Sneak peek of Audio-Technica AT-HA5050H (pre-production unit)
Mar 24, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #46 of 95
I only got to try a few headphones with it.  It was busy at the show and other people wanted to try it also.  I tried only with a pre production ATH-R70x and 3000anv.  Both sounded good.  I love how it had so many impedence ports and the VU meters.  Very solidly built.  At 6k, I don't think I'll be able to get one though.  Hopefully that pricing is wrong and its somewhere more affordable.

Mar 24, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #47 of 95
I got to try this beauty over the weekend at a show in taiwan. It sounded really nice. The rep said it will be out later half of this year.

what an awesome pure beauty
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 24, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #48 of 95
  I only got to try a few headphones with it.  It was busy at the show and other people wanted to try it also.  I tried only with a pre production ATH-R70x and 3000anv.  Both sounded good.  I love how it had so many impedence ports and the VU meters.  Very solidly built.  At 6k, I don't think I'll be able to get one though.  Hopefully that pricing is wrong and its somewhere more affordable.

That's right! 6k is too steep. Let's see.

Apr 7, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #49 of 95
WOW.... it looks incredible. USB, ASIO, DSD, sound quality, good design, it has everything!
how much is this unit and where can I buy it? Can I buy it here in the states?
6k? that's insane... that's way beyond other competitor's units.

Apr 8, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #50 of 95
  WOW.... it looks incredible. USB, ASIO, DSD, sound quality, good design, it has everything!
how much is this unit and where can I buy it? Can I buy it here in the states?
6k? that's insane... that's way beyond other competitor's units.

It hasn't been launched yet. Not yet in production. Probably around $6k. Yea, I think $6k is too steep. Hopefully they will revise the pricing. And I have no idea of the US availability.

Apr 8, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #51 of 95

It hasn't been launched yet. Not yet in production. Probably around $6k. Yea, I think $6k is too steep. Hopefully they will revise the pricing. And I have no idea of the US availability.

I think 6k is just crazy. I will never afford that in my life unless I become a C.E.O.
It should be 1k maximum, seriously. Who spends 6k for just a DAC?
iFi Audio's iDSD Pro will be priced at 1.5k.

The funny thing is people who produce music sometimes use cheaper gears than 6k.

Jul 5, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #59 of 95
I did get my AT-HA5050H about three weeks ago (at a "bargain" price) and use it with my Pioneer SE-Master 1 headphones (source: Macbook Pro and Audirvana; all music AIFF files).

Before I used the Pioneer U-05 dac and amp.

Big improvement in every aspect compared to the U-05.

I also replaced the stock power cable with a power cable by Schnerzinger, what improved the sound again. And I use a high end usb cable (what also makes a difference).

Did not compare it to any other headphone amp, but to me and for my taste (I'm into High End for 30 years now) it sounds as good as it gets!

Great headphones meet a great headphone dac/amp - to me a perfect match.

I know I'm listening to the music using headphones and it's all around my head and not on a stage further away. But it doesn't feel like that. There is just the music around me and this is great fun und very enjoyable. Didn't think this is possible when using headphones.

If you have the chance, give this headphone dac/amp a try!!!

Jul 5, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #60 of 95
  I did get my AT-HA5050H about three weeks ago (at a "bargain" price) and use it with my Pioneer SE-Master 1 headphones (source: Macbook Pro and Audirvana; all music AIFF files).

Before I used the Pioneer U-05 dac and amp.

Big improvement in every aspect compared to the U-05.

I also replaced the stock power cable with a power cable by Schnerzinger, what improved the sound again. And I use a high end usb cable (what also makes a difference).

Did not compare it to any other headphone amp, but to me and for my taste (I'm into High End for 30 years now) it sounds as good as it gets!

Great headphones meet a great headphone dac/amp - to me a perfect match.

I know I'm listening to the music using headphones and it's all around my head and not on a stage further away. But it doesn't feel like that. There is just the music around me and this is great fun und very enjoyable. Didn't think this is possible when using headphones.

If you have the chance, give this headphone dac/amp a try!!!

IMO it's just a shame it has no outputs from the DAC to hook up other amplifiers.
Did anyone hear this Amp/DAC that also owns or has heard a Zana?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back