Smyth Research Realiser A16
Aug 26, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #9,991 of 16,008
FYI, I just received notice that my UK customs claim repayment just arrived in my TransferWise account. I will next be transferring the full amount of money in my TransferWise account to my US bank account. For the record, I received notice of my repayment claim approval exactly 7 days ago.
glad to see someone have a success story out of all of that.....congrats :)

Aug 26, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #9,992 of 16,008
FYI, I just received notice that my UK customs claim repayment just arrived in my TransferWise account. I will next be transferring the full amount of money in my TransferWise account to my US bank account. For the record, I received notice of my repayment claim approval exactly 7 days ago.

Good deal. Glad it all worked out. I still haven’t heard anything from them besides wanting my banking (TransferWise) details almost a month ago. Follow up emails have gone unanswered as well.

Aug 26, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #9,994 of 16,008
A bit like Hugo (HCFR) did with the help of Gilles (French dealer) in a "tuition" Trinnov room (17.4.12). He now has a 9.1.6 PRIR slightly better than our PRIR...:sunglasses: :
https://www.homecinema-fr.com/video...pture-prir-9-1-6-en-contexte-trinnov-17-4-12/

I wonder if this PRIR is going to be on the Realiser Exchange !
Thanks @You Gene for sharing this.... this represents exactly what the A16 is all about.... it sound pretty darn good there at the end playing back the ATMOS Demo disk... @hugo I'm a bit jealous of you... :)

Aug 26, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #9,995 of 16,008
A bit like Hugo (HCFR) did with the help of Gilles (French dealer) in a "tuition" Trinnov room (17.4.12). He now has a 9.1.6 PRIR slightly better than our PRIR...:sunglasses: :
https://www.homecinema-fr.com/video...pture-prir-9-1-6-en-contexte-trinnov-17-4-12/

I wonder if this PRIR is going to be on the Realiser Exchange !
You Gene, do you think that Hugo will be able to kindly share his PRIR with the A16 community via Rene google drive for instance or is it "copyrighted"..?
Hopefully, The main purpose of the Realiser exchange will be to offer service like matching our individual HTFR with these PRIR to have the best result..thing that we are trying to do by using the Manloud EQ only atm..

Aug 27, 2020 at 3:14 AM Post #9,996 of 16,008
Does someone use the Realiser on a PC via USB and has these problems since the last update?
On Picture 1 and 2 the Realiser is On.
On Picture 3 and 4 the Realiser is Off.
Look at the 1st CPU core. He is busy with "system interruption"

I reported the problem to Stehphen but received no response.

regards

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.png
    2.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.png
    3.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.png
    4.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 27, 2020 at 3:48 AM Post #9,997 of 16,008
You Gene, do you think that Hugo will be able to kindly share his PRIR with the A16 community via Rene google drive for instance or is it "copyrighted"..?
Hopefully, The main purpose of the Realiser exchange will be to offer service like matching our individual HTFR with these PRIR to have the best result..thing that we are trying to do by using the Manloud EQ only atm..
I would very much like to say yes in answer to your question regarding the sharing of Hugo's PRIR at one of Trinnov's rooms.
I noticed that not a single person asked about the availability of this PRIR on HCFR. Hugo never even hinted at that possibilty on HCFR forum either. And Gilles (French dealer) who helped with the measurements never mentioned it, be it on his facebook page or on his web site.
So yes I also believe that (c) are involved with Trinnov.

Edit : the PRIR is also not mentioned on Gilles mini homemade "Realiser Exchange"
http://www.smyth-realiser.fr/?t=fichiers_salle

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #9,998 of 16,008
In the past few years I found that Gilles populated the mini homemade " Realiser Exchange " with PRIR files from " his customers " and at one time ( maybe still does ) charged I think around $150 for access to " his customers " for the access of those files... I know this simply because I wrote him asking how to get on the list so I could have access to the files... you give him your serial number of your A8/A16 and he determines if he sold you either the A8/A16 and you are in if you are one of his customers and you are out if you didn't purchase from him...... thats the French Exchange..... ( I don't have access )
On the other exchange(s).... When the A8 was released then several owners of the A8 shared their files via the Free Realiser Exchange by Rene and the other contributors.. and my understanding is Darin Fong of Out Of Your Head virtual surround used an A8 for his files and used some of the exchange files too for his OOYH service... and might have caused a few hard feelings ( ??? )
The original A8 exchange was moved over to the existing A8/A16 file sharing site that is available today...( thank you guys )
Having both and A8 and an A16 I used my A8 and converted all of the existing A8 files over to the A16 format and uploaded them to the " Free Exchange " that Rene set up for everyone to use/share... including the French owners.. :)

BTW - There are some really nice files there for everyone to use... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MWWb8KELPBbAC5WSHf82UXeV73v1O84W

Edit: Should also mention that the Smyths own A16 Exchange site will become more accessible in the future... from my understanding you will be able to share for free or charge...

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #9,999 of 16,008
In the past few years I found that Gilles populated the mini homemade " Realiser Exchange " with PRIR files from " his customers " and at one time ( maybe still does ) charged I think around $150 for access to " his customers " for the access of those files... I know this simply because I wrote him asking how to get on the list so I could have access to the files... you give him your serial number of your A8/A16 and he determines if he sold you either the A8/A16 and you are in if you are one of his customers and you are out if you didn't purchase from him...... thats the French Exchange..... ( I don't have access )
On the other exchange(s).... When the A8 was released then several owners of the A8 shared their files via the Free Realiser Exchange by Rene and the other contributors.. and my understanding is Darin Fong of Out Of Your Head virtual surround used an A8 for his files and used some of the exchange files too for his OOYH service... and might have caused a few hard feelings ( ??? )
The original A8 exchange was moved over to the existing A8/A16 file sharing site that is available today...( thank you guys )
Having both and A8 and an A16 I used my A8 and converted all of the existing A8 files over to the A16 format and uploaded them to the " Free Exchange " that Rene set up for everyone to use/share... including the French owners.. :)

BTW - There are some really nice files there for everyone to use... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MWWb8KELPBbAC5WSHf82UXeV73v1O84W

Edit: Should also mention that the Smyths own A16 Exchange site will become more accessible in the future... from my understanding you will be able to share for free or charge...
“more accessible” than totally inaccessible LOL?!

Aug 28, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #10,001 of 16,008
I hope we’ll have more topics to debate until at least the 100,000th post.

For this week, Smyth Research have estimated to ship A16 units to KickStarter backers #265-266. I look forward to seeing if Smyth Research releases a new update on shipping status. My backer number is 267 and the waiting for my A16 might come closer to an end.

Aug 28, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #10,003 of 16,008
Just a reminder that, although there are 330 KS backers, the numbers are not all consecutive and go up to about 375(I’m sure that someone will correct or confirm that number on this thread). Only SR knows how many more units there are to ship before they move on to the pre-orders.

Aug 28, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #10,004 of 16,008
I’ve recently bought two Athletic BOX-4 speaker stands to be adapted for PRIR measurements.

http://athletic.eu/en/produkt/speaker-stand-nbox-4al-2/

As these items are designed for PA speakers, I’ll have to think to some custom-made adapters that can be mounted on top of the stands, preferably in tilted positions. My speakers are KEF R3 and each one has four threaded holes drilled in the base. The challenge would be attaching the speakers (13.5 kg each) to the tilted adapters with bolts and these structures must remain fixed and not fall in.

I’ve discussed briefly with a mechanical fitter about those custom-made adapters. After his thoroughly assessment, I hope the design might be manufacturable.

Aug 28, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #10,005 of 16,008

Users who are viewing this thread

Back