Shure SRH840 vs Philips Citiscape Uptown
May 23, 2012 at 6:23 AM Post #16 of 19
I already began writing one a couple of days ago actually. I've seen people expressing interest in a few threads here and there. I'm not really the most authoritative reviewer possible, but the more the merrier. Or in this case, maybe I should use the saying "something is better than nothing." Haha.

Jul 7, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #19 of 19
Hello there everybody! I am new to the forum and I am looking for a new around ear headphones that i can use on public transport and long bus trips. I have no external amps, just my ipod and some classical rock and some She and Him. My two options that i found were the Shure SRH840 and the Philips Citiscape uptown. If found out about these on Headphone Mecca and have liked the look and the reviews on them so far. I would prefer to have as little leak as possible and good isolation. I do not need thumping bass, just some nice headphones to listen to mainly all kinds of music and watch movies with. Which would be a good option? Thank you very much

The Uptowns have incredible isolation, good sensitivity and nice bass -- however, they are rather rolled off on the topend, and can build up some heat around the ear if you are in a less than confortable environment. I have watched full movies with them though, so they aren't torturous. I can provide more on them if you'd like me to test them out in a certain scenario. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back