Smyth Research Realiser A16
Nov 22, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #10,816 of 15,987
There is an error with rooms 13.0.6 and 13.1.6... both have duplicate Ltm and Rtm channels

20201122_171844.jpg

Also... In 24ch mode... The 18ch is duplicated in all listening rooms... 19ch is missing.

20201122_165832.jpg
@audiohobbit: Maybe you can report these issues to Stephen Smyth?

Nov 22, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #10,818 of 15,987
There are only 16 channels available in 24ch mode for both DTS and PCM
That would be correct as there is no way to input more than 16 channels PCM at the moment, and DTS is not even implemented yet (and isn't expected to do more than 7.1.4 channels anyway, as far as I know).
(It would be nice if for example 16 channels via USB plus 16 channels via the analog inputs could be used for 32 channel operation, but that is a different matter.)

Nov 22, 2020 at 10:30 PM Post #10,820 of 15,987
Having spent a lot of time figuring things out with the Realiser and getting it properly set up, I'm now very happy with the results that I get from it.
However I was reading the release notes to check what some functions do and I see that firmware 1.98 apparently enabled the USB line-out port on the front of the device.

Can anyone confirm this? Do wireless headsets work with the Realiser now?
I'd be very interested in adding an Audeze Penrose X for low-latency wireless gaming using the Realiser's processing (well low-ish latency, since the Realiser's game mode has not yet been implemented).

I'm really starting to regret not being early on the Kickstarter and being able to buy a second unit now…

Nov 23, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #10,824 of 15,987
Nov 24, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #10,825 of 15,987
I’ve read the review published at http://www.dvdcritiques.com/Actus/4482

By using google translate: Smyth Realiser A16 test: your home cinema room modelled identically for listening through headphones

As part of the Decoding (s) subdivision of the review, I’ve noticed the following phrases: “Auro-3D will soon be released in 9.1 for those who appreciate this format. A software update to the DTS: X Pro is also announced for 2021.”

In my understanding that means Auro-3d decoder might be available earlier than DTS:X on the Realiser A16. Our French speaking colleagues here might want to check that information with Bruno Orrù (the author of the review) or better with Gilles Gerin.

Nov 24, 2020 at 5:41 AM Post #10,826 of 15,987

By using google translate: Smyth Realiser A16 test: your home cinema room modelled identically for listening through headphones

As part of the Decoding (s) subdivision of the review, I’ve noticed the following phrases: “Auro-3D will soon be released in 9.1 for those who appreciate this format. A software update to the DTS: X Pro is also announced for 2021.”

In my understanding that means Auro-3d decoder might be available earlier than DTS:X on the Realiser A16. Our French speaking colleagues here might want to check that information with Bruno Orrù (the author of the review) or better with Gilles Gerin.
DTS-X pro( with more than 11 channels )will be after Auro-3D and DTS-X

Nov 24, 2020 at 6:00 AM Post #10,827 of 15,987

- I just asked Gilles about Auro 3D.
- about an earlier question regarding the headphones AV-1 now supplied by Gilles if requested (but only with a Realiser A16) : it looks very much like a SVIGA SV007 ; not 100% sure though.
- and a new review in French : https://mediakwest.com/auditorium-dolby-atmos-mixer-film-musique-teletravail/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back