1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Shure SE846 Impressions Thread

First

Back
1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335
  1. ryaneagon
    Any of you use ALO cables?

I have had 2 ALO reference 8 cables with intermittent connections, seems like the MMCX connection is slightly loose. ALO was gracious enough to replace my first one, second cable is the same. The connection "snaps" into place but you can definitely tell it fits looser than the stock Shure cables. I don't have any issues with my 846's and my stock cables.

It's not a deal breaker, as I can use the ALO with another set of IEMs, also I don't have an connection issue with the ALO and other IEM's, I have the on a pair of BGVP DM6's at the moment, maybe I'll try a set of Shure 535's.

My thought is that Shure's are held to tighter tolerances, maybe they build their cable specifically for their IEM's, and while the ALO isn't cheap and is of excellent quality, they have to build them to work with all IEM's...?

2. csglinux
    Take some fine-grit sandpaper to those ALO plugs (see two posts back).

3. ropie
    Thanks for your reply
    Out of warranty unfortunately. Hoping for a positive reply from Shure :disappointed_relieved:

4. ropie
    Thanks a lot

That makes sense and is a trick worth trying:thumbsup:
    First I'll wait on the Shure reply,

5. ryaneagon
    What part of the connector? What purpose does this serve? I don't want to ruin a $200 CABLE.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    UELong likes this.
  6. joseph0042
    Sorry moved my question to the help and recommendations section.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  7. ryaneagon
    They are super lower impedance, I have no issues driving them from my iPhone, Although they will benefit from more power, and better source, How much difference is subjective. In short you will get great sound quality out of a phone.

8. joshnor713
    I've had these for a while and can say you're missing out if you're driving them with a phone, unless it's one with a dedicated DAC, like LG's offerings. The SE846 sounded pretty dang good out of the LG V30 when I had it.

9. stormers
    Mine hisses with s8+ but dead silent with ES100 :)

10. ryaneagon
    I drive them from my phone (if needed) When I don't have my DAP (Sony WM1Z) or portable amp (ifi audio micro idsd) with me. There are plenty other IEM's I own that struggle with a phone, not the 846's. I had a DragonFly Red for a couple months with my iPhone and 846's Too much hiss though. Cheers!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  11. truereflections
    i seem to have lost the part as shown in this pic- https://photos.app.goo.gl/68p1Zr5zd7h4vxwKA - the silver part that holds the filters and connects it to the actual earbud.
    Where can i buy a replacement or do i get one from shure somehow ? Anyone know the cost of it ? Thanks !!!

12. davidcotton
    Get in touch with Shure?

13. truereflections
    shure just aid its part rpe846nzl. 28$ plus 9$ shipping....curious if anyone knows where else to get them online (hopefully cheaper)

First

Back
1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335