So what's the word on the new Ultrasone HFI-780????
Mar 7, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #841 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by wilashort /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not too personal, but i dislike the "Flavor of The Month" people; fickle person,
People that buy something for simply by ala slwizer, I detest (nor hate (i don't hate to nobody)) extravagant/spendthrift people.
To these that had a lot of money and don't known what to do with this money, why do you not donate that Damm money to the Red Cross?
I don't want to be annoying, but PLEASE people, Think before of act.

I understand what you are saying but sometimes the forum of choice may not be the most receptive and sometimes it isn't the right place. I have taken food and clothes on my back to remote villages for the poor and yet I spend money for things I don't really need. What I spend could go to feed people, not a person, but people and yet I post here, buy things I don't have to have and everything goes on. How many headphones do you have and how many do you really need? There, but for the grace of God go I. And if someone doesn't believe in God then, "There, but for the grace of all the variables in life, go I".

Mar 7, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #842 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I understand what you are saying but sometimes the forum of choice may not be the most receptive and sometimes it isn't the right place. I have taken food and clothes on my back to remote villages for the poor and yet I spend money for things I don't really need. What I spend could go to feed people, not a person, but people and yet I post here, buy things I don't have to have and everything goes on. How many headphones do you have and how many do you really need? There, but for the grace of God go I. And if someone doesn't believe in God then, "There, but for the grace of all the variables in life, go I".

Well said. No need to throw around insults. It could be that english is your second language and you aren't phrasing your words in a more tactful way, but come on
tongue.gif

Mar 7, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #843 of 2,328
Ok, these are starting to open up. Very good dynamics and "snap". Bass is loosening up (not flabby but it was to anal) and giving the better solid rumble. I am driving them with the Predator and they sound pretty good. They also play very well with the Woo 6 (slightly modified).

Mar 7, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #844 of 2,328
If only you knew the complete lack of money, insurance and health I have. but anyways....

These were by no means a FOTM purchase for me. I got some money from a relative and I decided to treat myself for the first time in a couple of years. I originally wanted IEMs to replace my loved but now dying CK7s and then I saw reports on these and I thought I might like something different for home... These are the most expensive headphones I own.

I'm not a "multiple-model-owning" type person my K501 serve all my needs just fine.

Glad to hear you're liking them, souperman, and I'm sorry if I caused you any hassle.

Mar 7, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #845 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by Torzwo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If only you knew the complete lack of money, insurance and health I have. but anyways....

These were by no means a FOTM purchase for me. I got some money from a relative and I decided to treat myself for the first time in a couple of years. I originally wanted IEMs to replace my loved but now dying CK7s and then I saw reports on these and I thought I might like something different for home... These are the most expensive headphones I own.

I'm not a "multiple-model-owning" type person my K501 serve all my needs just fine.

Glad to hear you're liking them, souperman, and I'm sorry if I caused you any hassle.

Haha no you didn't. All your negative comments about the 780's actually helped me purchase them as they were exactly I was looking for, so basically I wouldn't consider myself falling into the FOTM hype. I've never experienced burn-in like this before. I only have 24 hours and a bit more on them so far.

Mar 7, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #846 of 2,328
I know health is all important. I am an ICU nurse and what I see here with need and in areas I have been around the world.

I don't think these will be FOTM, not from what I am hearing. Compared to the RP21's, they have more of everything without over doing it, which to me, is very important. They also isolate better than anything else I own, which is also a good thing as I sit directly across from my partner and she doesn't like to hear the tinkle of music, which is the reason I use mostly closed vs open headphones.

Mar 7, 2008 at 12:59 AM Post #847 of 2,328
Yes, i understand you that it isn't the thread, but because i like much this thread than others (it has more exposure). I find it "appropiate" to post my words... In other hand, you are more concient and i applaud you to don't buy the ED9. it's a lot of money (is a crime) for only a very slightly improvement in the bass extension and slam and the same in the soundstage, but only very sligthly to stock or stock + cable (i feel that it is a waste too but in the "tolerable" range). Really is a stupidity to do that...
In other hand, i only need maximum two headphones that sound very good with everything. Not an headphone for one music genre, another for other and .....as much here in this site "a lot of people" do. One open for main listening and the other (Closed) for places that require isolation, where sound leakage isn't a must.
For that, i am selling that i don't use anymore (DT770pro (i had it for a year and a month (enough time for it, to not to be a impulsive and unnecessary or Flavor of the month buy))).
And in other hand, if the people don't believe in god, there is not anything bad in that, but...

P.S: i don't known that you are a Woman (i thinked that you are a man), but well, is very good that you help others as a nurse. You must be proud!

