So, I'm considering disowning my son...
May 4, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #121 of 218

Quote:
Dear god kukubuku give it a rest not every thread having to do with beats or monster is just mindless DAWWWW BEATS SUCKS DERRRRRRR, we are having an intelligent discussion about headphones and dis-owing children for there choice in head gear, please go haunt another door way as you seem to do this in every thread that mentions monster, beats, or skull candy in a negative light.

May 5, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #123 of 218
Yes kukubuku I meant it to be types as such. This thread is funny but it is not a bashing thread simply someone disappointed in there child for choosing an inferior product and waisting money.

May 5, 2011 at 2:04 AM Post #124 of 218
Don't worry man. I wore Skullcandies when I was 13 or 14 too. He'll grow out of it eventually... maybe.

I moved up to Tma-1's and when they break, I'm thinking about upgrading to some Shure 840's... maybe some Sennheisers. Not sure what Sennheisers though. Possibly Grado. Who knows. My point is, all I used to care about was how the headphones looked, and now I actually care about the sound. He'll probably come around.

May 5, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #125 of 218

Quote:
Don't worry man. I wore Skullcandies when I was 13 or 14 too. He'll grow out of it eventually... maybe.

I moved up to Tma-1's and when they break, I'm thinking about upgrading to some Shure 840's... maybe some Sennheisers. Not sure what Sennheisers though. Possibly Grado. Who knows. My point is, all I used to care about was how the headphones looked, and now I actually care about the sound. He'll probably come around.

I would like to think that if you're completely shut off from the world of being a head-fi, then you're never going to get there unless you have someone that holds your hand and shows you the greatness of how audio equipment can change you. My brother who has never been much of an audio person keeps his bose with him and he knows that i like better and more expensive. We respect each other's position on sound and i don't try to change him and he doesn't try to change me. Given, I've extensively listened to his bose and the only thing i can say is how awesome the isolation is, but for my personal preference, it doesn't fly by for sound. So my point is that if your son is happy where he is, let him be. I seriously would hate to be the dad paying for new tube amps that your son just dived into. 

May 5, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #126 of 218
Quote:
Yes kukubuku I meant it to be types as such. This thread is funny but it is not a bashing thread simply someone disappointed in there child for choosing an inferior product and waisting money.

His response to my post was meant to be facetious.  And now that I had to explain it, the joke was completely ruined.

May 6, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #128 of 218
Monster is a corporate bully, evil to the core.  They sue family businesses that have the word "Monster" in them, knowing full well that these companies cannot afford legal defense, thus ensuring that they can force them into paying royalties for the use of a name that does not really infringe on trademark at all.  Monster is so notorious for this behavior, that they are the #1 example used in law schools when studying intellectual property abuses. 

Anyone who buys anything from them is part of the problem, and should be ashamed of themselves. 

Quote:
Quote:

Whenever I see Monster-hating posts on here, I have to respectfully disagree.  Though overpriced, Monster still makes good quality products, for the most part.  Some of their cheaper adapters and stuff can fall apart, but their cables and power products are durable.  The one thing that keeps me going back to them, however, is their service.  Most everything I've bought from them has a lifetime warranty, and the few times I've had to send things back (optical cables, power strips), the process was painless and no-questions-asked.

May 6, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #129 of 218

Quote:
Monster is a corporate bully, evil to the core.  They sue family businesses that have the word "Monster" in them, knowing full well that these companies cannot afford legal defense, thus ensuring that they can force them into paying royalties for the use of a name that does not really infringe on trademark at allMonster is so notorious for this behavior, that they are the #1 example used in law schools when studying intellectual property abuses. 

Anyone who buys anything from them is part of the problem, and should be ashamed of themselves. 

oh the things you learn on head.fi....

if that is truth, I feel sorry for the sued companies.  Wonder how the thing with the fanny wangs ended. that was funny to say the least.

May 6, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #130 of 218
http://www.tabberone.com/Trademarks/HallOfShame/MonsterCable/MonsterCable.shtml

http://www.audioholics.com/search?SearchableText=monster+cable

http://monstercable1.com/

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123869022704882969.html

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/legal/mcp/index.htm

the list goes on and on.  the last link is particularly interesting, and worth the read if you have the time.  turns out the owner of blue jeans cable is a former attorney, and his response to them is worth 10,000 laughs - he completely rips them apart

May 6, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #131 of 218
Quote:
Monster is a corporate bully, evil to the core.  They sue family businesses that have the word "Monster" in them, knowing full well that these companies cannot afford legal defense, thus ensuring that they can force them into paying royalties for the use of a name that does not really infringe on trademark at all.  Monster is so notorious for this behavior, that they are the #1 example used in law schools when studying intellectual property abuses. 

I don't base my product purchases on taking the moral high ground.  I base them on quality products and good service.  If Monster's business model is to sue the bejeesus out of everybody in eyeshot, then that's their prerogative.  Everyday Average Joe is just as much to blame for frivolous lawsuits as the corporate machine is.  But I'm not gonna discuss tort reform here, at the risk of derailing the thread.

May 6, 2011 at 12:11 PM Post #132 of 218
Your parents must be so proud

Quote:
I don't base my product purchases on taking the moral high ground.  I base them on quality products and good service.  If Monster's business model is to sue the bejeesus out of everybody in eyeshot, then that's their prerogative. 

May 6, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #133 of 218

Quote:
Quote:

I don't base my product purchases on taking the moral high ground.  I base them on quality products and good service.  If Monster's business model is to sue the bejeesus out of everybody in eyeshot, then that's their prerogative.  Everyday Average Joe is just as much to blame for frivolous lawsuits as the corporate machine is.  But I'm not gonna discuss tort reform here, at the risk of derailing the thread.

Guess who's paying for that kind of behavior, both by corporations and by Everyday Average Joe?  You pay with every purchase you make from them, and everytime you speak out in support of their products and encourage others to do the same. A good part of their markup goes to pay their legal fees, as well as to pay the salaries of those who decide to take those actions. We also pay for E.A. Joe's frivolous BS in taxes and clogged courtrooms and utterly ridiculous insurance rates and legal fees, not to mention in other ways.  If you are aware of the problem, yet choose to ignore it, and instead actually act to support those actions on the part of Corporations, and actually justify it because EA Joe is just as bad, this amounts to nothing less than sticking  your head in the sand.  We have a pretty short time on this planet, and issues like this, as well as much larger ones, are overwhelming in perspective of our microscopic lives.  Seems to me like the very least we can do to help make a better world is to act with some sense of consciousness of how our actions impact the future.  If everyone did as much, even in what small ways they could, it might actually start to be a better place for future generations.  Right now it seems like the whole world  is going straight down the toilet while so many of us feel helpless to do anything at all about it.  The very least you can do is vote with your wallet (and at the polls of course). Acknowledging the problem and then going ahead and supporting the guilty parties in spite of your awareness of it is certainly not something I'd be proud of.

Rant off.  Carry on with your discussion of colorfully ornamented, Transformer™ inspired headphones.  Here are some more to get you back on track:

May 6, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #134 of 218
I thought the old ipod and skullcandy were bad until i noticed the mac computer in the background, then I had a heart attack and fell of my chair lol

LIGHT THE BEACONS of Gondor!!! Save this boy before Sauron gets him

My friend, I feel your pain.  *hugs you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back