Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Sep 20, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #16,246 of 22,945
Very good. Mojo has a natural warm sound which works really good with those genres too. I had that combo at one point. Mojo has low output impedance so the frequency response will stay as it´s supposed to. The Shure´s have a very low impedance so many portables like iPhones with their 4-5 output impedance will color the sound.

I´m currently in the process of selling my SE 846, but might have them returned. Since I moved to iPhone7 I´ll be going portable from now on. Has anyone tried the new Westone bluetooth cable with the Shure 846? According to the Earphone Solutions website it should work fine with the Shures.

Check my CanJam London Experience Thread, the Westone BC (Bluetooth Cable) + SE846 + SCS combination are mentioned.

Sep 20, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #16,247 of 22,945
Anything with the clarity of the SE846 but the bass of a high end dynamic?

Tralucent Audio 1plus2s! Greater clarity, dynamic driver bass and a great 'live' feel.

Sep 20, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #16,248 of 22,945
Nothing gets between my shure 846 and my double helix cable.
Heading out with just iphone 6 plus, neutron, and my team canada jersey. Sorry usa you may be on a plane home tonight:)
Sounds not to shabby either

Sep 20, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #16,250 of 22,945
I dunno 846 has been my only iem besides buds.
Cant see my way to even testing something else. Maybe one day. For me its balance the bass is the by product. The mids are tasty, however a slight artificial tone to be picky
Oh ya canada wins

Sep 21, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #16,251 of 22,945
Last week i noticed that without having suffered any drop, shock or mishandling my 1.5 year old right Shure SE846 had lost a bit of plastic at the seam between the shells.

I got a new pair under warranty but i am still worried about that incident cause i know of other folks that have faced the same issue. And in 6 months i will be out of warranty so the next missing bit of shell can be really expensive to get fixed. In the hefty price tag of the SE846 sturdiness was included or so did i think. Fortunately Shure is very committed to quality so they will look into that nasty issue.

I got in touch with a high rank Shure rep and he has commanded to a few product guys to carefully look into my faulty pair. I have provided him with pictures from another user whose unit has lost a piece of shell at almost the same spot.

I think it could help if i could provide Shure with more pictures or similar chipping off issues. So if your Se846 have suffered from tiny bits chipping off please PM.

aa416c71695942dbf0327fecc7ee7834.jpg

If the tonality it's not right, then nothing else really matters.

This happened in June, got it replaced and here we go again.

In June, I just got mine replaced for free. I was lucky as June was the last month of my warranty.

Fast forward to three months later, which is today, I noticed these cracks again. My precious SE846 was never crushed, sat on or dropped.

What's funny is that, it always occurs on the right earbud.

I wonder what is wrong with these plastic shells. I'm no longer under warranty and I have no idea what I can do.

Plus, GrandTech Singapore, the service centre here, is horrible.

Sep 22, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #16,253 of 22,945
Stop manhandling your $1000 equipment. Nothing just spontaneously chips/cracks. For every force there is an equal and opposite force.

Well, if you assume so in this case. From my previous service ticket, the adhesive used to seal the shells was said to be a probable cause according to Shure Asia.

And I'm just trying to provide photo for elfary.

Sep 22, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #16,256 of 22,945

This happened in June, got it replaced and here we go again.

In June, I just got mine replaced for free. I was lucky as June was the last month of my warranty.

Fast forward to three months later, which is today, I noticed these cracks again. My precious SE846 was never crushed, sat on or dropped.

What's funny is that, it always occurs on the right earbud.

I wonder what is wrong with these plastic shells. I'm no longer under warranty and I have no idea what I can do.

Plus, GrandTech Singapore, the service centre here, is horrible.

Email to Shure Asia and let them know about the whole story, and if you could PM and send me a pic i will forward it to the Shure rep that is handling this strange issue.

If experience this issue twice then i am gonna ask for a new SE846 version as i will be fed up with the clear model.

Sep 22, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #16,257 of 22,945
Hi guys,

I have had the SE846 for about a year and I absolutely love everything about it. I use the bass filter because I listen to a lot more EDM and bassy music. A while back my left earpiece started acting up and after a few exchange of email I was able to get a new replacement (good think I kept my receipt!).

I have yet to open the replacement, because I can sell these and look for an upgrade. So with that in mind, do you guys have anything that can recommend to me? I am honestly just looking for something that has the same intoxicating bass but does everything else better. I love the sound signature too. Please let me know if there are such things out there. Thank you!

Sep 22, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #16,258 of 22,945
Hi guys,

I have had the SE846 for about a year and I absolutely love everything about it. I use the bass filter because I listen to a lot more EDM and bassy music. A while back my left earpiece started acting up and after a few exchange of email I was able to get a new replacement (good think I kept my receipt!).

I have yet to open the replacement, because I can sell these and look for an upgrade. So with that in mind, do you guys have anything that can recommend to me? I am honestly just looking for something that has the same intoxicating bass but does everything else better. I love the sound signature too. Please let me know if there are such things out there. Thank you!

You and everyone else.
The drum roll please and the 64 million dollar answer is.......?

Sep 22, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #16,260 of 22,945
  Hi guys,

If you mean the same sound signature no,each company has their distinct house sound.That being said an upgrade is noble k10,said to have 90% of shure  bass quantity with better texture(not that hard to do imo) and as deep with better mids and detail.I would also look for Zeus by Empire Ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back