So, I'm considering disowning my son...
Apr 27, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #31 of 218
Beat your kids so hard they'll end up buying an Omega2. 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 27, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #32 of 218
Don't beat him too hard... he will never get a job to pay for those Omega2s.

iBuds or the rare use of the MDR CD-180 on my dad, Ink'd on my sister :)mad:), mom doesn't use headphones. I'm the black sheep wearing Grados.

The Hesh are trash, the Ink'd are trash. I haven't heard the Aviators, 50/50, or TiTan yet, but otherwise, every SK I've heard has sounded like trash.

Luckily I've convinced my dad he needs some Meelec M9s.

Apr 27, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #34 of 218
Can I just emotionally crush him into some Phiatons?  Or just torment him towards M50s?  Or undermine his hopes and dreams into some 225s?

He bruises like a peach...

Apr 27, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #36 of 218

Quote:
Beat your kids so hard they'll end up buying an Omega2. 
rolleyes.gif

Who says that doesn't work? I got one right here.

Kids need to learn the hard way. Geniuses can be beat so this may turn out good for him.

Apr 27, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #39 of 218
Quote:
Can I just emotionally crush him into some Phiatons?  Or just torment him towards M50s?  Or undermine his hopes and dreams into some 225s?

He bruises like a peach...

Tell him he should wear them to school.  Then, have one of your friends dressed in all black wearing a black ski mask waiting in the bushes to ambush him when he's on his way home.  Jack his stuff and run.

He'll have no choice but to get a new pair of headphones.  And this time, you'll be waiting.  You'll be ready.  It is your destiny.

Do it.  Nothing bad will happen.

Also, as far as bruising goes, phone book.  Works every time.  Or you could just put him in a burlap sack and beat him with bamboo rods.

Apr 27, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #41 of 218
I blame your terrible parenting + the poor public school system:  it's spelled "McIntosh," not "Macintosh!"  But to be fair to your parenting skills, a lot of kids think Apple products are somehow good - I'm sure he'll grow out of it. 

Quote:
I got home from work today, and I saw an Amazon box and got excited.  It turns out my wife helped my son order these...

No face shown to protect the guilty...

Solo shot...

My best guess is bad parenting is to blame, but I'm not quite sure yet.  BTW, I would have helped him get Shures or Senns...

Apr 27, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #43 of 218

Quote:
Quote:

Tell him he should wear them to school.  Then, have one of your friends dressed in all black wearing a black ski mask waiting in the bushes to ambush him when he's on his way home.  Jack his stuff and run.

He'll have no choice but to get a new pair of headphones.  And this time, you'll be waiting.  You'll be ready.  It is your destiny.

Do it.  Nothing bad will happen.

Also, as far as bruising goes, phone book.  Works every time.  Or you could just put him in a burlap sack and beat him with bamboo rods.

There could be more humane punishments like a cage or something. No bruising from that, but you'll get the message across.

Apr 27, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #44 of 218
This made me laugh, but trust me, whoever paid for these- They're much cheaper than most they stuff we're packing!

Apr 27, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #45 of 218
I blame your terrible parenting + the poor public school system:  it's spelled "McIntosh," not "Macintosh!"  But to be fair to your parenting skills, a lot of kids think Apple products are somehow good - I'm sure he'll grow out of it. 

Yeah, we should talk McIntosh over Macintosh and raise people to appreciate quality over convenience. I'd carry a McIntosh turntable around over my Apple Macintosh iPod if it was an option :)

However... my MacBook Pro is a great machine. I'd much rather have a modable Windows desktop than an iMac, but for laptops where mods are nearly impossible anyway, Mac's got your back (until you need a repair unless you spent a ton on Applecare)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back