Shure SRH240 vs Sony MDR-XB700 vs V-Moda Crossfade LP
Sep 16, 2011 at 9:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

RevAmped

Head-Fier
Shure SRH240 vs Sony MDR-XB700 vs V-Moda Crossfade LP

I've been considering which cans to get to replace my MeElectronics headphones and have narrowed my choices down to these three, with the Shures and Sonys I am going to be getting a Fiio E6 amp, but not with the Crossfades.

There isn't much about the SRH240s, just that they sound better than the Studios at one seventh the price, and also look as good. If any one could give some info about these it would help a lot. Thanks

Sep 16, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #2 of 6
The 240 has a nice mid centric sound that excels with vocals and acoustic.  The one thing to note with it is its relatively light bass response especially when compared to your other two choices.  If you listen to a lot of music that requires those low notes then your other options might be better for you.

Sep 16, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #3 of 6

Quote:
The 240 has a nice mid centric sound that excels with vocals and acoustic.  The one thing to note with it is their its relatively light bass response especially when compared to your other two choices.  If you listen to a lot of music that requires those low notes then your other options might be better for you.

Thank you, my music does require that bass response, and the light response wont do. Between the Crossfades and XB700s w/amp which is better?

Sep 16, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #4 of 6
Hmm, good question as both have exceptionally strong bass responses.  Without an external amp, I would lean more toward XB700.

Sep 16, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #6 of 6
From everything I've read, the XB700 would indeed be better choice, though if you can get quality portable amp(like Fiio's E11) in near future that would be good as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back