SJY Audio Starry Night Planar Magnetic Headphone
Sep 20, 2023 at 7:50 PM Post #241 of 434
The sparkos Aries should be able to power Moonlight. Not all watts are created equal, but that unit seems fairly robust. Which headphones do you normally use it with?
I have all easy to drive planars-he1000 stealths, sendy peacocks and Jm audio xtc 2.5s. And thanks-this will be my first more difficult hp to drive. Also interested in modhouse tungsten which apparently runs best off a fosi audio 300w speaker amp haha!!! Check out Z reviews with him and the creator.

Sep 20, 2023 at 8:49 PM Post #242 of 434
I have all easy to drive planars-he1000 stealths, sendy peacocks and Jm audio xtc 2.5s. And thanks-this will be my first more difficult hp to drive. Also interested in modhouse tungsten which apparently runs best off a fosi audio 300w speaker amp haha!!! Check out Z reviews with him and the creator.
I have, and I have also powered my moonlight with 2x Gjallarhorn 30 watts speaker amps. 😉

Sep 21, 2023 at 12:45 AM Post #244 of 434
The Zeos hype is real.
Interesting!
I'm waiting for his higher end stuff (for now i'm very happy with the Starry Night), especially the closed back version (if he'll make one) which will be a nice contender to the closed back Caldera in 1-2 years.
Someone should send a Moonlight to Resolve / The Headphoneshow :)

Sep 21, 2023 at 5:29 AM Post #245 of 434
The Zeos hype is real.
Interesting!
I'm waiting for his higher end stuff (for now i'm very happy with the Starry Night), especially the closed back version (if he'll make one) which will be a nice contender to the closed back Caldera in 1-2 years.
Someone should send a Moonlight to Resolve / The Headphoneshow :)
If I remember correctly he stated that he was open to the idea of another closed back, but that it was not one of his current projects. I am really interested in his next headphone since Moonlight has already had me staring at my Arya Stealth thinking "is it worth keeping you"?! We shall see how much it costs, and if I have the funds at the time. 😂

Sep 21, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #246 of 434
The Tungsten will also make waves, and the Heddphone 2 seems also very great (allthough it seems somewhat lacking in dynamics). It's very cool to see that small manufacturers making competitive products.

Sep 21, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #247 of 434
The Tungsten will also make waves, and the Heddphone 2 seems also very great (allthough it seems somewhat lacking in dynamics). It's very cool to see that small manufacturers making competitive products.
The only issue with the Tungsten is that the vast majority of amps will struggle to drive them properly. Moonlight needs power, but the Tungsten is on a whole other level.

Sep 21, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #248 of 434
The only issue with the Tungsten is that the vast majority of amps will struggle to drive them properly. Moonlight needs power, but the Tungsten is on a whole other level.
Yes a fosi 300w speaker amp apparently!!!! 😂😂😂

Sep 21, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #249 of 434
Another Moonlight owner also noticed the difference your audio chain makes with the presentation you get from the Moonlight. I also noticed this as well switching back and forth between my amps. https://forum.hifiguides.com/t/sjy-moonlight/39120/44
The only thing that I would add is that the genre of music will also play a part in which amp/dac sounds best to you. Some tracks sound better with my mono blocks while others are way better on my Soloist 3XP.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #252 of 434
Unexpected Moonlight Review by DMS:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back