So Who’s Been to Jail?
Aug 8, 2007 at 4:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 157

Samgotit

Headphoneus Supremus
First, you don’t have to say what for if you don’t wanna. I went once by force; that is, I didn’t want to go.

Transport to central lock up:

The cop that arrested me didn’t “take me in”. He had another cat do it. This guy was hysterically nonchalant. He started a conversation with me like I was a passenger in a taxi. He ended up telling me about a fourth of his life story. The ride was too short for the whole thing. He was from Guatemala. I guess he had residency because he was a cop, but I don’t know? He was here to work and send money home. That’s literally how he felt about being a cop; it was just a job like any other- Odd, isn’t it. He was very nice, though, and I’m sure he was good cop, but it just struck me as strange that he spoke about it so matter-of-factly.

Processing:

Nothing spectacular happened, but the pay phones were free, presenting me a conundrum to think on while I waited to be bailed out.

Feeding Time:

This was the best. It was tuna sandwich night… Yummm. The sandwiches were individually packaged in wax paper pockets, sealed on only 2 sides. The guard wasn’t the most attentive server. He flung the sandwiches at us like Frisbees. In mid-air they escaped their wrappings and the wax paper fell away like wadding does after a cannonball is fired. Once the force of air resistance became greater than the force of the adhesive mayonnaise, which kept the bread suck to the meat, the bread would peel away as well, leaving a tuna projectile free of its wax paper and bread sabot. I was fine with not eating. I tested one of the puddles of spent tuna to see if it would form a stiff peak; it’s how I like my tuna. The consistency was more of a tuna and mayo soup. I was also afraid I might have to fight for it. It wasn’t worth it. Jail sucked. Don't go.

I only spent ~20 hours in the can, but I can say I’m pretty hard because of it. Don’t mess with me.

So what was your experience? Military jail and international jail experience welcomed. Anyone in jail now?

Aug 8, 2007 at 5:00 PM Post #2 of 157
does married with children count
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Outside of that, nope never been

Aug 8, 2007 at 5:07 PM Post #4 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went once by force; that is, I didn’t want to go.

Is this unusual?
wink.gif

Aug 8, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #5 of 157
Jail is great, right? I'm basing this on that The Office US episode here (The Convict)
biggrin.gif

Aug 8, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #6 of 157
The second to last day of my freshman year in college. Me and some friends went to another friend's house to drop off a computer that was borrowed. When we got there we had no intention of staying but they pretty much forced us to hang out for a while to celebrate the end of the year. I had 1 bottle of beer while there and as we were getting ready to leave the police showed up and started cuffing people. Sault Ste. Marie has a zero tolerance policy in regards to underage drinking so my sober friends and I were forced to spend the night in the drunk tank with some guy who wouldn't shut up about his flying cat named Leonerd.

Another friend bailed us out about 30 minutes before I had to take a final (I got the highest grade in my class).

So basically I spent $355 and a night in jail for 1 Killian's
frown.gif

Aug 8, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #7 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by no1likesme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The second to last day of my freshman year in college. Me and some friends went to another friend's house to drop off a computer that was borrowed. When we got there we had no intention of staying but they pretty much forced us to hang out for a while to celebrate the end of the year. I had 1 bottle of beer while there and as we were getting ready to leave the police showed up and started cuffing people. Sault Ste. Marie has a zero tolerance policy in regards to underage drinking so my sober friends and I were forced to spend the night in the drunk tank with some guy who wouldn't shut up about his flying cat named Leonerd.

Another friend bailed us out about 30 minutes before I had to take a final (I got the highest grade in my class).

So basically I spent $355 and a night in jail for 1 Killian's
frown.gif

That will teach you not to get caught!
wink.gif

Aug 8, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #8 of 157
Nice story.

I've been once. I was 22 at the time, driving a car and about it with friends. Well, it was late after a night of bar hopping, so you can tell what happened next.

I didn't walk straight and all that jazz. On the way downtown, much like gotit's, the officer was very jovial. He was drinking some frozen coffee drink and chatting on his cell phone. He kept bragging about how, "you're my last of the night. I can go home now." He even got on his speaker a couple times to warn passing drivers to watch their speed.

Forward to the holding house, I was in a public holding pen with a couple yuppies and a bunch of rough looking guys. The yuppies and I kept our eyes to the floor while the rough guys joked and made comments. It was a real "Brandon learns a lesson" kind of moment. There was no rape scene or taunting, but still it wasn't a feeling I'd like to duplicate. The cell was exactly as I imagined - black bars with some cold steel benches, complete with the public shiny urinal.

Five hours later, my officer fetches me to take a breath test. It was a pretty nice little station to the side of a cubicle farm. ESPN was playing on a little t.v. Cops were flirting with dispatchers who woman'ed their cubicles. Wrongly, I assumed the dispatchers would be in some cave with blinking lights, sweat dripping down their face. Nope, these ladies were working in well lit, relaxed conditions. I listened to radio chatter and police codes and watched ESPN.

After another hour, the officer conducts my breathalizer test. I gave five hard blows. He leaves and returns with a disappointed look on his face. "I don't know how this can be, but you're within the legal limit. I'm going to take you home."

Hindsight, the guy was teaching me a lesson, and it worked. Never again, have I driven a car in that condition.

Aug 8, 2007 at 5:27 PM Post #12 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hindsight, the guy was teaching me a lesson, and it worked. Never again, have I driven a car in that condition.

Same age. Same circumstances. A little harder lesson. Same conclusion.

Aug 8, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #13 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jail as in 'incarcerated' is waaaaay different than going to the police station lockup.

Thank you captain obvious. It's still nice to read the different experiences ain't it?

Aug 8, 2007 at 6:01 PM Post #14 of 157
Maybe instead of jail you should've asked: who's been in prison?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back