out-of-head experience as if I’m listening music on a well configured speaker systems.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 2:40 AM Post #77 of 1,593
since RSV is only 8Ω, I found it actually perfectly works with line-out signals from FiiO M11Pro(it offers line-out volume controls) on DSD mode.
The line-out sound is very much nothing but neutral vs THX AAA 78’s amped warm entertaining sound.
It’s out-of-head experience as if I’m listening music on a well configured speaker systems.
Well, generally line out have higher output impedance compared to a phone out, which are not quite beneficial for low impedance headphones. But maybe fiio tend to make their line out to be also low impedance.

Mar 1, 2021 at 3:20 AM Post #79 of 1,593
Higher impedance does decrease bass quantity with the RSV. I don't have high impedance sources but you can already tell a difference only from a few ohms.
Green: Hugo 2
Blue: Hugo 2 + ifi IEMatch Ultra
Orange: Hugo 2 + ifi IEMatch High

Ignore the treble response. I was too lazy to change the ear tips and just took whatever was laying around here. You can see the resonance is at 7.5 kHz which is not accurate to the fit of the RSV. This graph is only to show the difference from the output impedance. I matched the output at 90 dB SPL @1kHz for every setting before measuring it.

softears_rsv_oi.png

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #81 of 1,593
Thanks for the interesting insights!
If you DAP support line-out with volume control (if not Line-out will have no volume control and the max output could potentially damage your IEM & your eardrum, so not recommended), I'd suggest giving it a try, turn the volume to zero, then gradually raise it. For my case, I found line-out to be much more identify matching with RSV, it lowers bass, and brings much more transparency and air.

Mar 1, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #82 of 1,593
Damn. Your comment on well configured speakers makes me WANT MY PAIR RIGHT NOW!

Thanks for wetting my whistle. :D

Mar 1, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #83 of 1,593
Damn. Your comment on well configured speakers makes me WANT MY PAIR RIGHT NOW!

Thanks for wetting my whistle. :D
This RSV surely will reveal your DAP's 100% potential, that's I'm sure :relieved:
Actually, at some point, RSV is just so transparent, and it disappears. No boundary between you and the music contents itself.
This is what I found the "true raison d'etre" of RSV, not tonality and sound signature, it's just a catalyst, I don't need to pay attention to IEM itself anymore, it's immersion.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #84 of 1,593
Higher impedance does decrease bass quantity with the RSV. I don't have high impedance sources but you can already tell a difference only from a few ohms.
Green: Hugo 2
Blue: Hugo 2 + ifi IEMatch Ultra
Orange: Hugo 2 + ifi IEMatch High

Ignore the treble response. I was too lazy to change the ear tips and just took whatever was laying around here. You can see the resonance is at 7.5 kHz which is not accurate to the fit of the RSV. This graph is only to show the difference from the output impedance. I matched the output at 90 dB SPL @1kHz for every setting before measuring it.

softears_rsv_oi.png

That's useful, thanks! :beerchug:

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Mar 3, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #85 of 1,593
Couple things, My RSV shipped so I'll get them pretty soon. I also got the E1DA 9038D because it has the lowest output impedance of near anything.. so the RSV at 8 ohm impedance should have no frequency changes vs what was intended.

Mar 5, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #87 of 1,593
Shenzhen killing it. 3 day shipping from China to my door in New Mexico? wow..

First impressions: YASSS! This is my jam. Signature is fully what I wanted it to be.

You will love it as you spend more time with RSV! The real means of "non-existence"! Looking forward to your impression!

It was lightning-fast shipping with DHL from Shenzhen, China > Hong Kong> OH (Cincinnati) > CA (LA!?) > FL (Florida!?) >OH (Cincinnati!?) > My place... I don't know why RSV wanted to do sightseeing from Ohio to West Coast then to East Coast, but after all, it only took 3 days.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #88 of 1,593
I can say a few things. The bass hits hard, like it should for the tuning. Very nice wide sound with excellent OCD detail and twinkles. Nothing is popping out as being off or wrong, though I tried only a few tracks so far. Pinna gain is perfect for my ears as well.. which is a sore point on a lot of TOTL tuned sets.
These are a complete winner... but more testing to come.

Mar 5, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #89 of 1,593
@redrol Great to hear! It only gets better from here, once you start improving the fit and finding better ear tips. RSV is my daily driver now and I don't think anything will replace it soon.

Anyway, I finally have finished the Turii review. Here it is: https://www.klauseulenbach.de/2021/03/05/softears-turii/

_KE60315.jpg
_KE60323.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back