Smoking at a young age
May 28, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #19 of 116

Quote:
Whiny non-smokers?
So people have to enjoy pollution that causes cancer, or put up with asthma attacks just to kiss some smokers butt so they can freely pollute?

Where this might be true, I do remember a lot of times I would see a group of people and walk considerably far from them and smoke downwind to not bother other people, but these people would go out of their way--literally walk the 5 minutes--just to tell me I was polluting their air.  Not that I don't think I'm not, but when I try to go out of people's way they seem to go out of their way to harass me.  But that was back in Berkeley.  I notice these same people didn't mind that they polluted the air just the same when smoking pot.

I smoked for a while, quit, went back on the horse, quit and then finally am back to smoking again.  I plan to officially get off it later this year at least to help with my fiancee who has successfully been off for 2 months now, but as I do smoke, people get down right holier-than-thou over it.

It's putting smoke in your body, obviously it's not good for you, but it's strange how a considerable amount of the same people that whine about cigarette smoke enjoy the trendier things like hookahs and pot.

Just my 2 cents and rantings and ravings.

Now excuse me, baby needs to suck ash
wink_face.gif

May 28, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #20 of 116
I read this the other day when you posted it, followed by a disturbing video I found while hoping this was nothing but a hoax... anyway that following night I had a dream about this kid; I was a driving a boat down the street and the kid was smoking away in the passenger seat. Distracted by the smoke I looked over and he blew smoke into my face so I grabbed the cigarette out of his hand and threw it into the bushes. He freaked out and started slamming his head into the back of the seat and bouncing around before he scarpered up a tree and returned as my cat...

May 28, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #22 of 116

Quote:
Smoking 40 a DAY at the age of 2?

So uh, how long will he live?

Funnily enough I got a free exemplar of "Quest Braintainment" at Uni the other day. It has an article about the effects of smoking. It says: "On average non-smokers live 7 years longer than smokers.Were you to smoke 10 a day you lose 4 years. Smoke more than 30 a day? You lose almost 9 years." Also: "Smokers not only die sooner but they are also more often ill. Count it all up and smokers are ill for 6 more years than non-smokers."

May 28, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #24 of 116

Would you like some cheese with that? 
wink_face.gif

Quote:
Whiny non-smokers?
So people have to enjoy pollution that causes cancer, or put up with asthma attacks just to kiss some smokers butt so they can freely pollute?

I started smoking when i was in 7th grade and quit when i was age 20.
Chemo due to lung cancer will do that to you.
People have every right to "whine".    Not to mention how terrible it smells to a non-smoker whos nose still works and can smell how nasty it is.
Also i wouldnt want the tar in my electronics or stanking out my hair and clothing and paperwork etc.
 I smoked anything and everything when i was young, and im glad i quit.

The cancer wasnt caused by the smoking this time, but it can cause it, and it can cause many other problems.

I suppose you wouldnt mind everyone in the office farting either? 

May 28, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #25 of 116
If the kid continues the way he's going I'd be surprised he saw his 10th birthday!  Though my grandfather said he started smoking at the age of 6  and only quit at about age 67 or 68.  He lived to be 75.  Though only by pulling an oxygen tank around with him for the last few years.  I guess you never know.

May 28, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #27 of 116

Quote:
Tobacco states start their kids smoking and chewing as a way of life.

Back in Vietnam, smoking is a standard for men. I don't think i met one guy who didn't smoke when i came back to visit. It's quite sad, there's no legal age, for Tobacco or Alcohol, it's basically once you hit your teens, then you are obligated to do one of the two or both to prove your "manhood." Regardless thou, it's a beautiful country.

May 28, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #28 of 116

Quote:
Post count +8,754 

Diabetes Unlocked!

Im diabetic also. Fun fun! 
wink_face.gif

Quote:
Where this might be true, I do remember a lot of times I would see a group of people and walk considerably far from them and smoke downwind to not bother other people, but these people would go out of their way--literally walk the 5 minutes--just to tell me I was polluting their air.  Not that I don't think I'm not, but when I try to go out of people's way they seem to go out of their way to harass me.  But that was back in Berkeley.  I notice these same people didn't mind that they polluted the air just the same when smoking pot.

I smoked for a while, quit, went back on the horse, quit and then finally am back to smoking again.  I plan to officially get off it later this year at least to help with my fiancee who has successfully been off for 2 months now, but as I do smoke, people get down right holier-than-thou over it.

It's putting smoke in your body, obviously it's not good for you, but it's strange how a considerable amount of the same people that whine about cigarette smoke enjoy the trendier things like hookahs and pot.

Just my 2 cents and rantings and ravings.

Now excuse me, baby needs to suck ash
wink_face.gif

I wouldnt complain about people smoking outside. I just wouldnt want it in my office where im obligated to be, and cant just leave if i wanted to. 
Outside it blows away and doesnt fill a room.  Ive left friends houses because of a rediculous amount of smoke before.

Quote:
Would you like some cheese with that? 
wink_face.gif

Would you like to lick an ashtray? 
wink_face.gif

ksc75smile.gif

Quote:
Back in Vietnam, smoking is a standard for men. I don't think i met one guy who didn't smoke when i came back to visit. It's quite sad, there's no legal age, for Tobacco or Alcohol, it's basically once you hit your teens, then you are obligated to do one of the two or both to prove your "manhood." Regardless thou, it's a beautiful country.

They just dont know that a bowl of Wheaties is what makes you a man!!! 
cool.gif

May 28, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #29 of 116

Quote:
Im diabetic also. Fun fun! 
wink_face.gif

I wouldnt complain about people smoking outside. I just wouldnt want it in my office where im obligated to be, and cant just leave if i wanted to. 
Outside it blows away and doesnt fill a room.  Ive left friends houses because of a rediculous amount of smoke before.

Would you like to lick an ashtray? 
wink_face.gif

ksc75smile.gif

They just dont know that a bowl of Wheaties is what makes you a man!!! 
cool.gif

I refuse to eat Wheaties now because of the over advertising of Peyton Manning. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back