Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
Sep 6, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #2,086 of 3,218
Looking at the chart is interesting, I always felt that the warm and the balanced filters were quite close with just a tad more warmth on the former, with the bright sounding much more different. Since I love the balanced sound, I could see myself using warm, but not bright.

So is it just me, or does the chart show that warm and balanced are indeed very similar?

The balanced and warm filters are similar huh. Haven't gave them a try at all, a big mistake of mine, will put them on today.

Sep 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #2,087 of 3,218
I was surprised- I'm not a bass head so I stuck to the balanced, but the difference was very subtle warm vs balanced.

Balanced vs bright is a much more obvious change.

Sep 7, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #2,088 of 3,218
Any advice for quickly and easily changing the filters on the 846s? It seemed to me you have to make sure the filter is seated properly (which can be difficult) or when you screw the ring on it leaves a gap. It took me quite a while to get it right.

Sep 7, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #2,089 of 3,218
£949 ($1,485 USD)? God, that's a bargain! I'd been thinking all along they'd retail for £950 or £999, in which case I'd have thought they'd be a total rip-off. For £949 I think I might as well get two pairs.
It much less than the adult price for the Tera...you really do not know how to recognize a bargain...at 949£ it's almost as if advancedmp3 were a Non Profit Organization.

Sep 7, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #2,090 of 3,218
Any advice for quickly and easily changing the filters on the 846s? It seemed to me you have to make sure the filter is seated properly (which can be difficult) or when you screw the ring on it leaves a gap. It took me quite a while to get it right.

Align the red paint

Sep 7, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #2,095 of 3,218
Are the highs extensions that bad? It doesn't seems so.

Myap,

I agree the treble seems fine. Ignore the ramblings of more trolls who have not actually heard the 846s. As I write this and listen to Beethoven's 3rd the violins and cymbels sound spectacular. I notice no roll off of the cymbels which the original 535s exhibited.

Sep 7, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #2,096 of 3,218
Is this thread ready for some humor yet?

Sadly all those pics are saying the truth

Sep 7, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #2,097 of 3,218
Are the highs extensions that bad? It doesn't seems so.

Myap,

I agree the treble seems fine. Ignore the ramblings of more trolls who have not actually heard the 846s. As I write this and listen to Beethoven's 3rd the violins and cymbels sound spectacular. I notice no roll off of the cymbels which the original 535s exhibited.

That's glad to hear.

Btw, I wish to use foam ear tips but they just alter the sound too much. Is it just the case for shure olives or all foam eartips? Otherwise I might give some comply foam a shot.

Sep 7, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #2,098 of 3,218
  The measuring equipment used is designed for hearing aids in the band between 100 and 10000 hertz. that might explain the cutoff at 10k.

Could udauda confirm this? I am not too familiar with BAs response but that does seem very sharp roll off to be natural.

It's fascinating to see the trolls coming up at the surface all suddenly though :wink:

Sep 7, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #2,099 of 3,218
That's glad to hear.

Btw, I wish to use foam ear tips but they just alter the sound too much. Is it just the case for shure olives or all foam eartips? Otherwise I might give some comply foam a shot.

I have tried all of the Comply tips and I agree they alter the sound. I suggest the Westone Star Tips order the assortment pack to find your size.

Sep 7, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #2,100 of 3,218
Could udauda confirm this? I am not too familiar with BAs response but that does seem very sharp roll off to be natural.

It's fascinating to see the trolls coming up at the surface all suddenly though :wink:

About the trolls, truer words have nit be spoken. They actual hope and pray the 846s are a failure I guess they cannot afford them or work for Westone or Sennheiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back