So does Dr. Dre even use Beats?
Feb 1, 2011 at 11:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Mushrooshi

100+ Head-Fier
...aside from publicity events? I'd imagine such a great producer wouldn't even use beats for monitoring and such.

Feb 1, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #2 of 26

Quote:
...aside from publicity events? I'd imagine such a great producer wouldn't even use beats for monitoring and such.

Flame war between the rap/hip hop apologists looking for any excuse to be offended and the non-hip hop-listening crowd in 3...2...1....

popcorn.gif

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #3 of 26
Why wouldn't he. Beats are the best.

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #4 of 26
I doubt it. However I see LeBron James, Dwayne Wade as well as Aaron Rodgers all using Beats. I'm sure they are all actually friends with the Dr. but I mean c'mon!!! They have so much money they could be wearing some UE reference monitors or freaking LCD2's etc. I wonder what they uber rich do when looking for a headphone. Do they even care? If i was uber rich I would buy the most expensive of everything. So I would just incedently stumble upon the HE-90..

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #7 of 26

Quote:
I doubt it. However I see LeBron James, Dwayne Wade as well as Aaron Rodgers all using Beats. I'm sure they are all actually friends with the Dr. but I mean c'mon!!! They have so much money they could be wearing some UE reference monitors or freaking LCD2's etc. I wonder what they uber rich do when looking for a headphone. Do they even care? If i was uber rich I would buy the most expensive of everything. So I would just incedently stumble upon the HE-90..

I've seen Carmelo Anthony wearing custom IEM at the pregame arrival once but mostly he just shows up with cheap headphones. So far I've identified Beats, Sony V700, Skullcandy Hesh, and that white Panasonic headphones. Still baffles me to this day.

Feb 2, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #8 of 26
I highly doubt it. With the success he´s had (and his albums, in particular The Chronic etc are one of the best engineered hip hop albums) I´m sure he knows "a thing or two" about producing music correctly. I don´t believe there´s any chance he touches the Beats in his own home studio.

Mar 14, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #10 of 26

Quote:
I highly doubt it. With the success he´s had (and his albums, in particular The Chronic etc are one of the best engineered hip hop albums) I´m sure he knows "a thing or two" about producing music correctly. I don´t believe there´s any chance he touches the Beats in his own home studio.

There's no reason why he should though, they are by no means reference headphones with their immense bass and overall muddy sound. You would think Beats would be more natural and flat sounding because they state that "people are going to hear the music the way the artist does" but that definitely is not the case.

Mar 15, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #14 of 26

Quote:

Looks like Sony MDR V6.
Edit: To be fair, though, maybe that photo was taken before Beats were produced?

If you google reverse image search that image, there are records of it before 2008 (when the beats were introduced), meaning it was taken before beats came out.

However, the image of him using the Audio Technica M50's in the studio has no record before 2008, meaning that picture was most likely taken after the beats were introduced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back