Shure SRH750DJ headphones appreciation thread.
Jan 20, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #181 of 219
Quote:
so i guess the 750s are great with J-stuffs? Coz I only listen to J-stuffs, with quite a wide 'sub-genre' like, Jpop, Jrock, electro-pop (i believe 750 does very well here), etc.
Thanks in advance!

No. I use them for all different genres. Everything from Beach Boys to Metallica and Norah Jones to Usher. They do great on all of them. From what I read when I bought my pair these were a combination of the analytical side and clarity of the SRH840s with the bass from the SRH440's.

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #182 of 219
I thought the bass from 440s were very weak?

Jan 21, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #183 of 219
Quote:

No. I use them for all different genres. Everything from Beach Boys to Metallica and Norah Jones to Usher. They do great on all of them. From what I read when I bought my pair these were a combination of the analytical side and clarity of the SRH840s with the bass from the SRH440's.

Wow! Great! That will be a perfect pair for me!

Quote:
I thought the bass from 440s were very weak?

Nope. The last time i tried, they have way more presence than SR60i, though from graph, 750 have more bass than 440

Jan 21, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #184 of 219
Quote:

Thanks again!

Looks like the Beyerdynamic DT250 Velour pads will be perfect!  Funny, had a set of these, but gave them away with my Panasonic RP-HTF600-S I used to have.

OH well, looks like I will have to order a new pair!

Any updates on this? I still have my 750's in the box and not sure if I should sell or keep.

Jan 21, 2013 at 4:43 AM Post #185 of 219
Quote:
Wow! Great! That will be a perfect pair for me!

Nope. The last time i tried, they have way more presence than SR60i, though from graph, 750 have more bass than 440

Quote:
Any updates on this? I still have my 750's in the box and not sure if I should sell or keep.

Oh, I mean the 440 vs 840.

Jan 21, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #186 of 219

No update, pads are on back order, hoping to have them by the end of the month.

Side note, really liking the SQ on the 750DJ. Still have to find something to wrap around the headband to make it more comfortable though. :/

Mar 8, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #187 of 219
So are there any Updates now? I'm still not sure if i should buy some DT250 Velours and try it by myself but i can't find a pair of the original ones. Maybe i'll try the ones from the DT 770 if there aren't any Updates...

(Sorry for my bad english O.o)

Greets

Mar 10, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #188 of 219
So are there any Updates now? I'm still not sure if i should buy some DT250 Velours and try it by myself but i can't find a pair of the original ones. Maybe i'll try the ones from the DT 770 if there aren't any Updates...

Greets

Not sure. I ended up with ath-es7 as the shures went out of stock in my local store

Mar 10, 2013 at 3:39 AM Post #189 of 219
Quote:

Greets

The Pads I ordered are STILL on back-order.  No update.  Still love the SQ on these though.  Even if they are uncomfortable and creaky.

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #190 of 219
Hi everyone !
I'm Arkadiusz and I'm a new one on this forum :)
I'd like to ask about some usb amplifier/dac for my Shure 750Dj, I'm lookng for something cheap for my notebook, maybe FiiO E10 ?
What are you reccomending for this headphones ?

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #191 of 219
Quote:
Hi everyone !
I'm Arkadiusz and I'm a new one on this forum :)
I'd like to ask about some usb amplifier/dac for my Shure 750Dj, I'm lookng for something cheap for my notebook, maybe FiiO E10 ?
What are you reccomending for this headphones ?

The Shure 750DJ does not take too much to drive it.  My iPod Nano and Samsung Galaxy S3 work great with it.

That said, I have the FiiO E07K and it works great an inexpensive DAC/AMP.

Mar 14, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #192 of 219
In my opinion the Shure works fine without an AMP too. The resistance is really low so it's loud enough and with an good Player/ Program on your device it will do a great Job!
Holy potato i hate it to write with a Smartphone!
Hope it was a Bit helpful.
Greets

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #194 of 219
Hi Penguin,

I want to ask which Pads you ordered? The real Velour's or just the Softskin one's? I'm not sure which one i should choose... either http://www.thomann.de/gb/beyerdynamic_dt_250_ohrpolster.htm  or http://www.thomann.de/gb/beyerdynamic_dt_250_ohrpolster_softskin.htm

Greets from the snowy Germany
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #195 of 219
Quote:
I asked for it, because I'm using a Xonar U3 sound card and I'd like to 'draw' more bas from my Shure headphones :)
Sorry for my English, I'm from Poland :p

Your english is just fine.  (I actually know a "little" Polish as my ex-girlfriend was born there).

Have you ever used the program:  "Foobar2000"?  It is free and has some nice options for EQing headphones:  http://www.foobar2000.org/

Quote:
Hi Penguin,

I want to ask which Pads you ordered? The real Velour's or just the Softskin one's? I'm not sure which one i should choose... either http://www.thomann.de/gb/beyerdynamic_dt_250_ohrpolster.htm  or http://www.thomann.de/gb/beyerdynamic_dt_250_ohrpolster_softskin.htm

Greets from the snowy Germany
smily_headphones1.gif

Gosh another language I know a little.  Took German in Highschool. 

The ones I ordered are the first link you posted:  http://www.thomann.de/gb/beyerdynamic_dt_250_ohrpolster.htm

(I have had those pads on a few other sets of headphones before, they are very NICE for the price.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back