Shure SRH1840 and SRH1440 Unveiled!
Jan 2, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #481 of 2,283

Quote:
So much misinformation....so little time!

What misinformation?  It's been described as sounding like a touch of fish cake, loosely.  What more info do you need?
wink.gif

Jan 2, 2012 at 7:44 AM Post #482 of 2,283
I think Jude just get's a kick out of watching us squirm.  It's been almost a month since the initial post, and we've reached 33 pages filled with, for the most part, meaningless bickering and wild speculation.

Just picture him, sitting in his comfy chair, 1840s on his head, listening to whatever genre the 1840s excel at portraying, hitting F5 on this bloody thread and just cackling......  Cackling the night away.

Jan 2, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #484 of 2,283
Jan 2, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #485 of 2,283
Lol, I been online forever, but these shortcuts have eluded me. XD

Sorry for being off topic. I'm just in awe of this...

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #488 of 2,283
The excitement is because people are curious to learn how it sounds for the price. Particularly, how does it compare to other headphones in its price range - LCD2, HD800, T1, HE500, etc.

Shure is introducing a new flagship-priced headphone, Shure has a good reputation with the SRH940 sounding way better than $300, so people are naturally excited to see how a $900 Shure sounds. The tension is because we don't know if Shure is abandoning their good price/performance ratio with this or not.

Jan 2, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #489 of 2,283

Quote:
The excitement is because people are curious to learn how it sounds for the price. Particularly, how does it compare to other headphones in its price range - LCD2, HD800, T1, HE500, etc.

Shure is introducing a new flagship-priced headphone, Shure has a good reputation with the SRH940 sounding way better than $300, so people are naturally excited to see how a $900 Shure sounds. The tension is because we don't know if Shure is abandoning their good price/performance ratio with this or not.

HE-500 isn't really in that price range; HE-6 is.

We don't know the exact U.S. MSRP of these new headphones yet, if I'm not mistaken?  How do you know that it's going to be $900?

Jan 2, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #490 of 2,283

Quote:

Did I miss something? Where was the price announced?

Jan 2, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #492 of 2,283

Quote:
It's not like Jude is going to write a bad review about them.  I'm not sure what you guys are so excited for. 

I believe the exact words were "very impressive". So everyone should line up for them straight away!

I have grave reservations about them given how the presenter in the YouTube video brought to attention in the FR graph the bass, lower mids, and extended treble while conveniently ignoring that upper mid / lower treble mess.

Jan 2, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #493 of 2,283

Quote:

They were included. They were initially raved about, then began to suck when the LCD-2 came along, and now the LCD-2 sucks because the LCD-3 has arrived in town. And everything sucks because the Stax 009 exists. For $5000, you can find out if you too agree with a handful of others. If you follow the pattern, the high opinions have gone down but the price has not. So some of the $300-$500 dollar 'phones now sound like they now compete with these failing flagships. And these new Shures will compete with the best for two weeks then gradually become worse than the SRH940, which some hate, so for those folks, gradually become worse than the SRH840. You get the picture.

What?  SRH840 are overhyped, overrated, and hated now?  I just bought a pair off Ebay 30 minutes ago!  Where are these reviews of SRH840 being terrible?  I was quite excited to grab a pair for $120 as I need a closed pair for work.

Jan 2, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #495 of 2,283

Quote:
What?  SRH840 are overhyped, overrated, and hated now?  I just bought a pair off Ebay 30 minutes ago!  Where are these reviews of SRH840 being terrible?  I was quite excited to grab a pair for $120 as I need a closed pair for work.

Don't worry, that's just typical Head-fi hyperbole.  The 840 is still an excellent headphone, one of the best values in the mid-market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back