So many choices...
Oct 4, 2011 at 4:02 AM Post #61 of 68
Grado is out if you love bass and want to take it outside.
Ultrasone, AT M50, Denon 1100 and the Sony XB series can be had for cheap. Really you have to try them though, or read a ton of reviews and see which one you think you would like best.

Sent from my PC using Tapatalk.

Oct 4, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #62 of 68
Wow... Most of that stuff just went over my head.. Haha. Anyways, back on topic. I just sold my MDR7506s.. If I am to get the 250OHM, how much would I be looking at spending on the amp..? Or can someone talk me into getting the PROs?

Oct 16, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #64 of 68
Hey everybody. I got an offer for a pair of factory refurbished DT 770 Pro 80's for only $90. Should I go with it?? That is wayyyyyyy cheap.. Please respond with input! Thank you everyone.

Oct 18, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #66 of 68

Quote:
Hey everybody. I got an offer for a pair of factory refurbished DT 770 Pro 80's for only $90. Should I go with it?? That is wayyyyyyy cheap.. Please respond with input! Thank you everyone.

Can't lose at that price ~ if they're in good condition and come with at least a 14 day warranty then I'd be good for it.

They're considered a bargain over here 'new' for $249AUD.

Nov 16, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #67 of 68
Ordered me a pair of DT770s, refurbished and arriving here tomorrow:) picked them up for 107.50 USD refurb from BeyerDynamics Sound Surgeon. I am a bit nervous to see what the quality will be but I will post tomorrow with my impression :)

I'm also thinking of a pair of koss portapros for snowboarding. I won't be wearing a helmet. Is that a good choice?

Also! Sansa clip +, sansa fuse, or both?

Nov 17, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #68 of 68
I received the DT770s today. I recommend staying away from Sound Surgeon, BeyerDynamics audio repair store(where I bought the cans). I received my headphones to first be disappointed cosmetically by scratches across the wording on the cups. After about an hour of listening the left earphone went completely dead. I shook it a bit and it started to flicker back to life. But only off and on. I am extremely disappointed expecially since I had to wait about 3 weeks for the opportunity to even get to try the cans on.
So after that dillema I tried to contact sound surgeon. Nothing. So I gave the sales rep. Pete a call over at beyerdynamic. He has got to be the nicest guy I have dealt with in the headphone business. He was very understanding and offered to personally work on my headphones and replace the drivers. I sent them off today and probly won't be listening in the clouds for another week or two.....

Bad experience.. I suggest staying away from sound surgeon. Not only was there product a lemon, they are EXTREMELY difficult to get a hold of. Just my two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back