So what's the word on the new Ultrasone HFI-780????
Feb 9, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #91 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sometimes "for movies and gaming" just means "a little more bass", which is generally a welcome thing for me.

I am of the same opinion. Ordered a pair yesterday. Should be here mid next week
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2008 at 5:29 PM Post #93 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sometimes "for movies and gaming" just means "a little more bass", which is generally a welcome thing for me.

Most of the times extra bass doesn't come for free, something else gets sacrificed in the process. That's especially the case with impedance playing on otherwise identical drivers and enclosures.

Feb 9, 2008 at 5:33 PM Post #94 of 2,328
Guys, please do me a favor. Please tell me where to get these. All I found is selling them at $249. I think people got it for $200. I would definitely welcome PM. Thanks!! And, I envy those who already have em~

Feb 9, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #95 of 2,328
Moonsurf, I got mine from RMC - see Slwieser's post above.

Feb 9, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #96 of 2,328
Thanks, Skylab!!
By the way, you are in England this weekend, right? I hope you enjoy your trip, and I am looking forward for your review on HFI-780. The only thing is, I can't wait and may pull the trigger on it today.
I loved deep extended base of HD-280pro, only thing was that it had too good of isolation that caused my ears to hurts due to air pressure. Hoping Ultrasone's are easier on ears as they claimed to be. Just in case, you have other thoughts on HFI-780, please PM me and I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks always!

Feb 9, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #97 of 2,328
I am going to London this coming week (business, not pleasure, although I adore London). I will be taking the 780's with me, as they will be broken in by then. Hopefully the 780's and the iQube will be a good combo.

Feb 9, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #98 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by jh4db536 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's Definitely something wrong with the wiring on the right side. If i play with the right side while it's on my head the right driver cuts in and out. Im very unimpressed with this. I believe it could happen again with a new pair. Id rather this headphone NOT fold up.

To recable this thing in split mode would be a significant upgrade. Like the edition 9....

Lemon. I have yet to hear about such a complaint from any Ultrasone users here on head-fi...

Feb 9, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #99 of 2,328
I just ordered mine. Hopefully they are as great as postings on this forum, and I will come back to post my initial impressions soon. By the way, I got em for great price. Thanks, Skylab!!

Feb 10, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #100 of 2,328
i want to see a comparison between the hfi780 and the pro 750. i was under the impression pro750s were higher in ultrasone's lineup.

Feb 10, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #102 of 2,328
So would I like to see someone compare all of these. Now that my HFI-780 is under going some changes I am attempting to be more reserved. They certainty have the UE9 house sound. What other Ultrasone's have that sound? I really don't think the Proline 2500 that I had sounded quite like this.

How would i characterize the UE9 house sound? I would say speaker like is the best way....setting right in the near field of a fine pair of monitors. Getting even more detailed would be using a SET/SEP (Yamamoto is a SEP) amp with single driver speakers.

Feb 10, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #103 of 2,328
Ah.... i am so tempted since the first time that i see them (and because of the S-logic plus), but i don't have money in this moment... Very good alternative for my Open headphone! and for movies that is what i like much... and a very good price! (not as the Ed9 (not worth the money))

Slwiser, what are the dimensions of the earpads? (my ears are 6 cm tall and 3,5 cm wide). Those headphones fit in my ears...??
Thank you

Feb 10, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #104 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by wilashort /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah.... i am so tempted since the first time that i see them (and because of the S-logic plus), but i don't have money in this moment... Very good alternative for my Open headphone! and for movies that is what i like much... and a very good price! (not as the Ed9 (not worth the money))

Slwiser, what are the dimensions of the earpads? (my ears are 6 cm tall and 3,5 cm wide). Those headphones fit in my ears...??
Thank you

Headphone inside pad dimensions look like 5.5 x 3.5 to me for the HFI-780. My ears fit inside and I thought mine were big and they are, 7.4 x 4.4. Maybe they are being rolled up somehow. I did not realize this but they must be. This probably will change the sound in some way from what someone else would experience with smaller ears. This is an interesting discovery. This would also apply to the UE9s as well.

Feb 10, 2008 at 4:09 AM Post #105 of 2,328
Thank you very much for your answer. I forget that the earpads can be stretched. But you don't feel uncomfortableness in the long term usage?
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headphone inside pad dimensions look like 5.5 x 3.5 to me for the HFI-780. My ears fit inside and I thought mine were big and they are, 7.4 x 4.4. Maybe they are being rolled up somehow. I did not realize this but they must be. This probably will change the sound in some way from what someone else would experience with smaller ears. This is an interesting discovery. This would also apply to the UE9s as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back