1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Singxer SU-1 Owners

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by t bone, Mar 7, 2017.
First

Back
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
Next

Last
  1. taxman2
    Install the new driver, either Holo 4.35 or Singxer 4.36. Unthick Asio safe and choose minimum latency. You won't believe your ears, what you're listening.

2. Excellence 5
    Well, I don’t like the Singxer v.4.36 driver, but I would give Holo v4.35 a try. Please, can you give a link to the download? I can’t find any at the moment.

Thank you

3. taxman2
  4. Franatic
  5. Excellence 5
    Thank you for that link, taxman2.

The other link, suggested by Frantic, opens just a page to the old v3.34.

Holo driver v4.35 appears to be compatible with all the latest Windows operative systems; on v3.34 one was separated for Windows 10, another one for Windows 8. However, I’m installing and trying the latest one as soon as possible.

At the last Windows start up my Singxer is still recognized by the system. I really don’t know what’s happening, why sometime I need to reinstall the driver…

Oh, when I say that I don’t like the Singxer driver v4.36 I mean that it generates noises like clics and pops during the reproduction.

6. Franatic
    Excellence 5, Here is the link for Singxer 4.36
    Singxer_USBAudio_v4.36.0_2017-11-14_DSD512.rar
    I gave you the link for the older driver because you said Singxer v4.36 wasn't working for you. Holo v4.35 is the same as Singxer 4.36
    Anyway, hope you are running fine now. Be sure to try the settings panel available in the new driver. It was not available in v3.34

7. punit
    The Singxer v.4.36 driver is only for Windows , right ? My SU-1 is connected to a Ultrarendu (Linux OS).

8. Excellence 5
    Okay, I installed the Holo driver v.4.35.0.36017 and it seems to work just fine: good sound and no clics/pops. It's stable.

As suggested by taxman2 I unchecked the safe mode on the control panel but, to be honest, I really don’t understand what kind of safety it was.

Also, what does input & output latency mean? People, I am so ingnorant!

However, the foxy icon on HoloAudio Control Panel is nice.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  9. taxman2
    Try with lowest latency first. If connection is not stable - increase latency to the point you have stable connection. I am sure you SQ is much better now.

10. taxman2
    Does anyone know how to buy dc conversion kit by Kitsune in Europe?

11. jcn3
    have you looked at the one from ghent audio? it's a bit better made.

http://www.ghentaudio.com/part/dc99.html

Alcophone and Turdski like this.
  12. taxman2
    Thanks a lot. But do they ship to Europe?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  13. phile1
    Hi,
    Idea & question : what not powering the board with a power bank for smartphone (5V, so it matches the requirement of the board) ? (using the Ghentaudio part.)
    A simple power bank (big one, ok) will give a cleaner current than a LPS.
    Did someone try it ? if yes, any feedback ?

My tests are the following :
    I've used LPS. I had downstream some LC filters to reduce noise. Even with LC filter, a LPS can't compete with a $25 power bank... as simple as that.
    IF even if I charge the power bank when I power the device, although SQ is less "nice", it remains better than LPS+filters

A power bank like this one for instance : https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B012V2IILM/

The last point is that power banks are cheaper, by far.
    Rgds

14. jcn3
    pretty sure they do -- email address is at the bottom of the page

15. BlueDL
    Do these Power Banks contain a DC-DC Converter chip to process the battery voltage and output exactly 5V? If so, I suspect the d.c. output isn’t very clean at all vs a LPS because the chip is switching at a high frequency. But ultimately it’s what your ears prefer that matters though.

First

Back
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
Next

Last