Smyth Research Realiser A16
Jul 8, 2020 at 3:52 AM Post #9,376 of 15,986
Can anyone let me know what are the first basic tests I need to do on a new realiser A16 to see if all is good, Setup will take days for me to get to.
Really not a bad idea at all. What should someone who receives a new Realiser do to verify that everything or most everything is in working order. If anyone who has extensive experience has an idea, it would make a very good post.

Jul 8, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #9,379 of 15,986
the realizer a16 / 24/32 has arrived at home now .. we are celebrating his return :)

Lucky you ! Congratulations ! Enjoy and please let us know about your experience with this upgraded unit... I'm interested to know if you feel a big difference between a 9.1.6 room and a 15.1.8 one (or whatever 24-channel room configuration that is loaded in the unit)

Jul 8, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #9,380 of 15,986
An interesting find , my realiser has a firmware version from June 15 2020 , 1.95 .

I would imagine that it’s probably the firmware that enables eARC on the units with the upgraded hardware. 1.91 hadn’t enabled that yet and it was on their list as the next thing they needed to do.

Jul 8, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #9,381 of 15,986
I understood it that the pickup should not be scheduled before the 8th, which is what I have done. So I created the label today and scheduled a pickup for tomorrow.
I never got as far as filling out the page(s) on International shipping and now I wonder if I should even bother based on Dixter’s post. @CaptainFunk, are you in the US and, if so, were you successful in filling out the International Shipping portion? Thanks in advance.

Jul 8, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #9,383 of 15,986
I called my local UPS office today and she told me I couldn't create a shipping label for an " international " shipment... so I called the main hub and she told me the same thing... I guess I'm not asking the question correctly... I wrote James and he said that kinda makes sense as its international... he can ship it and he has a commercial account... will pay him back via paypal...
i received my e-mail today letting me know my A16 is ready to ship back. Thanks to Dixter's research, I was able to ask James if they could ship it back to me via their commercial account and I immediately reimburse.....and he said that was fine....

Jul 8, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #9,384 of 15,986
i received my e-mail today letting me know my A16 is ready to ship back. Thanks to Dixter's research, I was able to ask James if they could ship it back to me via their commercial account and I immediately reimburse.....and he said that was fine....

Same here. I asked him to invoice me via PayPal and he said he would tomorrow and reconfirmed my shipping address.

Jul 8, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #9,386 of 15,986
So, your unit is ready too eventually ? Great !

Yup. Got an email from James this morning about it. It was the same one that others here had mentioned. I assume at this point by the time I get invoices and pay for shipping tomorrow and with the weekend coming up that it will get back to me sometime next week.

Jul 8, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #9,390 of 15,986
I was able to get the app downloaded the the GUI that the Smyths put together loaded perfectly fine using the QR code in the documentation. Unfortunately my A16 is still in the UK being upgraded so I can’t test it to see if it actually works.
Where can one find this QR code?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back