Smoking at a young age
Aug 30, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #62 of 116
Didn't realize it was this old, clicked on it through my profile. But smokin a couple ciggs after a long tiring day or after a nice meal is always relaxing imo. As long as you don't go overboard it's not bad.

Aug 30, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #63 of 116
Quote:
Didn't realize it was this old, clicked on it through my profile. But smokin a couple ciggs after a long tiring day or after a nice meal is always relaxing imo. As long as you don't go overboard it's not bad.

No, it's always bad, it just won't always kill you.

Aug 30, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #67 of 116

Quote:
I guess you are right it increases heart disease too.

You can still stop smoking. 
many have successfully kicked the habit

Aug 31, 2011 at 5:09 AM Post #68 of 116

Quote:
I guess you are right it increases heart disease too.

Smoking can contribute to so many health problems, the list is almost unending..

In my case it seriously contributed to digestive system problems, had to stop. And guess what, it's great not having to smoke, not feeling the urge. Craving for cigs from day to day in various situations when you can't always smoke is more a pain in the ass then something I actually enjoyed.
I enjoy music, good food, a good single malt whisky, but smoking was just obsessive behaviour for me, in 85% of the cases.

Aug 31, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #69 of 116
I quit last year after a tough loss, enjoyed my last ones in April and haven't touched one since. Though I'm young, I started young and still crave one just about each day.

Note: The loss isn't related to smoking or anything.

Sep 1, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #71 of 116

Quote:
+ the stinks gets into the headphones.

I gave a sony V6 to my father and now whenever I go visit him If I happen to see it and use itm it stinks, seriously bad.

Agree. And its hard to get rid of it, maybe changing pads/headband. 

Oct 31, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #72 of 116
That is un-believeable, I have never seen anything like that before! 

I thought I was bad starting at 16 years old with a 5 a day habit... still going at 34 and trying to quit.. this kid has no chance

My question would be how the hell does this kid fund the habit...? here in the UK, a 40 a day habit would be £14 - a £5k a year habit!

Oct 31, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #73 of 116
The guy (sptsnaz) proves that smoking is an IQ test. Your lungs may recover, but the DNA damage is far more insidious and leads to countless cancers Worldwide. 

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20927963.400-smoking-puts-dna-at-risk-in-15-minutes.html

Oct 31, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #75 of 116
I don't smoke and never will, though seeing a huge number of high school students do it anyways is disheartening. Someone said this in some other odd thread; they weren't surprised that you see so many teens that smoke, do drugs, drink alcohol(I'll admit, I drank alcohol only once but that's a story for another time), and have or want Beats.

A couple years back, we had this odd T-Shirt, that had the number 1200 printed on it. Why? It represented the supposed 1,200 of 2,000 that didn't do drugs, smoke, or drink alcohol(most of us probably lied). This was fine though. It didn't get a bad reputation until someone in the other "800" decided to draw up another shirt that represented those under the influences. Take it with a grain of salt...This sure ticked off the administration. It strikes me as pretty surprising that they would even have the guts to do something like that.

At any rate , it ruins the school image in my opinion, with the huge number of smokers and such right outside across the street. It seems that a few know that it's really bad though; I know one of them and they told me to never go even near cigarettes. "They'll kill you". Honestly though, it doesn't help that sometimes you have smokers(not students) that are brazen enough to walk within school grounds with cigarettes out, which leaves us to inhale secondhand smoke. World's a messed up place, isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back