Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Aug 14, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #5,266 of 22,960
Opps wrong link. I like these better, screws on and rustproof. 

Just found them on ebay. If you just need one, it's 4 dollars shipped. I can live with these. :) 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2-OZ-BLANK-EMPTY-SCREW-TOP-RUST-PROOF-METAL-TIN-CONTAINER-CRAFT-TWO-OZ-A-/251500567954?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3a8e9a1d92

Aug 14, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #5,267 of 22,960
You could always buy one of the JH Audio cans for $35 - and get free lettering....

I wonder if they would go ape-sh!t if you wanted them to stencil SE846 on a JH can....

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:13 AM Post #5,269 of 22,960
my 846s arrived this morning and I've been on them all day on this perfect setup :)
Simply spectacular iems 

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #5,270 of 22,960
  my 846s arrived this morning and I've been on them all day on this perfect setup :)
Simply spectacular iems 

Simply spectacular antique Sanyo cassette player!!!

Aug 15, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #5,273 of 22,960
  Hahaha back in my day (1980s) I bought a $1,000 Dollar Nakamichi cassette player for my car and I loved it. Now seeing the 846 with a portable cassette player is funny.

Yeah is quite funny that suddenly there is an antique cassette player with a 846 pop out but is very cool though, I remember my first portable player will be the Sony Discman back in the 90s but is already broken.... I remember my mom have a JVC portable cassette player but I think is lost somewhere in my old house, I'm very curious about the sound of 846 from a cassette player.

Aug 15, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #5,274 of 22,960
Amazing thing is my wife got that Sanyo walkman at a garage sale for $2 and still works perfectly .... I don't recall cassettes taking soooo long to rewind! I think it took more than 5mins to rewind and trying to find a song is just shear luck and we lived with cassettes for years back then. It was so cool to dig up a box of old cassettes I had from the 1980-90s and had a good listen today. Though I think it's the sensitivity of the 846 .. it hisses a lot on the walkman.. way more than iphone earbuds which actually sounded better .. haha.

Aug 15, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #5,275 of 22,960
  Watch how it flips the Cassette to side B.

That's pretty snazzy!  I wonder if the turning mechanism has ever malfunctioned, and if so, what the price was to repair it? 
confused.gif

I remember when I would record music from the radio onto cassettes, or would repair the cassette tape if it ripped...oh the days. 
redface.gif
 I'm sure you all have lots of stories regarding cassette tapes.

Amazing thing is my wife got that Sanyo walkman at a garage sale for $2 and still works perfectly .... I don't recall cassettes taking soooo long to rewind! I think it took more than 5mins to rewind and trying to find a song is just shear luck and we lived with cassettes for years back then. It was so cool to dig up a box of old cassettes I had from the 1980-90s and had a good listen today. Though I think it's the sensitivity of the 846 .. it hisses a lot on the walkman.. way more than iphone earbuds which actually sounded better .. haha.

I wonder how the SE846 would sound on one of my old CD players, if I still had one around.

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #5,276 of 22,960
On vacay, listening to 846 as is, on an iPad 2013 version, wonderful. Don't want anything upgraded, not missing the hpa8 at all. Cheers.

Aug 15, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #5,277 of 22,960
On vacay, listening to 846 as is, on an iPad 2013 version, wonderful. Don't want anything upgraded, not missing the hpa8 at all. Cheers.

Try the Neutron Music Player from iTunes for your iPad.  You can choose so many settings to create your own sound signature or leave as is and have default stellar audio quality.

Aug 15, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #5,278 of 22,960

Try the Neutron Music Player from iTunes for your iPad.  You can choose so many settings to create your own sound signature or leave as is and have default stellar audio quality.

The red rocks of Sedona in enchantment, yum. But as I'm now lazy and can't bother looking it up, I don't equalize, whats the benefit of the app flat line?

Aug 15, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #5,279 of 22,960
The red rocks of Sedona in enchantment, yum. But as I'm now lazy and can't bother looking it up, I don't equalize, whats the benefit of the app flat line?

Well when you're not so lazy, you can look it up. 
bigsmile_face.gif
  I don't equalize either.  As for the benefit of the app flat line, the app already has default settings set that sound better than most other apps, as the software/drivers they use are a step above everything else (that I've heard/tested for the iPhone).

Aug 15, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #5,280 of 22,960

Well when you're not so lazy, you can look it up. :bigsmile_face:   I don't equalize either.  As for the benefit of the app flat line, the app already has default settings set that sound better than most other apps, as the software/drivers they use are a step above everything else (that I've heard/tested for the iPhone).

No I really am, and thanks for the reply, check it out upon my return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back