Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Dec 28, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #19,862 of 22,945
Are there any after market ear tips worth a look at ?

Off the top of my head, Westone star tips seemed popular, and Symbios by Mandarin now do a set that are compatible with the shure nozzle. Then there's the daddy in custom tips. Also comply p series if you want a longer foam one.

Dec 28, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #19,863 of 22,945
Are there any after market ear tips worth a look at ?[/QUOTE

I’ve been using the Spinfits for nearly 3 months, I absolutely love them, coming from a person who has used the stock grey, and darker (compression) tips. The Spinfits are fantastic. They come in s,m,l and seem to be about the same size as Shure.

I haven’t paid attention to the sound signature difference much...they sound great and offer a bit better isolation. Cheers.

SpinFit CP800-M – Patented Silicone Eartips for Replacement (2 Pairs, Medium) (2mm Nozzle Dia.) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B7AMXDI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ZJKjCbKN06CKX

Dec 28, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #19,865 of 22,945
I tried Spinfits, but couldn't get as good a seal as the triple flanges. If the triple flanges are too much, you can cut one of the flanges off to make a double flange.

In my experience the Spinfits have to be inserted a bit differently than the stock grey soft flex, It took me a couple days to get comfortable with them.
I also cut down the top flange off the triple flanges, yes they provide the best seal, for me they are uncomfortable after only a few minutes.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #19,866 of 22,945
If you like bass then comply isolation series are the best in my opinion.
I find the spinfits are complimentary for other types of music (and non isolation).

Dec 28, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #19,867 of 22,945
I find the spinfits are complimentary for other types of music (and non isolation).

Dec 28, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #19,867 of 22,945

Dec 28, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #19,869 of 22,945

I find Symbio provide best sound and isolation but damn they hurt after an hour or two (tried both large and medium).
Spinfits are soooo comfortable but I can notice a big drop in isolation...

Dec 28, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #19,871 of 22,945
Had the exact same experience with those Symbios!

i've been trying using the foam from Symbio with spinfit. It provides the same (more or less) isolation as default Symbios and doesn't hurt as much. Can't hear any difference in SQ. Maybe you can try that? I'd love to hear your experience with that

BTW, do you actually squeeze and hold to wait for the foam to expand like the manual suggested? because i don't lol

Dec 29, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #19,873 of 22,945
Or you could just use the Shure foam tips and not worry about stuff, lol.
i'm glad i didn't settle for the provided foam tips as they are not good in comparison to the others recently mentioned (in my opinion).
In fact, until a perfect fit is found, the sq from the ear phones is just average. with a good seal, the sq is excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back