1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Smyth Research Realiser A16

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by jgazal, May 7, 2016.
First

Back
452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461
463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472
Next

Last
  1. sander99
    You can copy them to SD card, and from there to your pc.
    Edit: oh no, sorry I was confused with PRIRs, rooms are another matter (I think)...

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  2. Dixter
  3. sander99
    Are there 3 x 6 sweeps on there or not?

4. Dixter
    no... its 3x5.... look center, look left and look right... with each sweeping L then R then C then L then R..

5. bcwang
    yeah, so I don’t know how to save a room, thus am hesitant about doing a factory reset unless the behavior is confirmed.

6. Juy777
    i think one of the last FW updates does some sort of reset by default. I also actively used that feature and presets 1-4 get reverted to factory state, it works as intended

7. SobiC
    This is confusing. It's 3x L R C Sub SL SR, you can even see this in the dropbox preview window.
    I have an Oppo too, streaming from my Synology NAS works fine, I'll try playing on the USB port later...

Edit: USB works too (Oppo 203), I have no clue what's happening...can somebody else please try to play one of the files on their system?

8. Dixter
    I just re-ran the sweeps and look better notes this time... this is what the files sweep...

Look Center
    L
    R
    C
    L
    R
    Look Left
    L
    R
    C
    L
    R
    Look Right
    L
    R
    C
    L
    R

9. SobiC
    This looks very suspicious. Can you hear the announcements on all speakers?

10. sander99
    I can not manage to play the file except downmixed to stereo. But it seems to contain 3 x 6 sweeps allright, except I could not hear the sub sweep, but a pause instead (maybe the lower part of the sub sweep was there but I couldn't hear it).
    @Dixter: are you sure that is not what's happening in your case (for whatever reason): downmix to stereo? And maybe dolby prologic being applied afterwards? The latter could explain that you do get a sweep in the center, but the rear L and R sweeps are going to L and R front (I assume you mean fronts with L and R).

If @SobiC can hear the 3 x 6 sweeps correctly then I assume the file is ok but it is just a matter of how to play it back correctly.
    (I have never had 5.1 channel flac or wav files before, I have to figure out first how to play them.)

11. SobiC
    Thanks! The LFE signal is 10dB below the other channels (-5.5dBFS - this is what the Realiser gave me at full volume)
    I've converted the WAV to MP4 (HE-AAC), maybe this is more pleasing
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4jr8886tm7tr8vi/SMYTH Realiser - 5.1 Longsweep 30deg.mp4?dl=0

12. Dixter
    I have a feeling its on my equipment that is causing the issue... got too many people in the house now wanting to watch shows... so I can't get to it right now... will let you all know how it goes... thanks for the files and the help here...

13. sitting listener
    Hi Everyone,

I am new to head-fi, but have been monitoring this thread for awhile and have a question. I finished initial set up of my realiser last night, using the Atmos mix of Godzilla: King of Monsters as a test case. I noticed something curious. After I got the volume to an acceptable level (90 with volume limit turned off) I noticed my volume would fluctuate seemingly for every scene, going from 90 to 86 to 82 to 84. Am I missing something? Does not happen with PCM audio.

14. phoenixdogfan
    Try using JRiver.

15. Eich1eeF
    I've just tried playing back the flac on my Cambridge CXUHD, which is essentially a re-branded Oppo 203. I'm playing back the file from a USB hard drive using the Oppo media control app, and I'm getting sound on all speakers, including the surrounds. For me, that's even the re-encoded Dolby or DTS (can't remember which) sound via coax, so it most certainly should work on HDMI.

First

Back
452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461
463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472
Next

Last