So, I'm looking for that perfect amp...
Oct 29, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #151 of 930
Don't buy them all you guys, I'm still rocking this:

Maybe around X-mass I'll upgrade?, I don't really see the need right now. 6 years later and this sounds leaps better then the common FOTM's.

Oct 29, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #152 of 930
I certainly am! But if I can find a cheap re272 I might not be able to resist! 

Oh, I've actually seen people using the quickstep with the senn HD650 without any problems. So I think they'll have more than enough power for your cIEMs.

Another suggestion would be the Vsonis VSD1S, they sound absolutely amazing with the DX50! They are only 55.00.

Oct 30, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #156 of 930
That quickstep is expensive, im going to settle for the C&C bh for now, I heard it pairs well with dx50.

My wallet thinks the same, but I agree to disagree. My quest is between the Corda 2Stepdance, the Headstage Arrow (3g or 4t?) and the Leckerton Audio uha-6s-mkii and maybe just maybe when my wallet wins then the C&C 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 30, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #157 of 930
Don't forget the PB2 loads of power and goes toe to toe with the sr71. But it depends what you're driving

Oct 30, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #158 of 930
Don't forget the PB2 loads of power and goes toe to toe with the sr71. But it depends what you're driving

I'm actively working on getting my grubby little hands on a PB2 to put it up against the Quickstep...

Oct 30, 2013 at 4:51 AM Post #161 of 930
That quickstep is expensive, im going to settle for the C&C bh for now, I heard it pairs well with dx50.

It really is expensive. But buying <$150 amps, isn't going to do anything for me. I need an endgame amp, so I know I'm getting something really special. 

The thing is, the HO of the DX50 isn't bad at all. I really did feel that the C5 was only marginally better. It just wasn't worth the added weight and size.

Oct 30, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #162 of 930
  It really is expensive. But buying <$150 amps, isn't going to do anything for me. I need an endgame amp, so I know I'm getting something really special. 

The thing is, the HO of the DX50 isn't bad at all. I really did feel that the C5 was only marginally better. It just wasn't worth the added weight and size.

I wouldn't be so sure of that, C&C BH has earned it's reputation, I have used $250 P&D amps and preferred BH. I have heard Tralucent T1 (which unless is faulty) again BH was my preference. If there's one thing you learn in this hobby as you buy/try/sell, money and price can mean very little in the audio world. I"m not telling you to go out and buy C&C BH, but I can tell you the amp does not sound like it's only worth $100 as I've heard amps costing a lot more and thought they basically couldn't touch it. You can hunt for that special something, but be aware just because you spend more won't necessarily get you that "better sound or synergy" I know two members just of the top of my head, one bought the Vmoda amp which cost around $400, got it home and returned straight away because he preferred BH, the other bought a Leckerton and again preferred the BH amp. Those are some examples and it's written all through the BH review thread with other cases.

Here's another example from just the other day. I don't speak bull dust it doesn't earn me anything, the members/owners speak on the amps behalf.

Quote:
  I just received the BH2 yesterday and am listening to it right now. I cannot believe the performance of this thing, it's astounding! I'm not one to praise stuff either but this little amp is insane. I like this thing more than my The International by ALO Audio and as you all know thats a 600 dollar amp. The build quality is also excellent. 

I have a 7th batch order of the DX50 which ships the 30th and I'm very excited to pair it with this amp, right now I'm pairing it with a Clip+

Oct 30, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #163 of 930
I wouldn't be so sure of that, C&C BH has earned it's reputation, I have used $250 P&D amps and preferred BH. I have heard Tralucent T1 (which unless is faulty) again BH was my preference. If there's one thing you learn in this hobby as you buy/try/sell, money and price can mean very little in the audio world. I"m not telling you to go out and buy C&C BH, but I can tell you the amp does not sound like it's only worth $100 as I've heard amps costing a lot more and thought they basically couldn't touch it. You can hunt for that special something, but be aware just because you spend more won't necessarily get you that "better sound or synergy" I know two members just of the top of my head, one bought the Vmoda amp which cost around $400, got it home and returned straight away because he preferred BH, the other bought a Leckerton and again preferred the BH amp. Those are some examples and it's written all through the BH review thread with other cases.

Here's another example from just the other day. I don't speak bull dust it doesn't earn me anything, the members/owners speak on the amps behalf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskwerl
 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just received the BH2 yesterday and am listening to it right now. I cannot believe the performance of this thing, it's astounding! I'm not one to praise stuff either 
but this little amp is insane. I like this thing more than my The International by ALO Audio and as you all know thats
 a 600 dollar amp. The build quality is also excellent. 

I have a 7th batch order of the DX50 which ships the 30th and I'm very excited to pair it with this amp, right now I'm pairing it with a Clip+
where can you buy the BH amp from in Australia?

Oct 30, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #164 of 930
  You plan on going balanced?

I'd love to compare it to the "Active balanced ground" of the Meier amp, yeah.

I could be perfectly happy with the Quickstep but that nagging "what if..." voice in my head needs to try a couple of different amps to be silenced.

Oct 30, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #165 of 930

Quote:
  I just received the BH2 yesterday and am listening to it right now. I cannot believe the performance of this thing, it's astounding! I'm not one to praise stuff either but this little amp is insane. I like this thing more than my The International by ALO Audio and as you all know thats a 600 dollar amp. The build quality is also excellent. 

Yes, I know price isn't everything. I just don't want to take any risks. Since I'll have to order the CC BH from outside EU, I will have to invest a lot of time and money in this thing. It wouldn't be that cheap for me. If only I could test these things somewhere!
It's obviously not helping that atleast some users found the JDS C5 better than the CC BH. 

The quickstep is on sale, can be bought from my neighbouring country germany, and has a cool feature called balanced ground. Now how can I say no to that! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back