Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Apr 4, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #20,041 of 22,945
I somehow managed to damage the connector on one of my earbuds, the little tube piece broke off and came out with the pin of the cable.

Am I completely f’ed and will be charged full replacement value for a new bud or is there a service either through shure or 3rd party that would be able to replace mcxx connector for me?

Really dreading if it can’t be fixed :frowning2:

Apr 4, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #20,042 of 22,945
I somehow managed to damage the connector on one of my earbuds, the little tube piece broke off and came out with the pin of the cable.

Am I completely f’ed and will be charged full replacement value for a new bud or is there a service either through shure or 3rd party that would be able to replace mcxx connector for me?

are you referring to the nozzle where the filters go in that then connect to the ear sleve and go in to the main unit ? if so that nozzle is for sale from shure- i jsut bought one for 28 + 9 shipping

Apr 5, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #20,046 of 22,945
Apr 5, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #20,047 of 22,945

Try this link maybe can help https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10p...l?spm=2114.10010108.1000023.11.676d3f2an8LriG

Apr 5, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #20,050 of 22,945
Filing down the connector did not help :frowning2: I was hoping there was another way to fix what is probably a $2 part without having to throw away $400 on a full replacement headphone.

Anyone else has any ideas of any shop that could solder a replacement connector back in?

Check this link if you want to change the sound frequencies of your existing filters
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/mLEXOOc

Apr 5, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #20,051 of 22,945
Filing down the connector did not help :frowning2: I was hoping there was another way to fix what is probably a $2 part without having to throw away $400 on a full replacement headphone.

Anyone else has any ideas of any shop that could solder a replacement connector back in?

The tricky part is getting it apart, cleanly, to be able to solder a new socket in. I could get it apart and solder a new connector in but I don't think you would want to use it afterwards. :)

Apr 5, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #20,052 of 22,945

try reaching out to mike at perfect seal. he's done some fine repair work on other headphones i've had

Users who are viewing this thread

Back