Shure SRH750DJ headphones appreciation thread.
Jan 21, 2011 at 1:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 219

bcasey25raptor

Aka: Brycon Casey
aka mental patient
aka Enter Darkness
aka Shurefan
aka reaperofaudio
aka everyone knows
aka very funny
i will start off by saying that for the 150$ price these cant be beat. the ath m50s may beat it but thats the only headphone that comes close. the bass is very realistsic and not boomy. it has a very good frequency response. and it can be driven without an amp. people i think we have a winner. also if you have the shure srh550dj headphones when tehy come out feel free to let us know what you think of them in this thread.

peace
beyersmile.png

Feb 6, 2011 at 6:50 AM Post #2 of 219
Ahh I'm pickin up my 750s at the post office on monday cuz I missed the dropoff yesterday but I'm really anxious to get it now... Srh750 power!

For everyone, what are your rigs or setup with your 750 and what you wish to have with it?

Feb 6, 2011 at 8:31 AM Post #3 of 219
I love how the sound I just hate how they sit on my head :frowning2:. But honestly, if these work for your head then they are AMAZING for the $$. I'm having to return mine but will be keeping a lookout for whatever Shure releases in the future as I'm very impressed!

I only ever used them with my laptop/iphone as my Fiio e5 and e7 haven't shown up yet.

Feb 6, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #5 of 219

I love how the sound I just hate how they sit on my head :frowning2:. But honestly, if these work for your head then they are AMAZING for the $$. I'm having to return mine but will be keeping a lookout for whatever Shure releases in the future as I'm very impressed!

I only ever used them with my laptop/iphone as my Fiio e5 and e7 haven't shown up yet.

Are you referring their uncomfortability because of their tightness or just in general with their pads being circle and small? I read about e17 that's why I am hesitant to but any amp/dac at the moment :frowning2:

Feb 6, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #6 of 219

Im still deciding..which headphone should i buy? 

M50's or 750dj's. 

Very tempted for the Shures though. 

Ffor my opinion and what I read, they're probaly almost the same with their sound quality, depends on people even tho they both have good quality lows and above normal mid and high but other people said that 750 has a lil bit better mid or something.

Their advantages, correct me if I'm wrong:
-m50s, they probably have a better comfortability, more popular, maybe better isolation.
-750s, for me they look more presentable in public and better portability, detachable cables, safer to buy cuz I haven't seen people complaining of getting a counterfeit version since it Looks too complicated to copy, I've known their company for a long time now for having a good reputation "microphones only tho" but still haha I trust them for some reason. I'm getting this one too :p

Feb 6, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #7 of 219

Quote:

Ffor my opinion and what I read, they're probaly almost the same with their sound quality, depends on people even tho they both have good quality lows and above normal mid and high but other people said that 750 has a lil bit better mid or something.Their advantages, correct me if I'm wrong:-m50s, they probably have a better comfortability, more popular, maybe better isolation.-750s, for me they look more presentable in public and better portability, detachable cables, safer to buy cuz I haven't seen people complaining of getting a counterfeit version since it Looks too complicated to copy, I've known their company for a long time now for having a good reputation "microphones only tho" but still haha I trust them for some reason. I'm getting this one too :p

judging by your name as a metal head. i would recommend the srh750dj as it has better mids then the m50. or so i have heard. but keep in mind you may need to buy an amp/dac to get their full abilities. also i love mine but my laptops sound card is utterly barbarically bad that i cannot stand to listen to anything but $20 iems on them and an ipod still sounds not that great so i am looking into getting an amp/dac. btw i have a conexant sound card and i absolutely hate it.

Feb 6, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #8 of 219

Quote:

Are you referring their uncomfortability because of their tightness or just in general with their pads being circle and small? I read about e17 that's why I am hesitant to but any amp/dac at the moment
frown.gif

It's just how they sit on my head. I've stretched them a bit but it builds up a lot of pressure on the very top of my head..  leads to me having to take the phones off after only a couple hours..

And isn't the E17 out in like a year?! I may well pick up the E11, but I figure I could be waiting forever, so I bought the E5 first, then upgraded to the Ultrasone Pro 750, so figured I should get the E7 at least, and well if I have to spend another $60 in the future for the E11, then so be it! lol

Feb 6, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #9 of 219

Quote:
Quote:

Are you referring their uncomfortability because of their tightness or just in general with their pads being circle and small? I read about e17 that's why I am hesitant to but any amp/dac at the moment
frown.gif

It's just how they sit on my head. I've stretched them a bit but it builds up a lot of pressure on the very top of my head..  leads to me having to take the phones off after only a couple hours..

