So Who’s Been to Jail?
Aug 8, 2007 at 6:13 PM Post #16 of 157
I've been a couple times....all when I was much younger. At 19, I was on leave from the Army and was arrested and spent the night in jail because I punched a cop. He had it coming! The guy was half arrogance and half attitutde. I was incarcerated for pretty much the same thing while stationed in Heidelberg, Germany. Only there, the Polizei (spelling?) will hit you back. I was a little drunk at the time...
wink.gif

Aug 8, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #17 of 157
Once, a few years ago, I came very, very close. A plea of insanity (easily sustained) saved my butt.

Actually, what really saved me was being enrolled in a full-time University program. Getting caught in the first place was the intense part though - undercover cops in plain clothes and burly builds snuck up in the dark and nabbed me. Thought I was about to get the beating of a lifetime.

That incident resulted in 9 months probation (conditional discharge). Being a wise old owl, I decided to repeat my incident in our Nations Capitol with about a month of probey left, and get caught doing it. Luckily, the officer was impressed with my brazen (out in the open) yet considerate (well away from others) choice of location, and simply handed a bylaw ticket for smoking in a prohibited area.

Got lucky there.

I presume my crime against humanity is clear at this point. I have still not learned my lesson.

Aug 8, 2007 at 8:29 PM Post #20 of 157
I got arrested once at a dead show. I was standing there talking to this dude and the heat came round and busted me for smiling on a cloudy day.

Aug 8, 2007 at 8:38 PM Post #21 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I presume my crime against humanity is clear at this point. I have still not learned my lesson.

Don't worry, your avatar clued us in well before this post.

At a much different time in my life I did 6 days in a crisis center. It was for people who had threatened to hurt themselves *or* others, which I always found odd. On one hand you had people like me who needed help figuring out why life was important. On the other hand you had thugs who had decided that someone else's life was unimportant enough to make threats but not actually commit a crime. Oh and then there were the full on "Cuckoo's Nest" style lifers in the mental health system. Fun times. It worked though.

Aug 8, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #23 of 157
I've bailed out my gfs younger sister + 3 of her friends about 4 years ago. They didn't clue in when the cops came the third time to shut down the party.
That's the closest to jail I've been.

Aug 8, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #25 of 157
i've been to jail. 80 days. and no, i wasn't downtown. i went to jail. don't drink and drive. scariest most life changing experience of my life. needless to say, i gave up drinking. currently on 3 years probation.

Aug 8, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #26 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
/waits in eager anticipation of Kirosia's no-doubt imminent contribution to this thread
tongue.gif

Or Patrick's. Maybe he'll have some tale about beating his cellmate to death with a Valhalla cable.

Aug 8, 2007 at 9:18 PM Post #27 of 157
I had a car accident when I didn't have a valid license and lied in the beginning to the cop...
The cop named Bob was tough because he could tell I was lying. But once I told the turth, he was quite nice and told me his stories.

Lesson learned : Don't drive if you don't have a valid license. If what I hit was a person, my whole life is ruined !

Aug 8, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #28 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
/waits in eager anticipation of Kirosia's no-doubt imminent contribution to this thread
tongue.gif

Never been. Most of my indiscretions were in school or against family, and they tend not to alert the 5-0. I have come close a few times, when I used to hang out with some very uh... sociopathic fellows. (think teen versions of Denzel's men from Training Day) My aunt did almost call the cops when my older half brother tried to fight me (to the death) at her restaurant.

When I am approached by a cop, I personally enjoy faking my voice: "Hello officer, how may I help you this fine evening? Of course I am not acquainted with those midnight ruffians over yonder!To the gallows with them, I say!!"

Aug 8, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #29 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I am approached by a cop, I personally enjoy faking my voice: "Hello officer, how may I help you this fine evening? Of course I am not acquainted with those midnight ruffians over yonder!To the gallows with them, I say!!"

I laughed so hard at that I peed a little.

Aug 8, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #30 of 157
I'm not sure if I should say or not - I am a nice guy, honest.
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, I was out at a friends house drinking with about 6-7 of my friends. After having a bit too much, I decided to leave the house with two friends and make my way home just after midnight.
We stopped at a bus-stop, and then a Ford Focus pulls up and two undercover cops come out. I, being intoxicated, run down the road being chased by one of cops. After a while hiding in somebody's back garden I leave and a Police car and van pull up and I get chased by 4-5 Policemen.
I am eventually rugby tackled, held down and arrested and spent a good 3-4 hours in a cell with my mates before my dad came to bail me out.

Anyway, I think I've learnt my lesson. It wasn't exactly jail, just a room with a thick metal door, bed-type-thing, and one-way mirror. Fun, fun, fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back