An audiophile nurse is rare to find hehe
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, is my second languaje and sometimes it is difficult for me to use/articulate the appropiate words, for that i had to make various editions in my posts (i am very perfectionist in nature).
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It could be that english is your second language and you aren't phrasing your words in a more tactful way, but come on
tongue.gif

Mar 7, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #848 of 2,328
I think audiophiles are weird people hehehehe, I am weird to but not a qualified audiophile. I just like good sounds and these Can's sound good to me
smily_headphones1.gif

I think the new cables will make them sound better
wink.gif
darn place is addictive and I must be learning something if I crave that last little bit of making it sound better...

peace!

Mar 7, 2008 at 1:13 AM Post #849 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha no you didn't. All your negative comments about the 780's actually helped me purchase them as they were exactly I was looking for, so basically I wouldn't consider myself falling into the FOTM hype. I've never experienced burn-in like this before. I only have 24 hours and a bit more on them so far.

How do they pair with your Sony without an amp so far?

----
So the 780 would work well on a plane? I think I read three posts implying they were used for travel, but nothing more specific on plane use (Yes, I just read through all 58 pages at once
eek.gif
)

Mar 7, 2008 at 1:16 AM Post #850 of 2,328
The 780s are very very good at isolating sound. When my roommates talk to me I can barely hear them. They can't ever hear my music so it's all good.

If you put the headphones into the "compact mode" where the cups are pressed against each other, absolutely no sound leaks from these babies. Even if I put them right next to my ears.

Mar 7, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #851 of 2,328
after all the good and bad statements. I have thought it over and hmmm why would I want a complementary can for my ad2ks again? They do almost everything right. ahh Isolation for portable use... Then the specs says 94db or was it 96. anyway, that a huge volume drop from the 102 or more db sensitivity of the ad2ks and those have just the right volume straight out of the ipod. With some music with very low gain, it's not even enough.

I think I should go for the much more sensitive dj1 and be done with it. I still get a taste of what the s-logic plus is all about plus I get decent portable cans that look better to me(for a white ipod) as portables than the 780. Unless I see a dj1/hfi780 owner dog the dj1 and say the hfi780 is light years better, I might as well go with the dj model

Mar 7, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #852 of 2,328
I spoke with Ultrasone US and the new DJ1 is also supposed to have some of the features of the 9 so they may be very nice sounding.

Mar 7, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #853 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
after all the good and bad statements. I have thought it over and hmmm why would I want a complementary can for my ad2ks again? They do almost everything right. ahh Isolation for portable use... Then the specs says 94db or was it 96. anyway, that a huge volume drop from the 102 or more db sensitivity of the ad2ks and those have just the right volume straight out of the ipod. With some music with very low gain, it's not even enough.

I think I should go for the much more sensitive dj1 and be done with it. I still get a taste of what the s-logic plus is all about plus I get decent portable cans that look better to me(for a white ipod) as portables than the 780. Unless I see a dj1/hfi780 owner dog the dj1 and say the hfi780 is light years better, I might as well go with the dj model

On He&Bi they have the DJ1 noted as a favorite. You probably would enjoy the new one even more.

Mar 7, 2008 at 1:58 AM Post #854 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by wilashort /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, i understand you that it isn't the thread, but because i like much this thread than others (it had more exposure). I find it "appropiate" to post my words... In other hand, you are more concient and i applaud you to don't buy the ED9. it's a lot of money (is a crime) for only a very slightly improvement in the bass extension and slam and the same in the soundstage, but only very sligthly to stock or stock + cable (i feel that it is a waste too but in the "tolerable" range). Really is a stupidity to do that...
In other hand, i only need maximum two headphones that sound very good with everything. Not an headphone for one music genre, another for other and .....as much here in this site "a lot of people" do. One open for main listening and the other (Closed) for places that require isolation, where sound leakage isn't a must.
For that, i am selling that i don't use anymore (DT770pro (i had it for a year and a month (enough time for it, to not to be a impulsive and unnecessary or Flavor of the month buy))).
And in other hand, if the people don't believe in god, there is not anything bad in that, but...

P.S: i don't known that you are a Woman (i thinked that you are a man), but well, is very good that you help others as a nurse. You must be proud!

An audiophile nurse is rare to find hehe
wink.gif

Yes, is my second languaje and sometimes it is difficult for me to use/articulate the appropiate words, for that i had to make various editions in my posts (i am very perfectionist in nature).

Haha. There are male nurses, too. I think jamato8 is one of them.

Mar 7, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #855 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
after all the good and bad statements. I have thought it over and hmmm why would I want a complementary can for my ad2ks again? They do almost everything right.

Except everything I'm looking for in headphones
smily_headphones1.gif
. Also the DJ1 isn't that much cheaper than the 780's here in the states.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back