Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Jul 2, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #15,588 of 22,946
"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

Jul 2, 2016 at 6:22 AM Post #15,589 of 22,946
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_a_tree_falls_in_a_forest

Jul 2, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #15,590 of 22,946
been playing with filter combinations.
blue filter mod - thats for kids..

best combo(for me):
no filter + blue filter foam inserted in the empty tube (the metal tube in which u'll put the actual filters).

OMG what a sound stage/clarity + thumping beautiful bass. really shows what these bad boys can do.
its like the gear VR of sound..u'll be sucked right in..

** no worries all is easily reversable to stock mode.

please post you're thoughts if u've tried this before or just now :)

Jul 2, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #15,591 of 22,946

best combo(for me):
no filter + blue filter foam inserted in the empty tube (the metal tube in which u'll put the actual filters).

OMG what a sound stage/clarity + thumping beautiful bass. really shows what these bad boys can do.

Great idea! 

Jul 2, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #15,592 of 22,946

best combo(for me):

Υοu mean no blue/white filter just the foam in the metallic tube?

Jul 2, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #15,597 of 22,946
hi guys im looking for $1k universals and leaning towards the SE846, its been a while since ive followed IEM scene but what are the biggest competitors in this price range besides the SE846? 

There's quite a few, but the Andromeda is a contender at any price point in my opinion. Not every category favors the Andromeda, but is nonetheless a thoroughly engaging sound to my ears.

Jul 2, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #15,598 of 22,946
Not every category favors the Andromeda, but is nonetheless a thoroughly engaging sound to my ears.

Can you explain "catagory?" I've had a pair of these sitting in my Shopping Cart more than a few times in the last couple of months

Jul 2, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #15,599 of 22,946
Can you explain "catagory?" I've had a pair of these sitting in my Shopping Cart more than a few times in the last couple of months

Mainly, fit. As for the rest of the sound, it's all debatable. I'll have a full comparison in my upcoming Andromeda review.

Jul 4, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #15,600 of 22,946
what EQ settings are others running ?

I mostly listen using Samsung Galaxy TabS 10.5, and NEUTRON player for Android, 64bit processing, with dithering.
EQ: freq 35hz, gain 8dB, Q 1.0 (parametric eq)

I own 2 very good 12" sealed subs, and I notice some bottom end notes are almost missing from some tracks, even with the black tubes. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back