Singxer SU-1 Owners
Apr 26, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #541 of 869
...There are a total of 5 voltage regulators on the main board, the remaining four not replaced, two are on input side, their output is 3.3V and 1.0V taking the 5V input from USB input and supply power to all of the chips including XMOS and the 24MHz oscillator. Please note, the 1.0V regulator is a switch mode regulator, which by replacing it with a linear regulator, will help remove a source for generating high frequency noise. The remaining two are 3.3V regulators on the output side taking 5V input from stock power supply and supply power to both Crystek CCHD-575 22.5792MHz and 24.576MHz oscillators.

Cool! Thanks for the info, I won't be making those mods myself, but will check with Kitsune to see if they will offer some or all of these.

Apr 26, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #542 of 869
Also, are the VRs all surface mount and can they be fitted without taking the board out?
You’ve suddenly got me thinking about going the extra mile on my SU-1 !

Correct, the remaining 4 VRs are all surface mount regulators. They can be done without taking the board out but will be less challenging if done with board removed.

Apr 26, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #543 of 869
Cool! Thanks for the info, I won't be making those mods myself, but will check with Kitsune to see if they will offer some or all of these.

That sounds good. They are not difficult mods to make IF you want to do it yourself, but certainly will need to consider warranty side of things. In case you do want to take it on yourself, I can assist in connection questions if you need them.

Apr 26, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #544 of 869
The remaining two are 3.3V regulators on the output side taking 5V input from stock power supply and supply power to both Crystek CCHD-575 22.5792MHz and 24.576MHz oscillators.
It is waste of time to replace them without changing both clocks. I've been there...

The biggest improvement is to cut the power from USB and put new 5V regulator.

Apr 26, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #545 of 869
That sounds good. They are not difficult mods to make IF you want to do it yourself, but certainly will need to consider warranty side of things. In case you do want to take it on yourself, I can assist in connection questions if you need them.

I was wondering if you have a picture showing the VRs marked for voltage rating. I guess I could poke about with a DVM as a last resort!

Apr 26, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #547 of 869
Yes, I do, but since I don't have them at work, if you don't mind waiting a bit, I will send them to you when I get home.

Don’t mind? Of course not, you’re going above and beyond as it is. No rush, but I think I will be trying the mod when I next get a chance.

As the SU-1 caters for DSD512, I see it is worthwhile optimising it because it’s (relatively) future proof - and way better than most USB stages built into DACs. Cheers.

Apr 26, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #548 of 869
Don’t mind? Of course not, you’re going above and beyond as it is. No rush, but I think I will be trying the mod when I next get a chance.

As the SU-1 caters for DSD512, I see it is worthwhile optimising it because it’s (relatively) future proof - and way better than most USB stages built into DACs. Cheers.

BlueDL, I just sent you a PM with pictures.

Apr 28, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #554 of 869
Check your driver and if necessary reinstall it.

Apr 28, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #555 of 869
... My computer suddenly stopped recognising my SU-1. Does that mean there is a problem with the SU-1 itself or could it be the DAC?
Hello! I, too, asked for the same issue a few page ago, and I was just about to write again for the same reason.

The trouble doesn’t regard the type of driver installed or its version. I think I noticed that, if I don’t turn on the SU-1 at least once a day, the system or the machines lose the memory and the SU-1 is no more recognized although the correct driver is installed. I don’t know what is going on…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back