So my Ultimate Ears Just died :( Time for a replacement! :D
May 6, 2011 at 12:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

jerry007

New Head-Fier
So my Ultimate Ears Super Fi 5 Pro's just died. Had them for 7 months, still under warranty. Since they are phased out Logitech is offering me a full refund. Looking for new earphones at the moment, but I prefer not to spend the whole refund on new earphones.

What's the best I can get for around $100? I listen to all types of music, but I can't stand my buds not having any bass at all. So looking for something of equal (or even better) performance than what I had. Gimme your best shot guys

Also this is my first post, hey :D

May 6, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #2 of 20
What up new guy!  Fellow noob here!  I just bought a pair of MEElectronics M6 from Amazon for a whopping 22 bucks and they sound pretty darn good and I was blown away by the bass.  I think the black ones were even cheaper, but I wanted the sexy clear color =)

May 6, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #3 of 20
Radius DDM, HJE9000, Custom 3, EX700 and TF10Pro.

May 6, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #5 of 20
Quote:
What up new guy!  Fellow noob here!  I just bought a pair of MEElectronics M6 from Amazon for a whopping 22 bucks and they sound pretty darn good and I was blown away by the bass.  I think the black ones were even cheaper, but I wanted the sexy clear color =)

The main problem I have with the M6s is that they have bad driver flex. A simple headshift would cause driver flex. This is true for a lot of Dynamic Driver headphones, but with the M6 it is really bad. The sound quality is great for the price, but the thin drivers is a down fall for me...

If you were looking in this price range you might as well dish out another $30 and get Monster Turbines from Monster Outlet (refurbished). Well worth the money. 

Like ZARIM stated, the HJE9000's are nice and TF10s are a shot for the money. Many head-fiers are selling the latter so you may want to look in the Head-fi market for those. Although you probably have to dish out a couple more bucks. Keep in mind TF10 fit doesn't always fit everyone. Either A) you don't like the fit or B) you can modify the fit to fit you comfortably C) RESHELL! (Change in sound sig if you do this)

May 6, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #6 of 20
The main problem I have with the M6s is that they have bad driver flex. A simple headshift would cause driver flex. This is true for a lot of Dynamic Driver headphones, but with the M6 it is really bad. The sound quality is great for the price, but the thin drivers is a down fall for me...

Driver flex... are you talking about losing seal or the sound changing when you turn your head? Sorry to high jack. :frowning2:

May 6, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #7 of 20

Quote:
Radius DDM, HJE9000, Custom 3, EX700 and TF10Pro.

These are pretty much out of my budget at the moment :/

After doing some research on the forums, these ones look pretty popular. Their price is a pretty good value too, considering of buying them. Any opinions? :)

http://www.head-fi.org/products/head-direct-re0-in-ear-headphones

May 6, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #8 of 20
The RE-0 are amazing bang for the buck for the asking price. The problem is that coming from the SF5-Pro chances are good that you will find them lacking bass. You may need some time to adjust to the RE-0 sound.

Once you get pass that it should be alright. I personally enjoy the contrast of my RE-ZERO and Radius DDM alot.
wink_face.gif

May 6, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #10 of 20
According to others, they have very little bass so you might not enjoy them as much. I suggest Monster Turbines from the outlet store or their Pro Gold earphones if you want to wait for them to restock(if they ever restock).

http://www.monstercable.com/outletstore/linelist.asp

Driver flex is that popping noise when you insert/adjust the IEM around in your ear.
Quote:
These are pretty much out of my budget at the moment :/

After doing some research on the forums, these ones look pretty popular. Their price is a pretty good value too, considering of buying them. Any opinions? :)

http://www.head-fi.org/products/head-direct-re0-in-ear-headphones

May 6, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #11 of 20

Quote:
According to others, they have very little bass so you might not enjoy them as much. I suggest Monster Turbines from the outlet store or their Pro Gold earphones if you want to wait for them to restock(if they ever restock).

Driver flex is that popping noise when you insert/adjust the IEM around in your ear.

I didn't know that had a name! Thanks for the info. My TiTAN's used to do that to me before I broke them in.

May 6, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #12 of 20

Quote:

Thank you =)

May 6, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #13 of 20

Quote:

The monster turbines (especially in that price!) look like a pretty good deal. But it seems like the outlet won't ship outside the US and I live in Greece, so it's a NO-GO  Ι guess..
Any other options?

May 6, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #14 of 20
     Quote:
Driver flex... are you talking about losing seal or the sound changing when you turn your head? Sorry to high jack.
frown.gif

lol that is perfectly fine. But driver flex is the initial noise that you get when you first insert your headphones. At first it sounds like you have music playing in the background and you have covered your ears with the palm of your hands. Then you hear a popping sound that readjusts the drivers to the normal flex and you hear the music perfectly. 

My problem was talking about the same thing but it happens (the palm over the ears) everytime I turn my head.

May 6, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #15 of 20
You could always buy it off of the forum. Look into SE215s. I've also heard these got great reviews. Amazon also has the turbines for $106... But you could probably get somebody to buy it from the outlet for you can do a transaction with them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back