So what's the word on the new Ultrasone HFI-780????
Feb 10, 2008 at 4:27 AM Post #106 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by wilashort /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you very much for your answer. I forget that the earpads can be stretched. But you don't feel uncomfortableness in the long term usage?

Long term to me is 60 to 120 minutes...before I have to move around. I have no problems with that time frame.

Feb 10, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #107 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce_freak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like to see comparison between hfi680 and hfi780

Me too. I was looking for $150~200 cans and these came to my interest.
I wonder how those two are different? The S-Logic system seems to be very interesting.

Feb 10, 2008 at 8:22 AM Post #108 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i want to see a comparison between the hfi780 and the pro 750. i was under the impression pro750s were in higher in ultrasone's lineup.

x2

Quote:

me, wanna hear a comparison between HFI580 & HFI780...
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilashort /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you very much for your answer. I forget that the earpads can be stretched. But you don't feel uncomfortableness in the long term usage?

streched ? how to do that ?
confused.gif

Feb 10, 2008 at 10:32 AM Post #109 of 2,328
This thread is raising a lot of questions to me.

Looks like Ultrasone has decided to make their headphones more comfy going for oval shaped cups instead of the round ones, which due to their smallish diameter, rest on your ear unless you have then on the little side of things.
Also seems that the ear pads are more robust and don't tend to allow the driver-plate getting too close to the ear. Is all this correct?

Sonic wise the new HFI-780 seem to be an excellent more affordable alternative to the E9s, sharing their warm, full and musically engaging sound. I'd like to know -and I bet more mates in here-, what are the things the E9s do better or way better to justify their x5 price.
On the other hand many of us have other Ultrasone cans which could be our reference point to know what to expect if going for the HFI-780 or the E9s. I'd be very thankful if someone using now the HFI780, having or knowing well the HFI-2200 ULE, could share with us how do the HFI780 or E9 compare to them.

I briefly listened to the Pro650 and found them a bit on the bright side of things but with a very good bass response, although a bit enhanced. They were the reason I took the plunge to buy blindly the 2200, expecting a more relaxed sound, which they provide. I kindly ask you Ultrasone Pro owners to share your impressions about how would compare the 750 or 2500 to the 2200 and the new 780s.

Advanced thanks. Rgrds.

Feb 10, 2008 at 11:14 AM Post #110 of 2,328
You guys are just going to have to wait a little longer till others who have gotten them chime in on what they are hearing...Maybe the HFI series always had this sound profile and I just did not know it.

I probably got my impressions ahead of the cart so to speak. I was just moved by their sound profile having be so much like the UE9...and I had to tell everyone. But be patient and you will have more impressions soon by others.

Feb 10, 2008 at 12:26 PM Post #111 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys are just going to have to wait a little longer till others who have gotten them chime in on what they are hearing...Maybe the HFI series always had this sound profile and I just did not know it.

I probably got my impressions ahead of the cart so to speak. I was just moved by their sound profile having be so much like the UE9...and I had to tell everyone. But be patient and you will have more impressions soon by others.

No worries mate, I'll be waiting for other members' opinions, but I'm sure you also can add more interesting comments once you feel the HFI-780 are burn-in enough.
Thanks & rgrds.

Feb 10, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #112 of 2,328
Hi
With streched, i mean that it can be expanded, but I don't known with 100% of security, it's a supposition
wink.gif
(the material can be expanded a little by the ears if it is softer enough, but i am not sure...). Although slwiser seems not to have problems with the comfort and he have a little bit bigger ears than me; although i have a big head too.
Quote:

Originally Posted by iQEM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
streched ? how to do that ?
confused.gif

Feb 10, 2008 at 7:43 PM Post #113 of 2,328
Quote:

Where do you even get the hfi-680s. I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Feb 10, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #114 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ordered my 780 last wednesday and don't have tracking yet (NSL). But, I don't recall my HFI700dvd being a mini Edition 9, although both have a little more midrange presense than the Proline 2500. The HFI700dvd were used with lots of hours and were smoother in the top-end than the Proline 2500, until I got 300-400 hours on the 2500.

Feb 10, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #115 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by acegazda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where do you even get the hfi-680s. I can't seem to find them anywhere.

I could only find them at qables. Too bad Dr. Meier does not sell phones anymore, he usually had great prices on European models. I got my HFI-650 Trackmaster from him when it wasn't available in States.

Feb 10, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #116 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered my 780 last wednesday and don't have tracking yet (NSL). But, I don't recall my HFI700dvd being a mini Edition 9, although both have a little more midrange presense than the Proline 2500. The HFI700dvd were used with lots of hours and were smoother in the top-end than the Proline 2500, until I got 300-400 hours on the 2500.

Then after a proper burn-in period I think you are in for a treat...since you enjoy your UE9s so much.

Feb 10, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #118 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could only find them at qables. Too bad Dr. Meier does not sell phones anymore, he usually had great prices on European models. I got my HFI-650 Trackmaster from him when it wasn't available in States.

and quables is selling them for $271 (+shipping?). I would have thought they should be a little less.

Feb 10, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #119 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaNuS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How would these be without a dedicated headphone amp? Was considering getting these for watching movies and either running them from a basic HT receiver or Sound card.

here's a quote from a PM...

Quote:

Quote:

thanks so much for the comparison. This was done amped with your xin reference correct? Could you possibly try it out unamped and compare the results to the amped version? Thanx in advance.

I have said this before about my UE9 and this is also true about these new ones. The UE9 (and now the HFI-780s) make everything sound good. So unamp ed these would still be very good. I will do this later I got to go now.

Slwiser

Feb 10, 2008 at 9:03 PM Post #120 of 2,328
I find it semi-odd that the UE9 would be similar to the 780, when the 780 uses the gold plated driver.

The difference between the PRO 650 to 750 is just the gold plated driver to the Ti plated driver. That was a huge step up!

Some of the posts on here might be spot on with the "drop the Ti driver in" idea!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back