So Who’s Been to Jail?
Feb 13, 2008 at 7:01 AM Post #91 of 157
In this country, I don't know if laws have changed, but in my husband's youth he also got caught for doing stupid stuff - like riding a moped into the ditch and continuing on as if this is normal "because he was high" on hash I think.

That got erased off his record too, but he only got a report on him and sent home.

The biggest punishment was his cool leather jacket caked in mud in the morning.

Feb 13, 2008 at 10:50 AM Post #92 of 157
It doesn't quite count, but I've spent in total a couple of months on the inside as a public defender. Still, I've been searched, frisked, wanded, and passed through all sorts of metal detectors. I've been in juvenile facilities, maximum security, psychiatric prison facilities, the works. It was interesting for awhile, but the corporate grind is better.

My favorite jail was the law library in Deschutes County, Oregon. When they closed the old jail under the Courthouse, they moved the law library in there. I had a card key to get in whenever I wanted, so I often did a lot of research down there. They left it more or less intact, as well. Always a fun visit.

Got arrested once, for what looked like manslaughter. Happened after a car accident. The other guy pulled through, somehow, but they thought he was going to die, so I was arrested and taken in for urine and blood samples while they did a reconstruction. Turned out the other guy was over three times the limit in addition to drugs and he ended up in prison for the accident. My tests came back clean. I wasn't booked, charged or even given a ticket. Have to say that the police could not have been nicer during it. Really. They were actually nice.

Other than that, 5 speeding tickets, 4-5 parking tickets and a fix-it ticket for a missing front license plate.

Mar 15, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #93 of 157
At 20, I was arrested for selling pot to someone I went to high school with who was working for the cops undercover to get out of a speeding/possession ticket. I was such a burnout that he TOLD me he was going to help the cops and I should help him do it (it was stuff I sold him that he got busted with) because he told the cops he got it from me and I forgot. Fast forward a month or so, I sold to him 4 more times during that period and got pulled over at gun point immediately after the last one. They charged me with 12 felonies, 3 for each sale; one for distribution of marijuana, one for packaging with intent to distribute (for putting different amounts in different bags) and one for distribuiton without a tax stamp... wow. All for less than 1 ounce of marijuana TOTAL. Anyway, 2 days in lockup, 89 days of work release (during which I went to school), 3 years probation and I was let off early for good behavior. Best thing that ever happened to me.

Mar 16, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #94 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now, to stay on topic, I've been arrested twice. Once for fighting and once for being drunk underage.

And even with all that "legal" experience, you still "allegedly" harassed a USPS employee???

Shame, shame.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #95 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Feeding Time:

This was the best. It was tuna sandwich night… Yummm. The sandwiches were individually packaged in wax paper pockets, sealed on only 2 sides.

i only read this first post and i have to say.... MY TAX money!

Mar 16, 2008 at 8:20 AM Post #97 of 157
Busted at age 16 for inciting a riot. My parents left me there for five days and bailed me out the day before I had to go to court. Boy, did I learn my lesson even though 20 or so guys out of the 200 I was souping up went in with me. Played a lot of basketball but being locked up was kinda scarey for a 16 year old. Anyway I was aquitted and never saw the inside of a lockup again except for work. Here I am revealing my criminal past and my kid's starting law school in the fall. Ah, such is life.....

Mar 16, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #99 of 157
Only in Monopoly, and to bail out my ex.

Laz

Mar 16, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #101 of 157
I visited Rahway State Max for a college sociology trip.
very interesting, out of a class of 20 only around 8 students took advantage of the trip and only 2 male students.
I recognized one of the Lifers from Scared Straight.
I want to ask, for those who had been in Jail or arrested, did that record affect anything?
Employment apps asks if you've ever been arrested or convicted for anything. or, as they say been through the System.

Mar 16, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #102 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlindTiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I visited Rahway State Max for a college sociology trip.
very interesting, out of a class of 20 only around 8 students took advantage of the trip and only 2 male students.
I recognized one of the Lifers from Scared Straight.
I want to ask, for those who had been in Jail or arrested, did that record affect anything?
Employment apps asks if you've ever been arrested or convicted for anything. or, as they say been through the System.

I was there in '77 or '78 as part of my American Legal System class and we did Scared Straight.

Mar 16, 2008 at 9:00 PM Post #103 of 157
I hear if during the cavity search you scream "Fist Me! Fist Me! I've been a very naughty boy!" the rest of the processing tends to get rushed through much quicker.

Also dancing and singing techno music during the strip search should be worth some points.

Uhncha-uhncha-uhncha-uhncha-uhncha-uhncha-uhncha wikiwikiwiki

Mar 16, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #104 of 157
That's interesting, I was there 10 years later in 86 if I remember correctly.

Mar 16, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #105 of 157
Technically it is East Jersey State Prison now. Apparently the people of Rahway didn't like being associated with the prison.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back