Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Jan 22, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #13,982 of 22,945
  Very very interesting... I should also note that I could still return my HA-2!!! lol just bought it.

I Might seriously consider what you are saying and do it...

I did listen to the ZX2 a little bit back when I had the 535's and it did bring those things to life a bit more, however it didn't blow my mind for $1000 (less here... worth considering)... not to mention I have a note 4, and with the note 4 + the HA-2, the sound is pretty darn close. Plus the HA-2 brings DSD playback...  But i'd have to do another side by side to see how the ZX2 helps the 846's out.  It's definitely a nice product.  I also considered the pha-2 but couldn't give it a test run.

I just figure if I have an android + good dac/amp, esp a flexible dac like the oppo, I might be better off overall... But this is subject to change and I really appreciate the suggestion.  Now I may have to go back and plug my 846's in...

Really curious as to how the TRSS sounds with these 846's...

I don't have a dog in the fight really,so your decision makes no difference to me but since the whole thing is very recent i'll just say it.Saw a hugo on sale forum for very good price,decide to sell the ZX2 on impulse here in Greece for no loss(had 3 buyers immediately) and then it was just +300 euro for hugo.Yesterday arrives  the long forgotten trrs cable,had ordered it 10 days before but up until then i was having wet dreams about hugo so then,i was like well since it came might as well plug it in.From yesterday,i've been hearing the combo the past 9 hours with no break(the longest ever i think),and decided to skip hugo for the time being.End of story.

Jan 22, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #13,985 of 22,945
It won't since mojo doesn't do balanced.It's pono,DPX1,hm901,ZX2(not really balanced,separate grounds for left/right signal,but big sq improvement imo)

Thank you, recently I have decided to get rid of dx80 and buy a moto g 2nd Gen to drive my mojo to se846, dx80 has way many problems and in my opinion is a horrible POS product.

I also have fed mojo with my Note 5 which also showed improvement over dx80 when fed via USB out.

I hope the moto g 2nd Gen will be a good feed for mojo and se846, what you think?

Jan 22, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #13,986 of 22,945
Thank you, recently I have decided to get rid of dx80 and buy a moto g 2nd Gen to drive my mojo to se846, dx80 has way many problems and in my opinion is a horrible POS product.

I also have fed mojo with my Note 5 which also showed improvement over dx80 when fed via USB out.

I hope the moto g 2nd Gen will be a good feed for mojo and se846, what you think?

Apparently mojo was designed for phones,tablets mainly.Keep mojo,keep se846 it is a very good iem which scales with clean,detailed sources,later add a headfone which synergizes and is driven well with mojo(lcd2?)for a different flavor and bigger soundstage and be happy Naive.You'll give yourself an aneurysm the way i see you going about it!

Jan 22, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #13,987 of 22,945
Apparently mojo was designed for phones,tablets mainly.Keep mojo,keep se846 it is a very good iem which scales with clean,detailed sources,later add a headfone which synergizes and is driven well with mojo(lcd2?)for a different flavor and bigger soundstage and be happy Naive.You'll give yourself an aneyrusm the way i see you going about it!

Haha, thanks, OK I'll give the lcd 2 a shot

Jan 22, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #13,988 of 22,945
  I don't have a dog in the fight really,so your decision makes no difference to me but since the whole thing is very recent i'll just say it.Saw a hugo on sale forum for very good price,decide to sell the ZX2 on impulse here in Greece for no loss(had 3 buyers immediately) and then it was just +300 euro for hugo.Yesterday arrives  the long forgotten trrs cable,had ordered it 10 days before but up until then i was having wet dreams about hugo so then,i was like well since it came might as well plug it in.From yesterday,i've been hearing the combo the past 9 hours with no break(the longest ever i think),and decided to skip hugo for the time being.End of story.

Wait, so you settled on what? I'm not quite understanding.

You love the hugo, or you are skipping the hugo because you don't like it?

Jan 22, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #13,989 of 22,945
  Wait, so you settled on what? I'm not quite understanding.

You love the hugo, or you are skipping the hugo because you don't like it?

I was pretty clear i think
redface.gif
.The hugo will be bought eventually(one of the good things with the arrival of mojo,is you can find a used 3-6 months hugo for half the initial price).It's just that ZX2 with trrs+se846 is so good and an upgrade from stock ZX2 that the need to buy hugo now is somewhat reduced.Cheers

Jan 23, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #13,994 of 22,945

hi equgguy any update on a more detailed comparisons 

thanks so much

was a busy week. looking forward to moving forward with my review. this weekend should be good with the snow and all.

So funny, Toronto not a dust of snow, nada, nothing YET. :ksc75smile:

Jan 23, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #13,995 of 22,945
No worries at all, Caruryn! Some don't mind at all and have found solutions (just check the threads) and some want something else, which is perfectly fine as well. Glad there is a product in the market that can take care of most listeners' wants and needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back