And isn't the E17 out in like a year?! I may well pick up the E11, but I figure I could be waiting forever, so I bought the E5 first, then upgraded to the Ultrasone Pro 750, so figured I should get the E7 at least, and well if I have to spend another $60 in the future for the E11, then so be it! lol

that make sense lol i cant wait 1 year without an amp for my coming HP =\ maybe ill try to get a cheap one for now, i really want to try amp/dac for my computer tho, maybe e7 or nuforce icon udac-2 not sure yet then ill sell it next year than get a higher -end ones.. u have the ultrasone now? how is it btw?

Feb 6, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #10 of 219

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

frown.gif

that make sense lol i cant wait 1 year without an amp for my coming HP =\ maybe ill try to get a cheap one for now, i really want to try amp/dac for my computer tho, maybe e7 or nuforce icon udac-2 not sure yet then ill sell it next year than get a higher -end ones.. u have the ultrasone now? how is it btw?

I'll tell you tomorrow lol. I have Fiio E5, E7, L3 LOD, ATH-M50s, Ultrasone Pro 750, a CMoy amp kit, and all the materials to make a few iPod LODs all being shipped to me as we speak, I only physically have the SRH750djs right now lol. I kind of got the Shure's - loved the sound, but wanted a phone more suited to my head and well.. $500 spent.. lol.

And IMO just buy the E7 now. I mean it's $80 spent (go on ebay, find the one for $89.95 that's "buy it now OR best offer", offer $75, and you'll get it.. or I did at least). It'll be a step up for sure and well, I don't know, avoid your girlfriend for a week - that should save you at least $80 lol. Just tell her you're avoiding her for your ear's - she'll have no issue with that (of course if you're female, then reverse all sexes.. though it may be less funny lol).

Feb 6, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #11 of 219

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

frown.gif

I'll tell you tomorrow lol. I have Fiio E5, E7, L3 LOD, ATH-M50s, Ultrasone Pro 750, a CMoy amp kit, and all the materials to make a few iPod LODs all being shipped to me as we speak, I only physically have the SRH750djs right now lol. I kind of got the Shure's - loved the sound, but wanted a phone more suited to my head and well.. $500 spent.. lol.

And IMO just buy the E7 now. I mean it's $80 spent (go on ebay, find the one for $89.95 that's "buy it now OR best offer", offer $75, and you'll get it.. or I did at least). It'll be a step up for sure and well, I don't know, avoid your girlfriend for a week - that should save you at least $80 lol. Just tell her you're avoiding her for your ear's - she'll have no issue with that (of course if you're female, then reverse all sexes.. though it may be less funny lol).

hahaha ill die if she reads this lol try to get them next week, im jealous with ur ultrasone btw.. and i kinda want to lookat those DIY LODs as well and have you tried the rockbox for your ipod?

btw is this similar to the LOD http://www.johnlewis.com/jl_assets/product/230334815.jpg

Feb 6, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #12 of 219

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

frown.gif

hahaha ill die if she reads this lol try to get them next week, im jealous with ur ultrasone btw.. and i kinda want to lookat those DIY LODs as well and have you tried the rockbox for your ipod?

btw is this similar to the LOD http://www.johnlewis.com/jl_assets/product/230334815.jpg

I actually just use my iphone right now, but I'm picking up a classic/video within the week, as I'm fed up of having to choose what is on my ipod. I'll probably try out rockbox then.

And with ipod docks, including the Apple one I've been told that the quality won't be as good as a well-made ipod LOD. But this is just what I've been told. To be honest DIYing looks like fun lol (hence why I'm starting!).

Feb 6, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #13 of 219
has anyone compared teh beats pros and the shure srh750djs. if so what are your thoughts. i think i liked the pros better.
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #15 of 219
Beats Pro are $300 (so 3x) more than the Shure 750s - that's the issue lol. But I have heard them, and honestly, if you ignore their price then they're quality competition for 750dj. This was like a month ago. Oh - they're BIG though, and they feel like that on your head - but you'd probably get used to that. And I'm sorry, but after the previous generation of Beats Studios I'm gonna wait a while for longevity stats - when I bought the Studios I was told by my Futureshop buddy that they've had SO many get returned due to headbands breaking - so I returned it the day after :p.

Give it a year. Then look for recent reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back