Sick of buying headphones
Apr 3, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #18 of 30
Apr 3, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #19 of 30
The "incase sonic" headphones are, so far, the most comfortable cans I've ever used (even over the Mad Dogs with Alpha pads). Extremely light weight, memory foam ear pads and head rest covered in suede. All quite sturdy. Detachable cable, if you're into that sort of thing.

Head-Fi thread.

Incase Website

Apr 3, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #20 of 30
Dt770 80ohm, spend the few extra bux and get a comfy pair that u can wear forever and sound great.

Apr 3, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #22 of 30
Quote:
I agree with this. If you can't spend the extra bucks, DJ100 with M50 pads. All day long.

The standard 100's are ok. They've got the characteristic closed bowl sound: hollow, echo-ey, ie slow sound decay. There's clear roll off at the high and low end.

The TBSE's are significantly better, with significantly more high frequency response, although as above, it has that distinctive 'listening in an echo chamber' sound signature.

Both also tend to lend a bit of a nasally signature to vocals. Either due to the closed design, and/or the bump in the upper mids.

The bottom line is that the OP finds it very easy to detect 'problems' with any pair of headphones he buys.

As I've said before, it is characteristic of many head=fiers to try and buy buy buy their way to sonic happiness.

Apr 4, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #23 of 30
First, I think the "comfort topic" is a very relative  and controversial conversation.  Head shapes/ size / and proportions vary so much that one can find the same cans extremely comfortable while another can say they are horrible.The bottom line is you need to try it for yourself.  So yes that means either find a place to test them or you need to buy them. 

I personally think you are being too picky for someone only able to drop $50 - $70 bucks, yet you want all categories to be great.   Unless you are willing to save up and spend more, you may be out of luck.

From what I have found....if you are going for a budget headphone, you need to sacrifice something.   You will either get a better build quality with not so good sound quality - or good sound quality with lacking build quality (like the Superlux brand) 

I have the Superlux HD668b and really like the sound quality - but know for $50 they are not the highest construction quality, and are not my most comfortable choice.  

If you are only going to spend that much money, you need to lower your expectations a little and maybe you will like some headphones in that price range.  Or decide what is most important to you and find a budget headphone that excels in that priority.  Otherwise....save up and raise your budget.

Apr 4, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #24 of 30
Actually, I think there are a lot of things that make a headphone comfortable for almost everyone. The difference in opinion lies in what people are willing to put up with. Example: I find the Sennheiser HD650's to be comfortable because of the large pads, decent depth of the cups, and headband padding focused away from the center of the head. I think very few people would not appreciate these features. But I'm not very sensitive to clamp. People who are sensitive to clamp find them uncomfortable.

Apr 4, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #25 of 30
Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I understand that with my small budget I don't have that many options so after a long search I found these :

http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Siberia-Full-Size-Headphones-Black/dp/B002SN9RMY

Yeah they are gaming headphones. But..... The reason I got them was because of the comfort level. Velour pads, suspended headband design to make them weightless, overall build quality. I basically got everything I was looking for for a fraction of the price people were telling me to spend for good cans. Some even argue these are the best cans you can get in terms of sound quality for under $100. Steel Series is suppose to be on the higher end of gaming headphones, only downside is these don't have a built in mic.

Apr 4, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #26 of 30
Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I understand that with my small budget I don't have that many options so after a long search I found these :

http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Siberia-Full-Size-Headphones-Black/dp/B002SN9RMY
ir

Yeah they are gaming headphones. But..... The reason I got them was because of the comfort level. Velour pads, suspended headband design to make them weightless, overall build quality. I basically got everything I was looking for for a fraction of the price people were telling me to spend for good cans. Some even argue these are the best cans you can get in terms of sound quality for under $100. Steel Series is suppose to be on the higher end of gaming headphones, only downside is these don't have a built in mic.

I wasnt able to find any good reviews of these so it looks like you're our community guinea pig haha. Seriously though, we'd all be much obliged if you'll post your impressions, especially in comparison to the superlux. Good luck!

Apr 5, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #27 of 30
I noticed you tried nothing but closed cans you should try a open back headphone. Since you wanted comfort and without sacrificing sound quality i recommend.

sony mdr ma 300 or sony mdr ma 500

Apr 5, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #28 of 30
I agree, the Beyerdynamic DT770 is the one you want. Its $125 used on amazon right now, but the ear pads are the most comfortable I have experienced. I even moved those ear pads to other more expensive headphones, they are that good. The closed back is what will suit you too. They are built well and will last you a long long time. Spend the extra and be done with your search.... good luck

May 7, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #30 of 30
Hello!

[Sorry, I skipped several posts here]

If you still can't figure things out yet, for less than $70, there are quite a lot of choices available if you are looking headphone for gaming, music and movie. The MDR-V6 have a rather neutral sound and lacking in some bass. Therefore, for action movies and gaming, it won't fit the bill. The V-6 can be uncomfortable for long term listening too. Have you looked into the Sennheiser HD439? These are one of my favorite under the $100 price tag. I'm sure, you can find them cheaper at Amazon. It's really a perfect headphone for movies and gaming, dubsteps, house music, a bit for rocks, rap, hip hop etc. Also, it is very comfortable! If you like how ATH-M50 sound, you should like these. 

I hope this help!
Billson :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back