Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Feb 15, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #20,011 of 22,943
I've just bought some SE846 from Amazon UK and it appears the cable is attached to the headshell, even though there are two cables included. The top of the cable that came attached is rubbery. Am I missing something?
Does the earpiece completely swivel around? If so, just pull the earpiece off. I use a fingernail to help dislodge it.

Feb 15, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #20,016 of 22,943
It's the Bluetooth version, but I thought it would just have two removable cables, but still have the filters etc.
If it's this one, the cable should be removable (despite the rubber look) – and filters should be included.

Feb 15, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #20,017 of 22,943
I got my Shure SE846-CL with BT about week ago. Selle and shipped by Amazon.co.uk.
It had clear cable attached out of the box and two extra cables in the box. One with the mic and one Bluetooth cable. Also mine had filters included.

The already attached cable yes have the rubber feel on the top, that material should hold cable around your ear.

Feb 15, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #20,018 of 22,943
I've just bought some new SE846 from Amazon UK and it appears the cable is attached to the headshell, even though there are two cables included. The top of the cable that came attached is rubbery. Am I missing something?

Also, it no longer comes with filters. This is a totally different product that the last time I bought them new.
Can you post pictures?

Feb 15, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #20,019 of 22,943
Something weird happened today. Listened music from Tidal with FiiO M9 when at some point right earpiece was completely silent for about 10-15 seconds. I reached for player but then also sound returned. But after that it seems to me that bass isn't same anymore as it was before that happened. It's doesn't feel so punchy and live anymore, more like thin and not so "colourful".

Have anyone else experienced that or heard about it?

Feb 15, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #20,020 of 22,943
Something weird happened today. Listened music from Tidal with FiiO M9 when at some point right earpiece was completely silent for about 10-15 seconds. I reached for player but then also sound returned. But after that it seems to me that bass isn't same anymore as it was before that happened. It's doesn't feel so punchy and live anymore, more like thin and not so "colourful".

Have anyone else experienced that or heard about it?

Have you tried 2nd cable that came with 846? Is it the same?

Feb 17, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #20,023 of 22,943
Can somebody help me?

While changing cables I somehow damaged the connector of my left earphone
I tried to put on another cable, of which I found out later, the center pin was bent a little.
By pushing this bent connector onto the mmcx connenctor, I damaged the earphone
Its hard to see, but it seems that the center pin of the mmcx connector of the earphone, was pushed inwards.
Now the center part of the earphone connector almost sits flush on the bottom of the connector, instead of sticking out a few millimeters.

Now it barely makes contact, so the sound is dropping all the time.
I feel so stupid, I love these earphone s so much

Off course I wrote an e-mail to Shure today to ask if they can fix this, but no chance this will be a matter of warranty.
Hopefully they will show some courtesy.

Someone experienced something similar and has the golden tip how this can be repaired?
Any help much appreciated

The left picture is the right (undamaged) earpiece. The right is the damaged one

upload_2019-2-17_17-14-52.png

Feb 17, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #20,024 of 22,943
Can somebody help me?

I tried to put on another cable, of which I found out later, the center pin was bent a little.
Its hard to see, but it seems that the center pin of the mmcx connector of the earphone, was pushed inwards.
Now the center part of the earphone connector almost sits flush on the bottom of the connector, instead of sticking out a few millimeters.

Off course I wrote an e-mail to Shure today to ask if they can fix this, but no chance this will be a matter of warranty.

Someone experienced something similar and has the golden tip how this can be repaired?

The left picture is the right (undamaged) earpiece. The right is the damaged one

This has happened to a few users. Shure should fix it for you for free if its in warranty otherwise it will probably be cheaper to buy a replacement LHS or RHS unit, they still sell a single side replacement.

Feb 17, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #20,025 of 22,943
Can somebody help me?

You could try filing down the edge of your plug (don't touch the headphone itself - only the cable plug) using fine-grit sandpaper. This has worked for me with other mmcx headphones. The region in red is the only thing that wants reducing slightly.
mcxplug.png

If that fails, I think it's time for a replacement earbud :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back